Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
best products for young, oily, blemish prone skin.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
blg83
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi dear friends. I am about to be through with my Germaine de cappucinni products I told you all about a while back. I am not a huge follower of them, although they didn't make me break out or anything, and so am ready to try something new and of course, exciting.

What do you all think of Dermologica's anti-bac fash wash and the daily microfoliant? I would aslo be interested in a new alpha hydroxy treatment as well and maybe even a body wash that is too good to pass up. I am not stuck on Dermalogica so please suggest anything and everything for oily, 20year old, breakout prone skin. Thank you all!
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I had oily, blemish-prone skin all though my teens and early 20s and I wish I had used Dermalogica earlier. It is a great line of products and you can mix and match with whatever you like. The boosters are also great for that added bit to your moisturiser.
Personally I'd recommend using Dermalogica, while it may be a little expensive, I think it's worth it.
for the last couple of years (I've just changed to a new product range, Dr. Hauschka) I've been using the Anti-bac face wash, the special cleansing gel and the essential cleansing cream, the mutli-active toner and the skin smoothing cream. I also found that combining the anti-bac wash with the medicated clearing gel worked well to stop pimples becoming too horrible. The microfoliant is a god-send, although I didn't use it every day as I didn't want to over-strip my skin. You also might like to think about the skin renewal booster to get rid of some of the pigmentation or blemishes you already have.
Okay, think that's it, let me know you have any other questions.

Kiwigirl.
blg83
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for your comments. Last night I went to get some samples of Dermaligica's anti bac face wash, the clay cleanser, and their lotion that is supposed to decrease oil (forget what it is called). I also use Dr. H's normalizing day oil which I really like, and an AHA cream which I am not sure about yet. Do you see any neccesary revisions or additions I should make? The dermologica lady told me that the microfoliant is all sold out and that she didn't knwow hen it would be coming back. I am really excited about it but must wait! Confused

I also heard some good stuff about Yonka's creme 15, have you?
Thanks again!
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
that sounds great, just try them to see if you like the products you've selected. i know you might want to, but be careful of stripping too much of your skin's natural moisture or of exfoliating too much (the microfoliant should be fine though), as you may find that you skin won't thank you for it in the future. i was a bit overzealous with the exfoliating in the past and my skin has taken a few years to really recover.
i would seriously think about the medicated clearing gel, great for those spots that you can see coming but don't want to appear! i still find it useful now for those pesky pimples that i think are related to hormones.
i have just moved on to using all of Dr H's products recently and have noticed a SERIOUS improvement in my skin's condition. now that i'm 29 my skin has changed a bit from my early 20's, although i am still quite susceptible to spots and resulting blemishes and i've found that the dr h stuff is fantastic.
i haven't heard about the yonka stuff, but i am so excited about my dr h products that i'm only reading about them at the moment!

good luck and keep me posted (i wish i'd had someone to give me advice when i was your age!)

Kiwigirl.
Mabsy

Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the anti-bac wash but I the Microfoliant. Everybody should have a bottle (well that's my personal opinion anyway Laughing ). I'd also second Kiwigirl's recommendation for the Medicated Clearing Gel and also mention the Oil Control Lotion as another Dermalogica option.

I have heard good things about the Yonka Creme 15 (Eve reviewed it recently) and also about the YonKa Juvenil (Chunlisa reviewed that last year sometime). I think this might be most recent post about the creme 15: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2094

Mabsy
blg83
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Thank you guys!!!!
I have been using my anti bac face wash samples the past two nights and I like it so far. I am waiting to get the microfoliant because supposedly its all sold out Mad

Kiwi-what Dr. H products do you use? I know Mabsy uses the cleansing cream and I am assuming that you do to becasue I have heard from everyone that it is amazing, but how do you use both the microfoliant and the dr. h's cleansing cream because aren't they both exfoliaters? What other Dr. H stuff do you use?

Oh, and mabsy, do you think the dr. h bronzing stuff is the best liquid bronzer on the market?
thanks again goys, you really don't know how much I appreciate your imput!

blg83
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
okay, here's my (current) beauty schedule:

am:
Dr H cleansing cream
Dr H facial toner
Dr H rejuvenating mask (under day cream, really helps with blemishes)
Dr H quince day cream

pm:
Dr H cleansing milk
Dr H facial toner
Decleor ylang ylang balm (some nights, also love the essential balm but trying this out for a change)
Dermalogica skin smoothing cream (sometimes, i have loads of it left and have to use it up somehow!)

extra care:
Dr H facial steam bath
Dr H clay mask
Derm medicated clearing gel
Derm skin renewal booster
Shiseido eye cream i'm trying to use up
Derm moisturising mask (can't remember exact name)
i'm sure there's other stuff but i can't remember right now - sleep deprivation is getting to me!

some mornings, when i feel like i need a bit of an extra scrubbing, i use dermalogica essential cleansing cream and then the microfoliant and follow it up with my dr h toner/moisturiser.

i really like the Dr H cleansing cream, but there are some days when i just feel like i need a bit more so that's when i use the microfoliant. maybe once a week at most for me now, as my skin has gone through some changes over the last couple of years so it's not quite as oily as it once was.

but yes, mabsy and i are the founders of the "love Dr H cleansing cream" club!!!
Mabsy

Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:05 am      Reply with quote
blg83,

I don't have much to compare the Bronzing Conc. to in terms of liquid bronzers (I ususally used powders). I love it though and it is better than Stila Pivotal Sun (liquidy sponge-pad type bronzer).

Mabsy
leelee350

Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have always had problem skin, I found some products that are very mild and not harsh at all

Go towww.Sachausa.com

Lisa Johnson

blg83 wrote:
Hi dear friends. I am about to be through with my Germaine de cappucinni products I told you all about a while back. I am not a huge follower of them, although they didn't make me break out or anything, and so am ready to try something new and of course, exciting.

What do you all think of Dermologica's anti-bac fash wash and the daily microfoliant? I would aslo be interested in a new alpha hydroxy treatment as well and maybe even a body wash that is too good to pass up. I am not stuck on Dermalogica so please suggest anything and everything for oily, 20year old, breakout prone skin. Thank you all!
[quote]
lllcoolcc

Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
There are several products that I know of that will be a good start for your oiliness. There's a great skin care system (cleanser & moisturizer) for oily skin called Formula 3. I have several clients who use this along with the Oil Mattifier, which will control any "shine" throughout the day. If you want to blot throughout the day instead, then check out the 100% Linen Beauty blotters. I can send you samples, just email me Wink To check out the specific products go towww.MaryKay.com/FaithE. EVERYTHING IS 100% guaranteed & ships in US.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |