Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
The "No-No" Hair Removal Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.my-no-no.com/html/technology.htm

Looks interesting, and I have just sent off an e-mail, hoping that we may sell the device when it becomes available.

Has anyone out there already tried it?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've been wanting to review the No-No since I was pretty sure that I was one of the first people to get one. But I was a little hesitant since it would be my first here on EDS, but here goes.

I bought the No-No in Taipei in May and have been diligently using it ever since. I think I paid about $150 USD for it, but I don't know if the price has gone up since then, or if it's just more expensive in the States. It came with two blades, one for long hair and one for stubble.

I bought it on a whim after spotting it at a mall. I'd never heard of it before, but I'm always eager to try new hair removal devices. (FYI - I'm Asian, but one of the few who actually have hair, other than on my head!). The salesgirl was friendly and quite informative. Apparently, she'd been using the No-No for a while and showed me the arm that she'd been experimenting on. It was pretty much hairless, but then I asked to see her other arm and there was hardly any hair there either! LOL!

So she asked if we wanted to try it. I was a little nervous and I had sunscreen on, so I had my husband try it. He said it felt fine but I could definitely smell a burning smell. I was still interested but I wanted to do a research on the internet before paying that much for something I'd never heard of before.

So I went home, did a little research, and after deciding that it didn't seem like a total scam, headed back to the store. This time though, I tried it on my own arm. The salesgirl held the machine for me so I wasn't in control and I actually ended up getting burnt. I naturally became a little skeptical after that since I had 3-4 horizontal burn marks on my arm. I used aloe vera gel and they scabbed over and healed pretty quickly. My husband thought I was crazy but I still wanted to buy the machine!

Sorry this is dragging on forever, but I don't want to leave out any info. Anyway, I bought the machine and one extra pack of blades for stubble. The salesgirl recommended that I shave a few days before using the No-No so that you can avoid buying the blade for long hair altogether. In Taipei, a 2-pack of blades sells for about $12 USD, so they're not cheap. I think the blades are supposed to last 2-4 weeks each, depending on use. But you can extend its life by switching between blades during each session. I'm currently switching between 4 blades right now, the oldest being the one I started with in May. Of course, it's not as effective as the newest one, but it does still work. So I start each session with the oldest blade and alternate.

So basically, I've been using it on my arms and legs since May. The difference in density is much more noticeable on my legs since the hair is coarser there. But I do feel like it's working.

BUT, there are definite issues with the machine that I hope are addressed:

1. Risk of burning: The worst burn I've received was when the salesgirl used the machine on me, but I've definitely burnt myself a few times since then. They've all healed quickly but still, it shouldn't really happen in the first place.

2. For those who aren't familiar with how the NO-No works, I won't go into the science of it, but basically, a hot wire singes the hair at the surface. There's supposed to some kind of chemical reaction that takes place at the root of the hair. You're not supposed to feel the heat and 99.9% of the time you don't, but you definitely smell the burning. Anyway, with the No-No I purchased in May, after a few weeks of using it, it started to malfunction. It's hard to describe, but here goes.

When you are actually using the machine, you're pressing it down on your skin and the wire housed by the blade makes contact with the hair. With the blade for long hair, all you feel is the No-No rolling over your skin. But with the one for stubble, you feel a sort of scraping as the "blade" goes over your skin. The "blade" actually is actually retracted as you're pushing it along your skin and returns to it's sitting position when you hold it up. Well, the malfunction that occurred was that when I lifted up the No-No, the blade would actually pop up higher than its resting position. And I could see the wire continue to heat up because it would turn red hot. And I would either have to jiggle it a little to make the blade return to its resting position or unplug the No-No from the wall socket. And if I wasn't careful, I would have gotten seriously burned if I put that red hot wire against my skin!

The thing is, even with that malfunction, the No-No still worked, I just had to be really careful when using it. But I exchanged it for another one when I returned to Taipei in June. BUT, unfortunately, the same problem has started with my new one. I'm still using it, but awaiting my next trip to exchange it. There is a one year warranty so I told my husband that I'm going to keep exchanging it (if the problem keeps popping up) until time runs out. From my experience, it's a design flaw so I hope it gets fixed soon. And the US is very strict about product safety, so hopefully the version that they will be selling at Sephora won't have the same issues.

But overall, I honestly do think it works but you have to really use it regularly, like 2-3 times per week. AND be careful when you're using it!

I think one of its claims is that it will reduce "hair density". And it does do that, or at least I feel like it's doing that. I have bald patches on my legs now that weren't there before. But it has NOT made the hair grow out any softer. So after using the No-No, my legs look fine, but if someone were to feel them, they would be able to feel some stubble still. But there is a buffing pad that comes with it, I'm just usually too lazy to use it.

Sheesh, sorry for the novel, and I know I included a lot of non-important info, but I was trying to be thorough! Feel free to ask any questions you may have!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |