Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Silicone free hyaluronic acid serum? Recs anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
My skin can't take the 'cones' but I'd really like to try a HA serum.

Also if one that you want to recommend is a home-based one, could you just PM me?

Thanks, Michele

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
PSF here at EDs has a hyaluronic acid serum that is 100% HA & no silicones, I haven't personally used it but they make good products and it is very reasonably priced.

And Cellex-C's Hydra 5 HA serum has no silicones as well as Skinceuticals B5, I have used these, they are very good and $$.

My favorite is from hsn, M. Asam Intensive Hyaluron Serum, no silicones, HA, green tea, vit e, just love it. M. Asam has a show on hsn Sat. 8/11 if you want to check it out.

HTH! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
michelec,

I would highly recommend PSF HA Serum. For the price you can't beat it. Pure Skin Formulation's makes great products.

Description:
Hyaluronic acid is one of the most biologically complex and nourishing molecules for the skin. It is found naturally in young skin, and decreases subsequently with age. It is responsible for retaining moisture within the skin, contributes to plumpness, softness, and firmness of skin tone. This oil-free, gel-like moisturizer is capable of holding 1,000 times its molecular weight in water. When applied topically, it forms a micro-viscous film that is gas permeable to allow for tissue respiration. It locks water into the skin, to prevent it from evaporation. Hyaluronic acid is also critical for proper cellular function & can drastically reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles on the skin. Our Hyaluronic Acid Serum is made from the highest quality pharmaceutical grade sodium hyaluronate. It is not the typical 1% solution so widely available from other cosmetic websites on the Internet. We purchase the bio-engineered sodium hyaluronate in pure powder form & we make our own fresh solution in our lab. The sodium hyaluronate that we use is not derived from animal sources, but from the biofermentation of organic plant matter.

100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Solution

Oil-free hydration

Protects & moisturizes

Allows for the tissue breathing process

Capable of holding 1,000 times its weight in water

Useage:
After cleansing, toning, and treatments, apply a few drops to fingers & smooth over entire face & neck. Can be used on under-eye area & eyelids.

Ingredients:
Hyaluronic Acid Solution (Distilled Water, Sodium Hyaluronate)

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys, the PSF one does sound like it has what I'm looking for and I've heard such good things about the line. I've never tried them before but I think this might be a good place to start.

Also, I'm planning to use the HA to buffer Retin A cream as I get started with it. And to increase it's spread-ability. The stuff is crazy hard to spread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using Cellex-C Hydra 5 B-Complex which I really like but it isn't cheap. I have also used the PSF HA serum and actually liked it almost as well as the Cellex-C. I agree with the others that you should definitely try the PSF HA. I know I will be reordering this.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
OK it's done!! Ordered. I had forgotten about EDS carrying PSF. That's so easy. And I had forgotten about the discount so that was a little bonus when I checked out.

It kind of feels good to order things again after doing DIY for a while. I'd forgotten about that retail therapy feeling. Aaahhh, a treat coming my way in the mail.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using PSF HA for over 2 months now and I absolutely love it! It is a wonderful product without silicone.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
So is a moisturizer still needed to use with the PSF HA serum? I may just have to try it!
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I suggest you with PSF HA serum,too. I’m the one who allergic to silicone but this serum is not get me any problem.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
So I got the PSF in the mail from EDS, so fast that I was amazed.

I don't need a moisturizer after this because my skin is oily lately. I am the queen of clogged pores and this is fine. I really do think it is the lack of cones that makes the difference.

So I'm very happy with it so far. I'm now going back to the SS hunt. That's like looking for Bigfoot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
So is a moisturizer still needed to use with the PSF HA serum? I may just have to try it!

I thought you need to apply a moisturizer on top of HA serum, because HA draws moisture from outside. So if you live in a dry environment and you don't apply any moisturizer on top of it, then HA cannot works its best to hold any moisture.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, now I'm not sure. I think it can draw from both inside and outside. That's why it's good to spritz before. So it doesn't actually draw moisture out of the skin.

Maybe someone knows more about this who could help us out.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |