Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
H2 Hair Colour - Australian Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this stuff? I recently bought this from an Australian online health food/vitamin store. I’d never heard of it before. Seems to be just an Australian thing?
http://www.h2colour.com/index.php

I dye my hair constantly and it’s in lousy condition..yes, the two may not be unrelated Laughing , so I’m always looking for that product (that exists only in my mind) that will colour without damage.

Product is in powder form. Comes in two separate plastic bottles, the kind normally used for liquid home dyes, and you just add water up to a line on the bottle. Initially I thought it must be henna if it’s a powder, but I can’t see anything in the ingredients list that resembles henna?

1,5-Napathalenediol
2,6-Diaminopyridine,
2-Amino
6-Chloro-4-Nitrophenol
2-Chloro-p-Phenylenediamine Sulfate
2-Nitrate-p-Phenylenediamine Sulfate
4-Amino-2-Hydroxytoluene
Ext.D & C Violet
2, HC Yellow
4-m-Aminophenol Sulfate
N,N-Bis (Hydroxyethyl)-p-Phenylenediamine Sulfate
p-Aminophenol Sulfate
Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate
p-Phenylenediamine Sulfate
Sodium Perborate
Sodium Silicate
Sodium Sulfate
Silica
Xanthan Gum

I know little about chemicals in hair dyes so ... does anyone know from this list of ingredients whether it’s likely to be gentler to hair than regular permanent dyes, where you mix the peroxide into the colour? Of course the manufacturer makes all sorts of claims about how “gentle” and “natural” it is, but then they would, wouldn’t they? Laughing

I’ve used it twice now (using one half only as my hair is shortish) and it seems to give pretty good coverage of grey - not blanket, but looks acceptable to me. The main other difference from other permanent colours is you need to leave it on for 40 mins rather than the usual 20 to 25. Also, I used the deepest brown and the result was way darker than I expected, almost like a blue/black. If you check out the “colour chart” on their website, you’ll see why it’s easy to make a mistake choosing a colour Laughing

Any opinions appreciated! And, if this is in the wrong forum, please move. I never know where hair topics belong.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi appletini. Im in Aus but this is the first ive heard of it! Looks interesting but i wish they had some lighter brown shades.

Have you tried Atlantis Watercolours? They're ammonia/peroxide free and are meant to be good. You can put it in damp hair to make it semi or dry hair for permanent colour. I haent tried it but was thinking of trying it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Carol - thanks for the info on Atlantis Watercolours which I’d also not heard of. I had a quick look and it seems a similar product, although couldn’t find an ingredients list, so can’t be sure. I just might give that a try later. Strange how these seem to be only available in Australia, that I can see. You’d think it would be available internationally if it was such a wonderful new concept?

Anyway, sceptical or not, I bought a couple more boxes of the H2 Colour and will see how it goes over time. The colour seems to last more or less the same as more conventional hair colours, but I’m still not 100% convinced it’s any gentler on the hair. Confused
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |