Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Avocado oil getting rid of keratoses (brown spots)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
SusanM wrote:
cm5597 wrote:
Avocado oil is one of my top 3 favorite carrier oils/butters out of the almost 20 carrier oils and butters that I've tried.

I noticed a significant improvement in skin hydration, tone, and complexion, both immediately and progressively accumulating over a 8-week period.

I had put avocado oil on one side and shea butter on the other in order to control for other lifestyle factors, and the former had much more of an impact on my skin.

So I definitely love it, too Smile

Thank you for answering! Did you have seborrheic keratosis, too? I am trying it on my face, upper arms and also on the SK's. I have tried so many things for the SK's and I was hoping to hear if anyone else had success.

I didn't pay enough attention on the impact of avocado oil on my skin discolorations (freckles, moles, age spots, etc.), unfortunately. Regarding seborrheic keratosis, I only had one very small spot that was seborrheic keratosis, but I picked it off my back a few years ago (very painful!!), and it hasn't re-appeared, and that was before I ever tried avocado oil.

Hopefully, someone else can comment and let you know how it worked them for him/her Smile

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I will keep trying the avocado oil and will post my results.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Susan have you seen this thread? Heaps of info about SK and how to control them.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30365

I can tell you that I have personally tried the h2o2 treatment that mpstat talks about in the thread and it worked to rid me of my small ones.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Just recently discovered the wonders of avocado oil and was wondering if anyone could add anything to the discussion
nette
5% products discount

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've been missing from EDS for ages- so was surprised to see my OP on avocado oil back up. And I have something I need to add about the different brands: My first (and successful brand was Spectrum. Yep- the refined oil we all were trying to avoid. Had great results from it, but I was convinced the unrefined oil would be much better. Anyway, life is complicated, I had a million things to do, gave up and bought the Whole Foods brand, even though it is refined, thinking it would probably be more natural.

Except it didn't work. Doesn't have any noticeable effect on the SK's at all. So go figure. I will now try to get back on board with my skincare routine (which feel off during the "complicated times") and see if I can find unrefined AO. If not, I'll pick up another bottle of Spectrum, because that was the original product I used- and it worked.

Has anyone else noticed this sort of difference- or had better luck with unrefined oil?

nette
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I went and bought the Mountain Rose Herbs brand which was supposed to be the purest and unprocessed available on the market, but I really didn't see it help. In fact, I developed some flesh-like bumps on my forehead (I wasn't using it for keratoses, just wanted to find a simple moisturizer). I now just use it to moisturizer my hair and scalp along with a blend of coconut, jojoba and argan oil.
nette
5% products discount

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Okay- now I'm even more puzzled. Oasisjc, I just don't understand this. I wonder if this is a case where a refined oil actually helps it work better? Refined in this case seems to mean "gently filtered"... anyway, I'm done with experimenting. I'm saving my Whole Foods AO for hair and buying more of the Spectrum.

And please- I would love to hear from others regarding results, which oils worked, which didn't. Maybe it comes down to some work for some bodies, some don't.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Well I have a feeling that my skin just doesn't like avocado oil at all, not due to the fact that it was cold-pressed and unrefined.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
I went and bought the Mountain Rose Herbs brand which was supposed to be the purest and unprocessed available on the market, but I really didn't see it help. In fact, I developed some flesh-like bumps on my forehead (I wasn't using it for keratoses, just wanted to find a simple moisturizer). I now just use it to moisturizer my hair and scalp along with a blend of coconut, jojoba and argan oil.

There are a couple out there that are purer than the Mountain Rose Herbs one.

My favorite brand is probably Olivado. The advantage of the Olivado one over the Mountain Rose Herbs one is that it's cold-pressed and extra virgin. I haven't tried the MRH's one, though, because it's not cold-pressed, so I can't compare the two. HTH Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I also like Olivado. It's not as viscous as others and it seems to be more healing.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |