Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Has anyone used the Obagi-C line?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I was just reading about it and thought I'd ask. I have a major lemming for some new products.

-Cheri
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I use the Obagi line but not the new C line. It has truly changed my skin for the better and would be what I have to say was a change your life product. I can't say enough good about it my skin looks amazing. Good luck if you do decide to try it.

Sherri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Sherry, what was your skin like before? I don't have acne or anything. I want rejuvenation. Smile I just realized how well I like that word.....rejuvenation!

-Cheri
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri,
My skin was dull and tired both from sun damage as well as smoking Embarassed . I had acne but about five years ago went on accutane which cleared it up. My skin is so much fresher and actually has a nice glow on most days....

Sherri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the info Sherry. My skin is dull and tired too. I haven't been in the sun for a very long time, but I smoke. Sounds like Obagi might be just right for me.

I hadn't realized before now that Obagi-C just began shipping to derms and such in May of this year, so I guess it's still way too early to be asking for raves.

Here's what Obagi is saying about it:

Obagi Introduces Obagi-C Rx System for Photolumines Skin

For years, women have been searching for ways to achieve radiant skin. Radiant skin is the outward sign of the youth and energy they feel inside, but even minor sun damage can cause skin to become dull and lackluster. True radiance comes from within. It's your light shining through. Now, your skin can actually project the same energy that you feel inside. Today Obagi has discovered a way for women to let their natural radiance shine through, and without makeup. Obagi-C Rx System - the first and only prescription based Vitamin C System, delivers Photolumines Skin. Photolumines Skin emits measurable light from within.

The Obagi-C Rx System is the only Vitamin C System that combines a patented formula of 4% prescription strength Hydroquinone and professional strength Vitamin C to deliver superior penetration to all levels of the skin resulting in Photolumines Skin. The power of the Obagi-C Rx System is the System.

Sounds pretty good doesn't it?

-Cheri
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:13 am      Reply with quote
It sure does sound good but am already a huge fan of Obagi as well as their Vitamin c.

Sherri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Hopefully I'll be another fan too, because I just ordered the entire set. I will let you know how I like it.

-Cheri
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Hey Cheri,
I hope you like too am really curious to hear more about the new line. Looking forward to your posts and hopefully raves about it.

Sherri
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Gals, be very weary of hydroquinone(hq) - may show temporary brightening, but in the long run it's not good for your skin. It has been banned in most countries, except USA. It should not be used for more than 4 months.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. I will be very careful. I have to say though, I have only been using the Obagi-C for a couple of days now and I am really liking it. Apparently it's not nearly as aggressive as the Nu-Derm system. I am tempted however, to buy the blender to mix with my Tazorac. I am really liking the Obagi-C Clarifying Serum which is 10% Vitamin C with 4% Hydroquinone. Here's the complete ingredients:

Each gram of Obagi-C Clarifying Serum contains Hydroquinone 4% USP mg/gm in a base of Propylene Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Purified Water and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.

Funny how Vit C can make such a huge difference in a matter of days. I will keep posting about the effects as the days go by.

-Cheri
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have found great results in Vitamin C serums also. I think you should look into ones without hydroquinone though in the future. Vitamin C alone or with retinol does wonders for my skin.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Fairlyfair wrote:
I have found great results in Vitamin C serums also. I think you should look into ones without hydroquinone though in the future. Vitamin C alone or with retinol does wonders for my skin.

I'm no stranger to Vitamin C serums. Before this Obagi system I was using SkinMedica which I was really happy with. It did brighten my complexion and I did use it with a retinoid. However, in my case, the C plus hydroquinone has taken me an extra step forward and enabled me to forego foundation. I haven't gone without foundation for many, many years so this is nothing short of amazing for me! I didn't have brown spots before, but my face was blotchy with an uneven tone. I still find it hard to believe the change in just a couple of days. But...here I am today at work with just blush, lipstick, and mascara.

I know to be careful though, so I imagine after a few weeks I'll rotate with a regular Vit C serum.

I'll be going to my derm in a couple of weeks for my botox, so I'll talk to her about it then. She may be upset that I am using it since I bought the system from a website without a prescription. At my derms office they only sell MD Forte.

-Cheri
Edited to add: I really think the Obagi-C cleanser is very drying so I won't be repurchasing that.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:25 am      Reply with quote
SherriinCanada wrote:
Hey Cheri,
I hope you like too am really curious to hear more about the new line. Looking forward to your posts and hopefully raves about it.

Sherri

Hi Sherri,

I am now on day 12 of using some of the Obagi-C products and a few of the Nu-Derm products.

In the AM I am using:

* Obagi-C Cleanser
* Obagi-C Vit C serum
* Obagi Nu-Derm Clear ((Started two days ago)
* Obagi-C Exfoliating Day Lotion
* Obagi-C Sunguard spf 30

PM:

* Obagi-C Cleanser
* Obagi Nu-Derm Clear
* Obagi Nu-Derm Blender 1/2 gram mixed with 1/2 gram .1% Tazorac(Started this mix 1 week ago)(I might change to .05% since I have an rx for it too)

I have to admit....Obagi is no joke! It is rough! I am mostly peeling on the top of my nose, upper lip and all around my chin area. Flakes are hanging even though I exfoliate lightly with a washcloth AM and PM. Also my face is tight and feels sunburned. Sensitivity is at the max! There is no way I could wear foundation at this point. I am just using lipstick, eyeliner and mascara. It might be in my teeny little mind, but under all the flakes I am seeing a definite improvement in my pores and skin tone.

I am the only woman at work, so the guys are having a ball poking fun at my face. I am, however, determined to get through this! I think I can....I think I can....

-Cheri
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri,

Been there done that comes to mind after reading your post Laughing . I use the nu derm system and was a dry flaky mess but am glad I stuck with it. My skin has tamed down now and rarely do I have any dry spots. Stick with it , it will get much better.

Sherri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the encouragement. Sherri, how long before the peeling subsided....or to be point blank....how long before you were presentable?

-Cheri
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri,

I started in January and think it was about the end of March before my skin tamed down. If you can't wear makeup it sounds like you are having a bit more reaction to the procuct than I did. I am not so sure that is a good thing since the C line is supposed to be gentler. There are different approaches prescribed for the product such as agressive, very aggesive and I forget the other one my derm mentioned.

Mine wasnt overly aggressive so maybe that explains why I was able to wear makeup.

Good luck again with the product , it sure worked wonders for my skin. Now if I would just quit smoking and continuing to damage it Embarassed .

Sherri
Mabsy

Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Laughing

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I read through this post and saw a bit of a trend:

"Hi Cheri,

Sherri"

"Hi Sherri,

Cheri"

It's kinda funny Anxious Or perhaps I've just had a long day... Sorry, I don't really have much to contribute here so I shall butt out now Embarassed

Mabsy
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:38 am      Reply with quote
LOL Mabsy it struck me too so don't worry you aren't losing it. For a bit I wondered if I was talking to myself each time I replied Smile .
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe some more with different spellings will appear to make it even more confusing!

Seriously though, since I could barely open my mouth yesterday without it hurting (actually my entire face hurt), I have decided to maybe go the gradual route with the Obagi. My face was/is a mess, but better today since I didn't use the Clear, Exfoliater or Blender/Taz mix last night.

I'll try every other night and see what if my skin can handle it. I ain't givin up yet though!

-Cheri
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri,

I never had sore skin but also was never prescribed the clear so maybe that worsens it. Good luck with it , your experience is certainly different than mine was.

sherri
mds830
5% products discount

Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:16 am      Reply with quote
About 6 years ago I was given 6 Obaji skin treatments. They turned my face blue and burned so much a fan was used to help tolerate the burning. They also took away the dark spots and lots of skin peeling ending up with a very clean look. But the very first time I forgot to put on sunscreen, all the age spots popped right back. I also used the lightening cream on my arms (for age spots) along with Retin-A. It became too expensive and I quit using it.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
After a month of using Obagi products I can't rave enough about them. I promise my skin hasn't looked like this since I was in my 20's.

I have to admit it was pure hell when I started out and I almost gave in and quit, but I am so glad I stuck with it. This is the most dramatic effect I have ever experienced with any skin care.

The products that I am consistently using now is Obagi-C Vit C serum, Obagi Nu-Derm Clear, Obagi Nu-Derm Blender 1/2 gram mixed with 1/2 gram .1% Tazorac.

-Cheri
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Fairlyfair wrote:
Gals, be very weary of hydroquinone(hq) - may show temporary brightening, but in the long run it's not good for your skin. It has been banned in most countries, except USA. It should not be used for more than 4 months.

I'm interested in tryin one of the products with hydroquinone, to see if it will help with my skin redness skincoloration, Why is it that you say to watch out for hydroquinone,? tell me more please. thank you. krys
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I had the same question. I heard the hydroquinone was good for brown spots. What is the danger? Is it absorption into your system or just a bad effect to the skin itself?
Thanks
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri,

I am glad you are as thrilled with your Obagi results as I was. I think for the most part people get discouraged the first month because of the redness and peeling so give up on it. If you can stick it out Obagi will restore your skin and give it a nice healthy glow again.

Having read a lot of bad here about the Hydroquinoine I am glad I found this forum after using Obagi or it may have scared me off.

Sherri
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |