Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Stretch Marks? StriVectin SD?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Does that StriVectin SD thing really work for stretch marks? I've read that they actually just don't go away..ever...

Anyone tried anything that helps? Please tell me~
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:42 am      Reply with quote
im also very much interested in this topic.......especially old stretch marks lol from like 10 years ago Question im a very skinny person always have been but got em when i was 14 even though i was quite skinny then. its an unsightly sight And iv always wanted to fix it. For now i just rub bio oil or silkia oil or moisturizer whatever i get my hands on this is just to prevent new ones emerging n moisturize the area although its not a fix or maybe i have not tried the bio oil or the silkia religiosly Question Advice on this one please
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I HATE stretch marks. I'm a thin person as well at 110 lbs, and i have stretch marks on my breasts, inner thighs and butt. I've tried many, many creams from Vichy anti-stretch mark creams, to biotherm, cocoa butters, pure vitamin E serums/oils, even taking vitamin E pills. I have seen a dermatologist about my stretch marks and he told me that there is absolutely NOTHING you can do about stretch marks. Once they are there, they will stay there. Very depressing actually, knowing that there is nothing you can do for old, ugly stretch marks.
You can however exfoliate your skin, and moisturize to prevent new stretch marks from forming. But my doctor said the safest solution is to just not gain weight!
My stretch marks on my breasts happened when i was going through puberty, my breasts developed quickly therefore causing stretch marks.
I have always been between 110-120 lbs so my weight has never been drastically different, however i still manage to get stretch marks Sad
So what i do now is moisturize every morning and night with palmers cocoa butter. (I've used expensive brands and figure, its going to be way too expensive if i'm using moisturizer everyday... i have too thought about stri-vectin, but am glad i never purchased it because it would be lots of money down the drain). I also exfoliate the skin twice a week using ROC microdermabrasion kit, and using self tanner helps make stretch marks less noticeable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't waste my money on an expensive product like Strivectin, in my opinion nothing gets rid of stretch marks, I agree with BCgirl about being able to prevent new ones but old ones are probably there to stay, btw my stretch marks are from 3 children so it could be that those are worse to get rid of then stretch marks obtained from other ways.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Does this mean the bio oil does not work either? Cause their ads and stuff always mention how its good for stretch marks i wonder in what way Question They even have consumer stories in magazines for it. Are those made up Confused
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Many stories in magazines about products etc. are made up.
I was once watching a documentary about the stuff that goes behind info. comercials and i found out that many people that go on those commercials telling you how good a product is and how it helped them are actually paid actors who most have not even used the product.

I often wonder about those Pro-Activ ads where they have famous celebs like Jessica Simpson, Kelly Clarkson, P-Diddy Etc. promoting their product... I wonder if Jessica Simpson uses Pro-Activ religiously since she can afford something better and pricier

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I too have asked my doc about what procedures/creams could be used for stretch marks & he said nothing could be done. One of my friends used a whole tube of the stri-vectin & did not get results. I have the bio oil, but haven't seen any improvement. I'm wondering if doing an aggressive exfoliation would work? Ie. using acids/micro derm?

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
if you do like regular peels. So your peeling of a layer of skin. AFter a while from the number of peeels the stretched marked skin should peel off Question or thats not possible either? .............i remeber once reading on a forum (not this one), how a person kept doing regular TCA peels for lightening results however it also happen to get rid of the stretch marks as well. I wont go the peel route but im just curious.
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Actually - there ARE things that can be done for stretch marks. I am working on mine right now with a combination of glycolic acid 50% peels, copper peptides and emu oil.

Check out:

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/board/about22228-0-asc-5010.html

for more info.

Pele

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Absolute nothing to get rid of strech marks? I wonder how supermodel Heide Klum did it? I couldn't see any on her body even she has had 2 babies? Maybe she just hid well?
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
Many stories in magazines about products etc. are made up.
I was once watching a documentary about the stuff that goes behind info. comercials and i found out that many people that go on those commercials telling you how good a product is and how it helped them are actually paid actors who most have not even used the product.

I often wonder about those Pro-Activ ads where they have famous celebs like Jessica Simpson, Kelly Clarkson, P-Diddy Etc. promoting their product... I wonder if Jessica Simpson uses Pro-Activ religiously since she can afford something better and pricier

From a close source,,, she supposedly uses/used accutane.
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Though I'm not a big fan of StriVectin-SD, but I think it really works. I have a few stretch marks on my thighs. I bought one tube and started using it 2 times a day.

After a while, I became too lazy to use it everyday. I only use it whenever I have that extra time to apply it. But then, I realised that it has indeed reduced the stretch marks on my thighs. Of course, it's still there, but it's less obvious and feels smoother now due to the reduction of depth.

I think the product is effective, but depending on the severity. My friend who has severe stretch marks all over also saw significant improvement. But bare in mind one thing, once the stretch marks appear, you can never eliminate them. StriVectin-SD reduces it to the minimal, but don't expect them to disappear.
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I just read in More Magazine about a product by Clarins called Stretch Mark Control. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know how effective it is, but I thought I'd mention it in case no one has heard of it. I trust a lot of the beauty advice from this magazine. It only says that the product claims to tone down stretch marks and help prevent new ones, not that it is a miracle cure...pretty balanced opinion I'd say.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |