Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

sunscreen and makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of a good photostable sunscreen to use under makeup everyday?

Thank you!!
puma7
5% products discount

Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi there!
what type of make up do you use?
what is your skin type?

xxxThe Quest for Best Sunscreen

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use Shiseido Lotion SPF 50 (in the US it's 55) - it dries very matte and my makeup goes on smoothly. If you have drier skin, try the cream version, although the lotions is a better deal - for the same money, the bottle is twice the size! And it's photostable.
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks colleen i will keep that one in mind!

Puma7 I use Jane Iredale pressed based which is a powder but non drying. I also use a liquid concealer.

Any words of advice?? Smile
puma7
5% products discount

Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreen choice would depend on your skin type: sensitive , oily or dry all need different ingredients in the formulation.

If you have an oily T zone, you might find most transparent sunscreens greasy on that area (yes, even chemical sunscreen Anthelios Fluide LOOKS greasy IMO,although it doesnt FEEL greasy).
On oily areas lait or spray products are not bad.
Colleen I have tried 14% physical sunscreen Shiseido SPF 50 on my forearm and it left white mark Sad maybe because my forearm is dry - I dont use body lotion ?Its strange,I am very pale , ivory pale though with some warm tones coming through and I thought people wont notice the whiteness of the sunscreen..but they do! Embarassed (see my topic: A ghost wants to have human complexion)

From chemical sunscreens I quite like Photoderm Spray (Im combination,with oily Tzone)although SPF 60 leaves white cast when you put the required amount -therefore thin layer or SPF 40 is a better option. //Digression: also its safer to reapply at least once suncreen with lower SPF than only apply higher SPF once during the day//

One last note:
I have written to Linda Sy to bring out a paler version of her ZO and this is her reply:
Hi ,

Thanks for writing. You are not the first to request a lighter shade of
flesh colored ZO. I'll look into the feasibility of adding another shade.
Meanwhile, have you tried mixing a little bit of the tinted ZO with the
Untinted? You can play around with a couple of samples by mixing them on
your palm before application. This has worked well for some of our clients.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life is a school in progress. If you decide to try my suggestions, I
appreciate your follow up report on your response; whether good or bad. What
we learn together will benefit others with the same problem as yours."

Linda Sy MD
Linda Sy Skin Care
http://www.lindasy.com
Voice:Toll-free 877-Lindasy (546-3279)
Outside U.S.: 925-283-4200
FAX: 925-283-4207

5% products discount

Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to add that using loose powder over my Photoderm MAX spray really makes it more matte. On the other hand I heard Anthelios is hard to mattify.

Hope this helps - any comments welcome,I am not an expert on sunscreen although I am slowly becoming one, at least in practice if not in theory ( I tried so many sunscreens!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
puma7, sorry to hear the Shiseido gave you a white cast. Mine is the consistency of milk and totally sinks into my skin. I use another shiseido product (Anessa) which is a purely physical sunscreen and I can see how this can leave a cast, becaue it's a thicker consistence, although the color is flesh toned, so it also absorbs into my skin.

Maybe yours is a different formulation than mine, I haven't heard any complaints similar to yours with this particular one.

Sorry it didn't work for you.
puma7
5% products discount

Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Colleen not to worry - I heard that the quality of Japanese Shiseido products and European Shiseido is different. On Make Up Alley someone mentioned that it might leave slight white tinge -otherwise it has great reviews.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know that that's true. I bought mine in Japan, but it has an English label and the info sheet inside has like 10 languages!! The US is different, but the Japanese, Candadian and Eurpoean are, I think, the same.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |