Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Does Anyone Use Paulas Choice Skincare?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Particularly for oily/problem skin. All opinions greatly received.
Thanks!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rachael

I've only used 3 things from PC- antioxidant, BHA lotion and the skin balancing cleanser. Whilst I do like the cleanser, gets rid of makeup without making my skin feel tight, I wouldnt by any of them again.

The BHA lotion broke my skin out and made my skin SUPER oily. But the antioxidant made my skin quite smooth but was too drying.

HTH

YY

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I had such high hopes from Paula's Choice products. I bought quite a bit, and was really excited about the BHA and AHA gels and liquids. After a number of months, I had to really look at my skin and assess whether PC was helping. It wasn't. I still occasionally use the AHA gel, but when I use the BHA liquid, my skin always breaks out. (I have combination skin, but usually quite dry.)

I suggest buying some samples (multiple ones so you can really try the products out and see if they agree with you).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I used the 2% BHA lotion and liquid. I find the liquid a little bit too oily for my skin. Lotion or gel probably works better for me.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Paula's products. The balancing cleanser and toner are both in my am/pm routine. They are perfect. Unscented, good ingredients,, clean without drying my skin out. I also like the moisturizing mask for instant relief and around my eye. The self tanner work great too. I just did not find the BHA that powerful...I still try to find something stronger. But in overall I think it is a good skincare line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Superb skin care line. I like all of her products especially the 2% BHA liquid spray and blemish fighting solution for the occasional breakouts I get. I've also used all the cleansers, toner, antioxidant serum which is silicone based and loaded with antioxidants. Her cosmetics are very good as well.
Jouke
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I have oily combination skin too. Sunscreens always make my face a lot oilier and/or break me out, but I realy want to use at least an SPF 15. So now I am very happy with PC's Essential Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 15. It disappears into your skin very fast and has never broken me out.
I ordered the Ultra-Light Weightless Finish SPF 30 Sunscreen Spray a few weeks ago for higher protection, but I don't like the feeling (like silicones) on my face. Won't use it for my face again, just on my neck and hands.

I dó like PC's One Step Face Cleaner for normal to dry skin (not irritating or drying!)very much and the Healthy Skin Refreshing Toner for normal to oily / combination skin.

I tried some of her BHA 2% products, but they didn't do anything for my breakouts.
PrettyPinky
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I love PC since the first time I used... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
I only used the sunscreen. It makes me more oily.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I have used other BHA products and found most either too gentle or just not effective or worst...odd texture so you can only use at night.

I had purchased PC 2% BHA liquid in August when she had a special of free shipping/no minimum. I got another sample of the antioxidant and can't comment on that. But the PC BHA is working for me.

Lots of raves for BHA on Makeupalley and I finally gave in and purchased. Lots of reviews for PC products in general on MUA.
alex88
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Most are so so products. Good ingredient list does not standard for all.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |