Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

surgery tomorrow
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
My mom is having surgery tomorrow (Friday) to remove a cantaloupe sized cyst in her ovary. It is going to be a major surgery because she has excessive scar tissue/adhesions that the surgeons are going to have to deal with (apparently they will have to make a long (10-12") vertical incision). (My mom has had 5 abdominal surgeries in her life and she also over-produces scar tissue.) She also is disabled and has been having problems with her immune system so it's not the safest surgery compared to if she were generally healthy and had never had any other surgeries before. We're all a little nervous, my mom especially.

Could y'all do us a favor and keep her in your thoughts please? Smile Thank you.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
She'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness! I will definitely keep your Mom in my thoughts. Hang in there, Amnis! XOXOX

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutely! Thinking of your mom and you. Take care.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I will certainly keep you Mother in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how she is doing as the days pass.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely keeping you both in our thoughts, and do update to let us know.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Amnis! I am sending lots of warm and healing thoughts to you and your mother and hope that her surgery and subsequent recovery is swift and without any complications! Please let us know how everything went when you can!

(((Hugs)))
~Lorraine

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck with the surgery tomorrow and speedy recovery!

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hoping thing will go well.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:15 am      Reply with quote
I certainly will keep her in my thoughts. Hope all goes well for her.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Speedy healing thoughts to your mom, Amnis!

A key to keeping scar tissue from forming is to stop inflammation as much as possible. Fresh pineapple (I mean completely fresh, just cut) has an ingredient called bromelaine that is amazing at preventing inflammation and speeding healing. The bromelaine starts to dissipate as soon as the pineapple is cut and exposed to oxygen, so it's important to eat it soon after cutting it. You can also get bromelaine supps in healthfood stores. Arnica montana is great, too, but with arnica be careful about interactions with other medications (arnica has slight blood-thinning properties, like aspirin does). Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Amnis,
I am late but I will be praying and please take good care of yourself.It is such a stressful time.
Linda
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Amnis both you and you mum will certainly be in my thoughts.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you EDS sweethearts! I thought I'd take a "break" and jump on the hospital's guest computer...

My mom is recovering from her surgery now... she made it through okay albeit she is in a lot of pain. Her surgeon said the surgery went more smoothly than expected. They were able to remove the growth in one piece and sent it away to be biopsied.

Thanks again for all of your support.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'll continue my prayers for you and good results and a speedy recovery for your Mom.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Thank you EDS sweethearts! I thought I'd take a "break" and jump on the hospital's guest computer...

My mom is recovering from her surgery now... she made it through okay albeit she is in a lot of pain. Her surgeon said the surgery went more smoothly than expected. They were able to remove the growth in one piece and sent it away to be biopsied.

Thanks again for all of your support.

This such great news, Amnis! I checked this thread earlier today in the hopes of hearing anything about your Mom's surgery, so I'm glad that you found a second to take a break and fill us in! I am so happy to learn that her surgery went better than expected, and hope that her biopsy results come back as healthy! May her recovery go just as well as the surgery, and be a swift one at that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
amnis,

Thank you for taking the time to update us on your Mom's surgery. Glad to hear the surgery is over and went well. My continued thoughts and prayers are coming your way. You need to get your rest also.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad all went well and hope that everything continues to go well for your mum. Will still be thinking of her.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
So glad the surgery went well and hope that biopsy results will be good as well.

Keep us posted.

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
A key to keeping scar tissue from forming is to stop inflammation as much as possible. Fresh pineapple (I mean completely fresh, just cut) has an ingredient called bromelaine that is amazing at preventing inflammation and speeding healing. The bromelaine starts to dissipate as soon as the pineapple is cut and exposed to oxygen, so it's important to eat it soon after cutting it. You can also get bromelaine supps in healthfood stores.

Thanks for the advice, Jeannine. I had never heard this before. I'm glad I took her some fresh pineapple the other day (except for it was cut a couple of hours before I visited her so who knows how much bromelaine it retained).

----

My mom continues to recover and is still in a great deal of pain. But she's a lot stronger and able to move around a bit more so that's good. She's a tough cookie and has a high tolerance for pain so to see her in such agony is hard b/c it means she is really, really hurting. I can't wait for her to heal! We're still waiting for the biopsy results. Anxious Anxious Anxious

Thanks again for your kind words and thoughts, everyone! Smile

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |