Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
question for alphaderma ce and/or vit c users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:43 am      Reply with quote
i've searched and read through several related topics but there's so much and so i hope you won't mind a newbie starting a new topic for help with some specific questions.

i've recently purchased my first bottle of vit c (skinmedica 15%) and the alphaderma anti-aging system (with the prep, adce and okusil).

my questions are:

nighttime: i'm quite loathe to cease my night-time use of retin-a and a kojic acid-based cream that keeps my melasma under control. is the alphaderma system something that needs to be used on its own, or can i incorporate these other two (just in certain areas) as well? and, if so, is there any particular recommended order? and should i still use moisturiser - or is that counter-productive?

daytime: i'm following advice that i've read here that sunscreen goes on after vit c, but what about moisturiser? should i or shouldn't i be using this with vit c?

thanks for any help/advice. i've spent over £150 since discovering this forum last month and want to make sure i'm getting the most out of these lovely new products! Smile
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Grace, since I don't use alphaderma at night I'll leave the nighttime routine to others who are sure to chime in; but I can help with the morning routine Very Happy

After cleansing/toner, apply vit. C serum and let it absorb for 5 minutes. Follow with skin prep and finally AlphadermaCE.
Then I apply pearl paste and finally the sunscreen. [I usually don't need additional moisturizer on my face, but if I do I'll apply it before the pearl paste; either way, sunscreen should be the last thing you use underneath your makeup.

HTH

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
my questions are:

nighttime: i'm quite loathe to cease my night-time use of retin-a and a kojic acid-based cream that keeps my melasma under control. is the alphaderma system something that needs to be used on its own, or can i incorporate these other two (just in certain areas) as well? and, if so, is there any particular recommended order? and should i still use moisturiser - or is that counter-productive?

For over two years I used the whole Janson Beckett system twice a day. CP's have been introduced into my routine. Now I only use ADCE once a day. For best results I think it is important to start out using the JB products twice daily. As far as Retin A and Kojic Acid used with JB products I don't have an answer. I suggest you call them, email or use their live chat on their website and directly ask them.

You can use a moisturizer over AlphaDermaCE if you skin requires it. I only need to do that during the coldest months of the years.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
That's weird, my question is part of the quote.
I'll try that again.

My question is - I've been applying Skin Prep, then Vit. C. Am I doing it the right way?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
That's weird, my question is part of the quote.
I'll try that again.

My question is - I've been applying Skin Prep, then Vit. C. Am I doing it the right way?

Debster...JB says: Skin Prep helps the absorption of other products and you should always use it first. From JB's recommendations you are doing it correctly.

Depending on the consistency of the C Serum you are using you need to decide for your self. I always layer according to the consistency of the product. If your C has a watery texture I, personally, would apply C first. I have done both and find either works well for me. Actually I use JB's C&C. This is the order I use my Janson Beckett products:

C&C (wait a few minutes), Prep, AlphaDerma. If you use the Prep first you are following the manufacturers instructions. I like to play around. Rolling Eyes

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie. Smile

I'll continue to use the Skin Prep before the Vit. C serum because that seems to work well for me. I just wanted to make sure I was applying products in the right order.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I have been using JB products for years (Love them BTW). You should apply the Mineral Prep first as it increases your skins ability to absorb the products. I also use Retin-A and always apply that last. I agree with the pp, that you should initially apply JB products twice a day (for about 6-8 months) then you can back down to a once a day maintenance program.

Deborah
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
thanks so much for the great feedback. i'm now armed with all the info i need, excited and ready for results! woo hoo!

thanks again. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |