Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
aspirin and witch hazel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think Aspirin and Witch hazel makes a nice toner??
Shylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've never tried that. Where did you here about it? Someone mentioned an aspirin mask on another thread.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Jira, what skintype do you have? I tried the aspirin mask thing and have since gone off using aspirin in skincare. Aspirin contains acetylsalicylic acid, a form of salicylic acid but not quite the same thing. I'm thinking if the witch hazel you use contains alcohol combined with aspirin may be too harsh, which can in turn lead to further breakouts.

Have you considered using witch hazel without alcohol? Thayer's is one brand I use, comes in either rose, lavendar or aloe and can be located in most health food stores in the U.S.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Shylass wrote:
I've never tried that. Where did you here about it? Someone mentioned an aspirin mask on another thread.

I heard this from the web but I don't remember what the website was. Someone mentioned that Aspirin and Witch hazel are very good toner. I'm just curious Embarassed
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Jira, what skintype do you have? I tried the aspirin mask thing and have since gone off using aspirin in skincare. Aspirin contains acetylsalicylic acid, a form of salicylic acid but not quite the same thing. I'm thinking if the witch hazel you use contains alcohol combined with aspirin may be too harsh, which can in turn lead to further breakouts.

Have you considered using witch hazel without alcohol? Thayer's is one brand I use, comes in either rose, lavendar or aloe and can be located in most health food stores in the U.S.

Hi athena123 ,
I have a dry skin type. I don't know about Aspirin and Witch hazel much. I was wondering if they are a good toner or not?

Normally Witch hazel contains alcohol?? If it does I don't think I will give them a try. Because alcohol will make my skin dry.

Thanks for your info. Very Happy
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Jira, most witch hazel does have alcohol in it, but Thayer's witch hazel is completely alcohol free; it would likely be more suitable for your dry skin, although I don't know what the PH level is. There's a thread re: Thayer's Witch Hazel in the Product Review section that can provide you with additional detail. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5960

HTH

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you athena123 Very Happy
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Jira,

I have tried that (aspirin + thayer's witch hazel) as a toner for combo/acne-prone skin. It wasn't that effective in the end. If you want to stick with these, I'd recommend using the witch hazel on is own and aspirin as a mask. if you're looking for a toner with BHA, there are a few companies that sell them such as Paula's choice and I feel pretty. I've tried the latter and it's pretty strong.

HTH

Cat
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |