Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Have you tried Biologique Recherche products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the products from Biologique Recherche. This is a brand I have not seen anywhere before and there is just something about it that really appeals to me. I think I am especially drawn towards the cleanser and toner with oxygen. Even if you have not tried it, take a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.beautyhabit.com/bio_facial.htmlk.

http://www.biologique-recherche.com/
lawladyda
5% products discount

Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
The Lotion P50 from this line is my HG!! It's a little-known brand...one of those "cult" favorites. I have been using the P50 since 1999 - it's the only product I've ever used that long. It's called a toner, but it really is more of a treatment product. It has lactic and usnic acids in it, so it really is a chemical exfoliant. It keeps my skin clear of breakouts and glowing. I will tell you that if and when you start using this product, you will probably break out, as it brings everything to the surface. Also, it completely numbs your skin, until your face adjusts. And, it smells terrible. But, a small price to pay for perfection. Take a look at makeupalley...there are some great reviews there.

As far as other products from the line, I have used the cleansing milk. I think it was called the "Lait U." I was not too impressed. Did not remove any makeup at all. I guess it would make an acceptable morning cleanser.

I have used their Creme Dermopurifiante. It used to be my HG when I had more acne-prone skin. It kept my skin clear and hydrated. I do not use this anymore, as I don't seem to need it.

I loved their creme VIP02 and their creme amnios. Both are $$$, but well worth it. They both have minimal fragrance, and are sort of a pearlized cream. Very nice.

I've also used the Mask VIPO2, and the Mask Vivant - both are nice enough, but did not repurchase.

Hope all this info helps. Really, the line's star product is the Lotion P50. PM me if you have anymore questions.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I have used the lotion P50 too, my results were, well...meh. I know a lot of people had great results but not only did it not control my breakouts it made my skin even more oily. I went through 2 bottles of it, at 50 bucks a pop it wasnt cheap! I was willing to continue using it to see if anything improved until I came across an article about Phenol (an ingredient in it), after reading about that bad boy I tossed the P50 and didnt look back.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both for the replies, I am so particular about ingredient safety in my products, I even prefer to avoid parabens when possible, so the phenol has put me off this range for good.
lawladyda
5% products discount

Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just FYI - only the P50 has phenol in it. The other products do not contain it.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am with Vonstella.

I had used the entire line with mediocre results before I even knew about phenol. I did not find it to be too effective, but did find it to be too expensive.

I tried many of their products and serums, and none had impressed me enough to keep on buying. I also had their facials (which are also very overpriced but lovely), since they are in NYC.

For acne I now use AHA/BHA combo with CP and essential oil product that I find very effective.

HTH,
Lucy.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
P50 now comes without phenol, for all 3 types.. some places even give you a choice!

I am thinking about ordering some... I've been using the Creme Dermopurifiante, and I find it fairly moisturizing and is preventing breakouts.. I think my skin needs more of a kick, though. I have a lot of clogged pores.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |