Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The "No-No" Hair Removal Device

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
dwms1954

Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I did buy the No-No a few weeks ago as it was on sale for $175 at Sephora. It doesn't really work for the bikini line - which is the main reason I bought it. I tried it on my chin and got several burn marks. I'm a little nervous to try it on my legs because I wear skirts or capri's to work everyday and don't want burn marks on my legs. If I had to do over again, I don't know if I would buy the No-No.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:55 am      Reply with quote
bciw wrote:
makemeheal.com has some laser hair removal devices. have anyone tried those.

Yes, I've been using the Tria for 6 months with fabulous results. I'm about 80% hair free on most areas already 100% hairfree on my chin and upperlip.

When I say hair free on my chin and upper lip I mean the darker coarse hormal hairs we get as we age. The Tria will not remove he blonder peach fuzz I have on my face.

My bikini line and face so far are the most impressive area's of hair loss. That's because I've been using the Tria on those areas more often. Now I am concentrating more on my legs and underarms.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Is there any update on people who have been using the no!no! for some time?

Blacklace: also how is the home laser removal now? Is all the hair totally removed permanently now?
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I got it last Christmas at Sephora, and I tried it for almost 2 full months (religiously and according to directions). I only used it on one leg so I could compare the results and see if it truly worked. It did absolutely nothing for me, so I returned it just before the 60 day return policy was up at Sephora. They do list a ton of reviews on their site, and it's not too risky to try it because you can return it within 60 days. Oh, and it does smell a little, and gets pretty hot on your skin, but it's not too painful.
icyj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
if anyone is still interested i just checked Sephora and it seems this device has been reduced to $99
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
icyj: checked that out, yes. Wish they shipped to the UK :/
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:47 am      Reply with quote
icyj wrote:
if anyone is still interested i just checked Sephora and it seems this device has been reduced to $99

Its been marked down for months now. This makes me think that they must get alot of returns on this item.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi... I've been using the No!No! for over a year or more. Lately I stopped because it's time consuming with not great results. I paid full price for it too.

It has made my hair a bit less coarse and I do have some tiny bits where hair has not grown back but not enough to warrant wanting to carry on with it. Last time I needed Hot Blades, I had to get them off of Ebay since Sephora did not have them.

Sephora has the Silk'n SensEpil, waiting to see how the reviews go on it but it's expensive. If it works better than the No!No!, then maybe I will save up and save up some more.
emmastewart697

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 am      Reply with quote
There is quite a bit difference in a opinion but personally I love this product and it works well for me. Although every once in a while I do get it wrong and have to re do the area but other than that its awesome! There is a good review for it here: nonohairreview.org

Emma xxx
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I used the nono in the past. It does work but it's time-consuming. And it doesn't work on the bikini line which is why I bought it. I'm using the silk'n blue/white model now and it hardly takes any time at all.
Olivia23
5% products discount

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to put my two cents in. My local news station did a "deal or dud" review on this. Basically they pick one of the new as seen on tv products to try out and let people know if it really works or not.

They had two different ladies try it. One with light hair and the other with dark hair. I believe they tried it for 6 weeks, and they both said it did not work for them. I do remember them saying how bad it smelled and for one family it smelled so bad their little girl went outside to keep away from it.

Basically I wouldn't waste my money on it.
lruthe

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely hate shaving. I get razer burn like crazy up and down my legs. My husband gets really annoyed with me digging at my legs all night. Cant blame him one bit, but I'm the one dealing with this most unfortunate problem. Does anyone have any great products to advise? Not too sure of the No-No; I'm a little scared of the burning, because I do not want to get scared you know. Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Actually the smell didn't bother me that much, it was just so time consuming compared to the silkn. It did work on pale blond hair whereas the silkn won't work with lighter hair. If it was the only option out there then ok, but I can't recommend it now that we have trias, silkns, ect.

(there's some info in the Viss thread about a dye you can use with viss and silkn to help with lighter hair removal)
trynono

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the no no hair removal two months ago as I have been looking for a hair removal system for my face for years. I have lasered twice and still having problems. Doctors claim it is due to hormones & nothing I could be done but laser treatment - it is expensive and isn't really working for me. Last two months i came across the Trynono advertisement on the tv and I was thrilled to see it. I ordered one pink unit and I read reviews online worrying making a mistake buying no!no!.

Here are the keys to this item:
1. Charge over night
2. It takes TIME and PATIENCE! You will not see smooth skin the first few times you use the NO NO. I started on my forearms before using on my face to make sure I knew what I was doing. It took about 6 - 30 minutes sessions (total for both arms) to really get a "no hair" apparearance. But it did work!
3. For me, buffing with the crystalized buffer is a "no no". I have used one before and it breaks me out - so what I have found successful is to do a treatment and then wash with a mild soap, then moisturize. You can find what works for you.
4. I'm not sure about the lotion - I don't really care for the fragrance and found that my Baby Philosophy lotion works very well.
5. Have done two sessions on my face and am happy with the results so far. It took some practice to get around the chin and I did notice a slight "zap" and puff of smoke when it hit a thicker hair - positives in my opinion!
6. Clean the blade wire often - use the brush or blow it out with your breath.

I have not experienced any pain, burns, rashes, or problems with the wires. I have used the product for almost 2 weeks - about 6 sessions on arms, 2 on legs and face, blade still working fine.

IF the product continues to work well and IF I see that my hair is not growing back after continued use for a couple of months I will be the most vocal proponent of this device on the planet!

WOW - it's been 4 weeks, my arms appear hair free, my legs, well, I shaved 4 days ago after using my NONO for 2 weeks on them, they feel smooth - maybe a little peach fuzz, but nothing like it use to! I think after I complete 6 weeks, they will be smooth and fabulous. And customer service was awesome today! My NONO's little o'ring that runs the roller had come off (probably user error)and customer service said they would send a new one out right away and have the old one picked up at no cost to me! This thing is fantastic - won't be without it!!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
well, trynono.., are you someone hired by the nono company? It's your 1st and only post here and with your name being "trynono" you are urging others to use this useless device.. so i am just wondering....

I have used nono in past and its a total waste of time and $$$...
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone else tried this lately? I think there is a newer model. I keep seeing this on HSN. I've never seen so many mixed reviews. Some people hate it, others love it. I suppose it must be working for someone.

The TRIA is out of the question for me. It only runs on a rechargeable battery and I've read you have to constantly keep recharging it. It won't even hold a charge for a leg. I think that's ridiculous.

I had a number of laser treatments on my chest, stomach, and arms a few years ago. Some hair has came back, but it's less than it was. I was thinking of something like the NoNo to keep it up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have a recent model NoNo (less than a year old).

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

I used it diligently as per instructions for about 6 months and it really is useless - the hair is bured off close to, but not at the skin level so it isn't even smooth. And I did not notice any less regrowth.

Lest you think I have wire like resistant hair I add that I have minimal body hair to start with and what there is is quite fine.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just cant understand how nono can so blatantly lie in it's infomercials and get away with it too!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
I have a recent model NoNo (less than a year old).

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

I used it diligently as per instructions for about 6 months and it really is useless - the hair is bured off close to, but not at the skin level so it isn't even smooth. And I did not notice any less regrowth.

Lest you think I have wire like resistant hair I add that I have minimal body hair to start with and what there is is quite fine.

Hi Mismis- You may want to check out the Bellalite hair removal system by Silk'n. You can get it at Costco online. It is on sale right now for $299 and it comes with 3 cartridges (750 pulses each) so you can really use it for awhile to see if it is going to work for you. If not Costco is great about returns. It worked great for me but it does take time for the hair to completely go away. It doesn't work on dark skin or some naturally white and light hair.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Alas, too late for me! My hair is now just about completely white, so I guess I will just have to find the $ for electrolysis if I want it gone.

I am sure your recommendation has sent some folks to Costco - I love stores with a good return policy!

Thanks, Cookie.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I just realized the last post of mine is back from 2009, so here's an update.

I did buy the Silk'n SensEpil and love it, I am now nearly hair-free. I haven't even done a session in 10 months now and probably will do one soon just as a touch-up.

So yeah, say no to the "No-No" and buy something else.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:15 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I just realized the last post of mine is back from 2009, so here's an update.

I did buy the Silk'n SensEpil and love it, I am now nearly hair-free. I haven't even done a session in 10 months now and probably will do one soon just as a touch-up.

So yeah, say no to the "No-No" and buy something else.

Really? That's great! I had looked at Silk'n before but didn't think it would really deliver what it claimed. I've ruled out the Tria. The treatment area is waaay too small, and I read the charge only lasts about 20 or 30 minutes.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

Hi Mismis- You may want to check out the Bellalite hair removal system by Silk'n. You can get it at Costco online. It is on sale right now for $299 and it comes with 3 cartridges (750 pulses each) so you can really use it for awhile to see if it is going to work for you. If not Costco is great about returns. It worked great for me but it does take time for the hair to completely go away. It doesn't work on dark skin or some naturally white and light hair.

I couldn't resist this deal CookieD so I just ordered from costco.. hopefully my experience with silk'n would be much better than the tria!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
CookieD wrote:

I couldn't resist this deal CookieD so I just ordered from costco.. hopefully my experience with silk'n would be much better than the tria!

Hopefully it works for you Daler. Great thing about Costco is you can use it for months and if you don't get the results you want you can always return it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

Hopefully it works for you Daler. Great thing about Costco is you can use it for months and if you don't get the results you want you can always return it.

nice to know but hopping it never comes to that!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

True Cosmetics Balancing Weightless Moisturizer (50ml / 1.7oz) Orlane Eye AM Extremely Beautiful Duo (2 items) Skin Biology Protect & Restore Body Lotion (226.8 g / 8 oz)