Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Non- Surgical ways to obtain a double eyelid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DantesKing
5% products discount

Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi girls, I would like to know some non-surgical ways to get a double eyelid. Maybe some experiences and ways can be shared...
For one, I heard that if you use eyelid tapes long enough you will have a permanent fold.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I purchased a packet of lid tapes on ebay. When it arrived, all the print was in Japanese! Haven't used it yet, but I believe Asian eyes use it so it would be effective. It is just cosmetic though.
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I have double eye lids but I think singe eyelids can be pretty with the help of suitbale makeup (like low key smoky eyes). I wouldn't suggest using those tapes or glue - they can irritate your skin and make your skin sagging overtime.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
the constant pulling of the skin with tape will cause your lid to sag more. Surgery is actually not very painful and you heal quite quickly and it can bring a very dramatic result.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I never understood the whole double eyelid craze! I happen to have them naturally, whereas my sister does not, and I prefer her eyes actually. I find having the double eyelid makes putting on eyemakeup a bit awkward :S

I'm korean, so every summer a lot of girls I know go to korea and get the surgery done. From what I'm told, its as common and simple as going to the dentist Shock If you do opt for surgery, keep it 'natural' looking. I've known too many girls who get a bit too ambitious and they just end up looking surprised all the time, lol Rolling Eyes
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
plug-in-babe wrote:
I have double eye lids but I think singe eyelids can be pretty with the help of suitbale makeup.

Hey! I have single eyelids and I've never thought my eyes weren't pretty!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I never knew about this. I had to google it. IN my naive view, single eyelids look just as pretty as any other.
DantesKing
5% products discount

Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I shifted my eyelid creases by drawing new ones using a toothpick. Laughing But the only bad thing is that sometimes they dun stay very long or form a triple eyelid at times... Confused ....Its true that using tape would make it permanent after a while but I need skill in placing the tape is needed..

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the tape too but can't figure out how to use it. If you search this site, you'll find an older thread from last year where we talked about tapes, glues and a YouTube video showing how to use the glue.

Oddly enough ... I started using a firming eye cream and half of the time I have a double eyelid about 3/4 across my eye. Really weird since I'm in my 40's and never saw the double eyelid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
i did not know about this either and had to google it as well Embarassed
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have double eyelids, but I wish I had single like my mom. I think if I had single, I would have alot more fun playing with eye makeup. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
schang wrote:
plug-in-babe wrote:
I have double eye lids but I think singe eyelids can be pretty with the help of suitbale makeup.

Hey! I have single eyelids and I've never thought my eyes weren't pretty!

Good for you girl!
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Here is a photo of Korean singer "Rain": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rain_Korean_Singer.JPG

He has single eye lids. I am not fond of his music but I think he's really really cute.

I know from a TV program that his makeup artist uses neutral eye shadow on him before photo/video shooting, so that his eyes don't look tired. See, guys have their makeup tricks too. Wink

Yet I don't think single eye lids look good on everybody. If you think your eyes look droopy, tired, tending to give other people the unfriendly impression, or are even triple eye lidded, surgery is the best way to go. It's actually not that painful as you think. It's not expensive if you do it in Asia. But finding a reputable experienced doctor is important. There is a guy on YouTube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djk0MLkQkOQ) who has had his eyes and nose done. He looks much much better afterwards.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
The only non-surgical way to get double eyelids I know of is the tapes..but I've never heard that they can lead to permanent double eyelids.
And of course, as others have suggested clever makeup will make your eyes more "awake". There are plenty of Asian celebrities that have had eyelid surgery and as Hanna said its quite common.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
I remember reading about some sort of glue that's used to create a double lid...I can't remember the brand though. I know it was asian.

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
I remember reading about some sort of glue that's used to create a double lid...I can't remember the brand though. I know it was asian.

ok found it. It's called eye talk kit. Here's the link for the video demonstration:
http://www.koji-honpo.co.jp/makeup/movie/eye_talk_300.html

Also found these different brands of eyelid glue & the fiber/tape on ebay:
http://stores.ebay.com/BERRYBERRIO-Skin-Hair-Body-Fitness_Double-Eyelid-Glue-Stickers_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ1528146QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Curious if this stuff actually works

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
DantesKing
5% products discount

Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Not permanently I think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the fibres from Ebay - but none of the sellers would tell me how to apply them. (not even my seller).

I watched the video but it's still really difficult.

I also saw the glue video but I decided against it because I heard it's difficult to wear eye shadow over the glue.

Lastly, no one mentions what happens when you blink? I figure the glue looks more obvious because the fold doesn't go away when you blink.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
single eyelids can be a pain, especially if they are heavy and fold over the lashline - Asians are far more prone to getting blepharitis and developing chalazions because of the heavy lid.

I have heard of non surgical procedures which involve making several deep indentations across the lid which creates a fold then simply using another method like glue to hold the lid in shape. I believe that using a toothpick to create the crease does have long term results but also takes a loooong time and if not done consistently you can create wrinkled lids with multiple creases.

I have tried the small stickers which hold existing weak creases in place and the tape - both do not work to create a crease.

About five years ago I started to develop a second crease on one eyelid but it has taken up to now to extend 3/4 of the way across, I don't think it will ever reach across the whole eye unless I use more invasive methods.
DantesKing
5% products discount

Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
single eyelids can be a pain, especially if they are heavy and fold over the lashline - Asians are far more prone to getting blepharitis and developing chalazions because of the heavy lid.

I have heard of non surgical procedures which involve making several deep indentations across the lid which creates a fold then simply using another method like glue to hold the lid in shape. I believe that using a toothpick to create the crease does have long term results but also takes a loooong time and if not done consistently you can create wrinkled lids with multiple creases.

I have tried the small stickers which hold existing weak creases in place and the tape - both do not work to create a crease.

About five years ago I started to develop a second crease on one eyelid but it has taken up to now to extend 3/4 of the way across, I don't think it will ever reach across the whole eye unless I use more invasive methods.

Most of it is true, but taping does work but it requires skill and has risk of creating droppiness of the eyelid if pulled too hard off.
I'm also hunting other ways to obtain one with minimum risk.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Try the BigEyes double eyelid cream, it worked well for me.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |