Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ladies who pick at their acne: You need Dr. Mist!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm so grateful to the lovely Havana8 for introducing me to Dr. Mist. It's a lovely multi-purpose spray that is basically a suspension of salt and minerals in water. It seems it was mainly created to be used as a natural deodorant, but it's supposed to be good for acne, cuts, etc as well. Anyways, last night I was a bad girl and I picked at a blemish on my face so much that I was actually bleeding! Shock I didn't want to go to bed since I didn't want to bleed all over my pillow, so I didn't know what to do. Since this spray is supposed to be good for acne I went ahead and spritzed it on, and believe it or not, the bleeding stopped INSTANTLY! Not within a few minutes or even a few seconds, it stopped instantly. I went to bed and didn't get any blood on my pillow, and this morning, while I still have a slight red mark, I don't have a nasty scab which is really nice. Needless to say, I will be re-purchasing!

You can find Dr. Mist here:
www.drmist.ca

As far as I know they ship internationally (I had no problem getting it shipped to the US), and it's only $9.99 a bottle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Shame shame for picking, but you get props for sharing the Dr. Mist product. I need to order this!! THANKS!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Oooh...it's Canadian and it's available at quite a few retailers. Pretty affordable too. I just added it to my wish list.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Liz!

I'm a serial picker too Shock But I am trying to stop b/c it just makes it worse, esp at my age since my skin doesn't heal quickly anymore Confused

Does this help to fade any of the marks left after a pick fest?

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks manslayerliz for sharing this product. I'm looking for a spritz to set my MMU. I usually use evian b/c I like how the mist dispenses. I'd like to find a mist with more bene's to my skin. I was considering trying Mary's Pearl Mist, but if dr.mist could help further eradicate the fight against acne I may give it a go!

Are you planning on using the spray as a regular part of your skin care regime, or just when you have been picking?

I tried to do a search for a review by havana8, would anyone happen to have the link?

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
This sounds like an excellent product...its £6.99 plus p+p (which doesnt say how much, but its free for orders over £50), seems to be more expensive here in the UK .

Does anyone actually have the full ingredients of the mist...?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I learned about this product from Havana8 as well (thanks!!!). I ordered one bottle and will probably reorder soon. It really is a multi-use item! I've used it on a boo-boo to good effect.

Dr. Mist comes in a 1.69 fl oz (50 ml) pump spray. It is fragrance-free, stain-free, colorless, aluminum-free, and non-oily. It does not contain alcohol. It feels like water but slightly denser.

Ingredients listed on the bottle: Treated water, potassium sulphate, sodium chloride

I've seen the ingredients listed elsewhere as: chloride, magnesium, sodium, calcium, water content

It originates from Canada: www.drmist.ca

But they now have a U.S. website as well: www.drmist.us

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks lunarmm!

Do you also use it for your acne?
Because it can stop bleeding but can leave a red mark, I was wondering how it does on old acne marks?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Fortunately, I don't have much issues with acne -- infrequently a few hormonal pimples pop up but nothing major (I'm 41yo).

I've used the Dr. Mist as a deodorant and to help speed up healing of boo-boos.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:

Ingredients listed on the bottle: Treated water, potassium sulphate, sodium chloride

mmm sounds like alum to me!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alum
longtime used by men in the form of "alum sticks" or "styptic pencils" to stop bleeding caused by shaving nicks... Also sometimes the base of those "crystal" deoderants.
i suppose combining it with sea salt in a suspension is a novel idea, though!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have a spray 'Crystal' deodorant and it's ingredients are Purified water, Natural Mineral salts and Potassium Alum. Way better than the regular deodorants. If I can find Dr. Mist I'll give it a try.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Not for nothing the manslayer is my favorite EDS poster ever.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like a product that EDS should carry as I am sure it would be popular because it has such a range of uses.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:25 am      Reply with quote
well after reading Liz's glowing report I just had to give this a try (ok serial picker in da house!) anyhoo i wasn't sure whether it's available here in Malaysia but I happened to pass by a pharmacy earlier today and lo and behold they do sell'em! and cheap! plus they've gone and multiplied into 2 scented varieties as well, i kid you not! yes one is lavender mist and the other is, arggh it's slipped my mind but something like ocean mist?

it is a testament of liz's prowess as a fountain of skincare knowldege that I went ahead and bought 2 bottles knowing it won't disappoint Laughing i bought the regular as well as lavender mist. and then when I got home of course i had to open both bottles (in the name of research of course). i just spritzed both lightly on my face. it's quite refreshing. the lavender one is quite nice, it's quite subtle, the only addition to the ingredients list is fragrance. essential oils would have been nicer i think.ah well..

now don't hate on me y'all but it's cheap here plus i think there's a sale on at the pharmacy i went to. I got the 75ml regular one for about USD2.85 and the lavender mist (same size) for USD2.10. i'll try it as a deodorant tomorrow and if it works, i'll clean them out!! Laughing

p/s it says it can used to deodorize feet as well, which is great, i have kids and once on holiday my 3-year old's sneakers smelt so bad i had to throw them out and buy new ones. so i'll be using this on our hols from now on and save money yay!!
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:06 am      Reply with quote
oh ok so i've discovered that dr mist is made right here in malaysia! right on!! Laughing that explains the price! glad i can buy something cheaper for a change...my bank account is getting anorexic!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:31 am      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
oh ok so i've discovered that dr mist is made right here in malaysia! right on!! Laughing that explains the price! glad i can buy something cheaper for a change...my bank account is getting anorexic!

I thought Dr Mist was a Canadian brand???

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:02 am      Reply with quote
hi yeahyeah

well i checked out the website drmistdotcom and the address there is right here in malaysia....hmmm..or perhaps i'm wrong?
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi cahoot

My bad, the drmist.com site does say Malaysia Embarassed but I went to the drmist.ca website. Lucky you to only purchase the spray for less than 3USD! I would stock up if the price was that low here (Its about 13USD plus shipping!)

YY

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
Not for nothing the manslayer is my favorite EDS poster ever.

I aim to please, M'dear! Wink

cahoot--- You are so lucky to be able to get this stuff so cheaply AND get the cool scented kinds. I would love to try those--- I hope they release them in North America!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
great!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to thank Havana8 ( ) for introducing so many people, including Liz, to Dr. Mist! Without Havana8, none of us would know of such a wonderful product. Thanks again, Havana8!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to thank Havana8 ( ) for introducing so many people, including Liz, to Dr. Mist! Without Havana8, none of us would know of such a wonderful product. Thanks again, Havana8!

-------------------------------------------

WOW - It looks as if a 'technical' powers above feel that Havana8 deserves a DOUBLE thanks, too!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah I think Havana8 was also the one who turned me on to the Heliocare pills. Such a huge relief to know I've got that extra protection when I'm out in the sun cycling for hours.

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I can't find havana8's posts on Dr. Mist! Anyone know where they are?

(thank you havana8 for your shared tips!)
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
This has been a miracle find for me as well. The three bottles I ordered have all gone, the bf can use it as a very effective deoderant, and his mother also prefers natural alternatives for deo.

I use it all over the body as a toner, and on my face as a clarifying toner - it works great and leaves me with really clear skin the day after.

For those looking for Havana8's review, it is NOT on EDS as it was posted on another forum.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |