Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
shopping list for Dr. Hauschka products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to Germany & switzerland in September...yah!!!
I've never used any Dr. Hauschka products but have been reading reviews in this forum. I guess it will be much cheaper to buy them in Germany.
here is my shopping list:
-Rejuvinating mask
-Rhythmic conditioner sensitive (didn't find it on EDS but it is recommened to go with the mask)
-cleansing cream
-cleansing clay mask

what else should I buy? what is your favorite Dr H product?

thanks a lot!
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
There are heaps of Dr. H. products, and it is a lot cheaper than EDS. Wink I like the make up, a lot of nice coloured eyeshadows, and I like the new volumizing mascara. At the moment I don't have a lot of Dr.H. in the cabinet, but rose cream and normalizing day oil are very nice. The coloured day cream is also good, and dosen't contain alcohol like all the others.

I do believe that Dr.H is cheapest in Germany, but in Switzerland you can buy Weleda products too. I love Weleda wild rose oils, and the capsules are wonderful. You should also have a look at Farfalla, especially their aloe-shea serum with HA.

In general these products can be found in drugstores and supermarkets.

Where are you going in Switzerland?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Do you like to steam your face? The Facial Steam Concentrate is really nice to add to the water. I try to steam once every couple weeks, then use the Cleansing Clay Mask. Once a week I use the Rejuvenating Mask. I also use the Clarifying Toner daily, and the Rhythmic Night Conditioner every 3 months or so. Any reason you are getting the Sensitive? I have pretty sensitive skin but the regular has worked well for me. I tried the Cleansing Cream but all it did was congest my pores so I gave up on that one. I've read alot of people have had the same problem, so I would maybe suggest only getting one of those to try. Unfortunately I bought 3 tubes and only used one and a half.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I was going to say Rose Day Cream and Normalizing Oil, too. And I like both of their mascaras, though I prefer the non-volume one, and I also like their loose powder. I personally have never thought much of their masks that I've tried, but the day oil and the rose cream are awesome. I'd also buy two tubes of the cleansing cream, and I'd test out the new Light version of Rose Day Cream (If I were on a limitless spending spree, that is Laughing). Oh, and I'd pick up a couple lipsticks and liners. Have fun!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Schnee wrote:
There are heaps of Dr. H. products, and it is a lot cheaper than EDS. Wink I like the make up, a lot of nice coloured eyeshadows, and I like the new volumizing mascara. At the moment I don't have a lot of Dr.H. in the cabinet, but rose cream and normalizing day oil are very nice. The coloured day cream is also good, and dosen't contain alcohol like all the others.

I do believe that Dr.H is cheapest in Germany, but in Switzerland you can buy Weleda products too. I love Weleda wild rose oils, and the capsules are wonderful. You should also have a look at Farfalla, especially their aloe-shea serum with HA.

In general these products can be found in drugstores and supermarkets.

Where are you going in Switzerland?

Thanks so much for the info.. I thought Weleda is from Germany, guess I am wrong. My friend likes their sweet almond oil.

I am going to Bern, Interlaken and Geneva in Switzerland. any suggetion where should I shop?
Laughing
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Do you like to steam your face? The Facial Steam Concentrate is really nice to add to the water. I try to steam once every couple weeks, then use the Cleansing Clay Mask. Once a week I use the Rejuvenating Mask. I also use the Clarifying Toner daily, and the Rhythmic Night Conditioner every 3 months or so. Any reason you are getting the Sensitive? I have pretty sensitive skin but the regular has worked well for me. I tried the Cleansing Cream but all it did was congest my pores so I gave up on that one. I've read alot of people have had the same problem, so I would maybe suggest only getting one of those to try. Unfortunately I bought 3 tubes and only used one and a half.

I am Jurlique AHC to steam my face, I only used it for a while then I gave up, no patience.
My skin is a bit sensitive so I am thinking of getting the sensitive. I heard so many faves about the cleansing cream, I thought it is supposed to clean your pores? not for you? I will get some sample from sephora then.
do you like the Rejuvenating Mask?
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I was going to say Rose Day Cream and Normalizing Oil, too. And I like both of their mascaras, though I prefer the non-volume one, and I also like their loose powder. I personally have never thought much of their masks that I've tried, but the day oil and the rose cream are awesome. I'd also buy two tubes of the cleansing cream, and I'd test out the new Light version of Rose Day Cream (If I were on a limitless spending spree, that is Laughing). Oh, and I'd pick up a couple lipsticks and liners. Have fun!

is the rose day cream for very dry skin? mine is oily.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I have semi-oily and semi-dry skin, but I really prefer the Rose Day Cream to their other moisturizers. If you look into the Dr. Hauschka theory on moisturizing a bit, you'll find that they are proponents of using MORE oil on oilier skins, to send it the message that the skin is plenty moisturized and it can stop producing so much oil. That's why the Moisturizing Day Lotion, which is quite light, is aimed towards dry skins, whereas the Normalizing Day Oil, which is as it sounds a pure oil, is aimed towards oily skins. I do think the Rose Day Cream is a bit heavy for oily skin, but it always felt good on my complexion and never made me break out or look greasy. Still, if you're concerned, you might try the new Light version of that same product, since I believe it was formulated to help alleviate the heavy feeling that the regular Rose Day Cream would sometimes impart. Hope this helps!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
The cleasing cream is said to be really good, and also I heard the lip stick is great.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
Diana P wrote:

I am Jurlique AHC to steam my face, I only used it for a while then I gave up, no patience.
My skin is a bit sensitive so I am thinking of getting the sensitive. I heard so many faves about the cleansing cream, I thought it is supposed to clean your pores? not for you? I will get some sample from sephora then.

I love the Rejuvenating Mask. I actually have it on right now. Laughing I leave it on much longer than the recommended time, usually for an hour or so, and my skin seems brighter after I use it. My teenage son gets acne on his cheeks and will sometimes put a thin layer on in the mornings and leaves it on all day. It seems to fade the redness.
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:07 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:

Thanks so much for the info.. I thought Weleda is from Germany, guess I am wrong. My friend likes their sweet almond oil.

I am going to Bern, Interlaken and Geneva in Switzerland. any suggetion where should I shop?
Laughing

Hm, I don't know for sure if Weleda is German or swiss? In Switzerland you can find their products everywhere, more than Dr. H. actually. I think Weleda you will find cheapest in larger Coop supermarkets, but it isn't mch difference to drugstores or health food stores (in those you will find Dr.H too).

Sorry I don't know any good places to shop where you are going. Interlaken is lovely, but go to Lauterbrunnen and Jungfraujoch or Schilthorn if you can.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:50 am      Reply with quote
ooh grace you lucky lady you! Very Happy I don't use Dr. H skincare but I absolutely LOVE their makeup. It all smells like roses, doesn't cause breakouts and glides on like silk.

I use the following:

1. Pressed powdered bronzer [adds a very subtle glow to your face]
2. eyeshadows - the calorosa eye shadow duo is most versatile for my brunette coloring, and the emoziante [purples] is also fabulous!
3. lipgloss and mascara. I've only tried the old formula mascara, the blue is absolutely stunning! Subtle blue, not in your face Rimmel kind of blue! And I'd love to try their new volume mascara as well.

I also use Dr. H concealer stick, it's lasted me a long time.

Have fun and happy shopping, this should give you the opportunity to try much more in their wonderful line at affordable prices.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
You know, I have semi-oily and semi-dry skin, but I really prefer the Rose Day Cream to their other moisturizers. If you look into the Dr. Hauschka theory on moisturizing a bit, you'll find that they are proponents of using MORE oil on oilier skins, to send it the message that the skin is plenty moisturized and it can stop producing so much oil. That's why the Moisturizing Day Lotion, which is quite light, is aimed towards dry skins, whereas the Normalizing Day Oil, which is as it sounds a pure oil, is aimed towards oily skins. I do think the Rose Day Cream is a bit heavy for oily skin, but it always felt good on my complexion and never made me break out or look greasy. Still, if you're concerned, you might try the new Light version of that same product, since I believe it was formulated to help alleviate the heavy feeling that the regular Rose Day Cream would sometimes impart. Hope this helps!

Thanks you! I will get some sample here to try first, see if I like it. but I guess it will be too heavy for the summer right? can save it for the winter.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
gracedhy wrote:
Diana P wrote:

I love the Rejuvenating Mask. I actually have it on right now. Laughing I leave it on much longer than the recommended time, usually for an hour or so, and my skin seems brighter after I use it. My teenage son gets acne on his cheeks and will sometimes put a thin layer on in the mornings and leaves it on all day. It seems to fade the redness.

Great! how long does it last you? I am thinking of getting two tubes.
Laughing
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Schnee wrote:
gracedhy wrote:

Laughing

Hm, I don't know for sure if Weleda is German or swiss? In Switzerland you can find their products everywhere, more than Dr. H. actually. I think Weleda you will find cheapest in larger Coop supermarkets, but it isn't mch difference to drugstores or health food stores (in those you will find Dr.H too).

Sorry I don't know any good places to shop where you are going. Interlaken is lovely, but go to Lauterbrunnen and Jungfraujoch or Schilthorn if you can.

Confused we only plan to spend 3 or 4 days in Switerlzand, too bad! but i will take note of those places if we have time.
thanks for your advices!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
ooh grace you lucky lady you! Very Happy I don't use Dr. H skincare but I absolutely LOVE their makeup. It all smells like roses, doesn't cause breakouts and glides on like silk.

I use the following:

1. Pressed powdered bronzer [adds a very subtle glow to your face]
2. eyeshadows - the calorosa eye shadow duo is most versatile for my brunette coloring, and the emoziante [purples] is also fabulous!
3. lipgloss and mascara. I've only tried the old formula mascara, the blue is absolutely stunning! Subtle blue, not in your face Rimmel kind of blue! And I'd love to try their new volume mascara as well.

I also use Dr. H concealer stick, it's lasted me a long time.

Have fun and happy shopping, this should give you the opportunity to try much more in their wonderful line at affordable prices.

hehe, I dont usually wear makeups, but their lip balm sounds good, I am also interested in the blue mascara. if they are cheap enough i will definitely buy!~
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Have a look at http://www.dr.hauschka.de/ then you get an impression of things you can get in Europ. The link is to the german site, but you will find an direct link to an english language site there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Schnee!
I've only used the cleansing cream, rejuvenating mask and their bronze concentrate and out of the three I would repurchase the bronze concentrate...Im Chinese but have quite light skin, so I add a drop or two of it into my sunscreen and it makes my skin all glowy and brown but not in a murky-brown way. Its not shimmery at all and I experienced no breakouts from using it.

Diana---you said the rejuvenating mask has helped your son's acne? Did it ever fade the marks and scars?
I've been using a whole tube (am on my 2nd tube cos I really want to see it work) and although it seems to make my skin hydrated, soft and the pores look smaller, I cant see it improving my acne or the red marks.
How many times does he use this a week?
TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I love the Rejuvenating Mask, Translucent Bronze Concentrate, Cleansing Cream, Normalising Day Oil.

I also like the Toner for Oily skin and the clay mask. Am also dying to try the new Rose Day Cream Light.
I think I would just buy up the lot Laughing

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
The lip balm is amazing. I have excessively flaky and dry lips and this is the only lip product that works for me. Even in the wintertime!
scuzan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Their Cleaning cream is very good, and it cleans the pores well. and I also love their quince day cream, and lip stick.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
O... I wished I can go there... how much cheaper anyway?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I wanna try DrH mask. If i have to choose just one, which one should I try first between Rejuvinating mask and firming mask.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest Rejuvenating and Firming Mask
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
My favs are the Bronzing Concentrate, Cleansing Cream, and the Clay mask.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |