Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Packaging recycling = freebie products? Let's list 'em all!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, I recall reading somewhere that MAC would give you a free lipstick if you brought in empty MAC cosmetics packages. Anyone know if this is still the case, or if it's true for ANY packaging? I like stuff like this where you can cash in, but I'm never sure of the rules.

And hey, I was going to make this a MAC-specific thread, but I just got a Lush email saying that for the entire month of August, if you brought in four washed-out Lush containers, you would get a free bath bomb, bubble bar, or quarter pound of soap. (For Seattle folks, that was the Bellevue store only; not sure if that applies at Westlake too or other areas for that matter, but it's probably worth calling and asking about.)

So I'm sure there are more companies that do this - I know Aveda used to recycle their packaging, but I don't recall if they gave anything out. I thought it would be cool, though, if we could start a thread listing all the companies that give out some kind of bonus to reward people bringing in their old packaging. Does anyone have anything else to chime in?

Also, just out of curiosity, does anyone else obsessively save their packaging, for later use in DIY stuff? I tend to save ANYTHING that comes in a dark glass bottle, even flax/cod liver oil, so I can use it for my own oils later. And I save all empty EO bottles and such for concoctions. Some cosmetics packages I save, and some I get rid of - but when I go to Sephora I always beg for freebie containers, because those little plastic jars they use for samples are the BEST for small DIY concoctions. And I even have my closest friends saving me certain jars and bottles, and I've trained them as to which ones I'll like!

OK, here I am, hijacking my own thread, haha. Let's compile a list of all the companies that give you rewards if you turn in your packaging - extra incentive to recycle never hurt! Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
It's 6 empty MAC containers - as far as I know no restrictions - for 1 lipstick. I've used empty foundation, concealer, powder, lip balm, lipstick containers. I don't think the wipes would qualify for instance.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hello!

I havent use Alima's MMU but after reading so many things about it here, I went to check out their website a whole back and they have this jar return programme:
http://www.alimacosmetics.com/alima-mineral-cosmetics-jar-return.html

Even though I'm not that into DIY, I do save all my containers for future uses!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I save all my Neal's Yard jars for DIY, trouble is I have a whole cupboard full of them now Rolling Eyes Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
It's 6 empty MAC containers - as far as I know no restrictions - for 1 lipstick. I've used empty foundation, concealer, powder, lip balm, lipstick containers. I don't think the wipes would qualify for instance.

Hahaha, yeah, I learned this when I went the other day with my *one* concealer package. It seemed like a fishy ratio to me, so I wasn't surprised! Laughing

I did also take my four containers to Lush, but it turns out it's not ANY soap you can get, it's only their crappier soaps, haha. I don't really like most of their products, I've determined, but I went ahead and traded those four in for a Butterball bath bomb - it's one of their more natural products, i.e. no freaky dyes, and it has little nibs of cocoa butter that melt and make your skin soft (but your tub filthy).

I'm definitely still a container-saver, but I too have a giant box - I actually just threw away a bunch. I might start only saving ones that are either glass, or good for travel. Since plastics have certain chemicals that are lipophilic, meaning they are attracted to fat, I worry that putting my DIY lotions and other oil-rich stuff may cause the toxins to leech into the product. (I know some people might think this is bunk, but I have so many containers anyway that I can afford to be picky!)

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |