Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

shampoo to stop hair loss
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
my hair is permed and long, I guess I got oily scalp coz my hairline is always oily. I actually have lots of hair but there are some spots almost bald, can someone recommend shampoos that can really work?
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
How about the organic products, e.g. JMO and Aveda? I am using Aveda, it is great. My hair is healthier.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy: Quite a few people seem to like and get good results with folligen hair products from skin biology. The website for their hair products is: http://www.folligen.com

They offer a folligen therapy shampoo and conditioner that is suppose to be high quality yet gentle. It supplies the scalp and hair with protective peptides, amino acids plus copper peptides. They also carry some hair regrowth products like Emu oil lipid replenisher and Minoxidil lotion to help promote regrowth.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
gracedhy: Quite a few people seem to like and get good results with folligen hair products from skin biology. The website for their hair products is: http://www.folligen.com

They offer a folligen therapy shampoo and conditioner that is suppose to be high quality yet gentle. It supplies the scalp and hair with protective peptides, amino acids plus copper peptides. They also carry some hair regrowth products like Emu oil lipid replenisher and Minoxidil lotion to help promote regrowth.

perfect! I found their canadian website so that I dont have to pay for custom duties!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have waist-length hair that is permed (super fine) and highlighted.

Folligen, Nioxin and all the others didn't work for me.

I *do* notice less hair falling out in the shower when I use Kerastase's Bain Prevention. Others have said the product doesn't contain anything special - but I do notice less hair falling out when I use it.

I've also used Aminexil and Forcintense - the leave-ins.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
my hair is permed and long, I guess I got oily scalp coz my hairline is always oily. I actually have lots of hair but there are some spots almost bald, can someone recommend shampoos that can really work?

I would suggest you see your doctor right away to find out the causes of your sudden hair loss. My co-worker is going through some hair loss and she finally got her doctor to figure out what actually caused this. It was the side-effects from the medicine she was taking earlier this year. The doctor told her to shampoo, color and style as usual, as nothing would cause her lose less or more, the hair has to go through the cycle on its own regardless what you use.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
gracedhy wrote:

I would suggest you see your doctor right away to find out the causes of your sudden hair loss. My co-worker is going through some hair loss and she finally got her doctor to figure out what actually caused this. It was the side-effects from the medicine she was taking earlier this year. The doctor told her to shampoo, color and style as usual, as nothing would cause her lose less or more, the hair has to go through the cycle on its own regardless what you use.

it's not a sudden loss, I noticed the hair on top of my head is getting thinner and thinner, otherwise I still have lots of thick hair. I worried that is becuase I inherited my dad's bald head. Rolling Eyes
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
kwchan1007 wrote:
How about the organic products, e.g. JMO and Aveda? I am using Aveda, it is great. My hair is healthier.

I have used Aveda before, it made my hair healthier and shinning, but it didnt help with the hair loss. Sad
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I have waist-length hair that is permed (super fine) and highlighted.

Folligen, Nioxin and all the others didn't work for me.

I *do* notice less hair falling out in the shower when I use Kerastase's Bain Prevention. Others have said the product doesn't contain anything special - but I do notice less hair falling out when I use it.

I've also used Aminexil and Forcintense - the leave-ins.

aha, some products worked for some people but not for the others, that's why when I read reviews I dont know what to choose and what to try.
I do hear some good feedback for Kerastase but I have already ordered Folligen.
from the Folligen website I saw that longer hair is healthier, which surprised me. I was going to cut my hair short no I have to change my mind.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Gracedhy, please keep us posted on your progress on Folligen. I wanted to get my hubby try it but he just couldn't get over with Dr. Pickart's picture on its website.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Grace, my sister uses Triaxon. You can get it from the shopping channel. It's the only product that TSC offers a 6 month return policy.

My sister used to get teased by one of her male friends. He used to poke at her balding spots, which is totally mean. Anyways...to make a long story short, one day he just stopped and notice that she had more hair. He was like "Woh! What have you been using? Rogaine for women?"

You may want to look into that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Gracedhy, please keep us posted on your progress on Folligen. I wanted to get my hubby try it but he just couldn't get over with Dr. Pickart's picture on its website.

haha your hubby is funny, I will definitely keep you posted.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
Grace, my sister uses Triaxon. You can get it from the shopping channel. It's the only product that TSC offers a 6 month return policy.

My sister used to get teased by one of her male friends. He used to poke at her balding spots, which is totally mean. Anyways...to make a long story short, one day he just stopped and notice that she had more hair. He was like "Woh! What have you been using? Rogaine for women?"

You may want to look into that.

Yen, you know lots of goodies from the shopping channel!
I will keep an eye on this product,if folligen doesnt work for me, will try this one out!
Bad Grin
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I've tried Nioxin but to no avail. CK's homemade hair concoction helped a lot - you can read my review in the DIY section.
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:59 am      Reply with quote
I used folligen spray for awhile. I didn't notice any improvement to thinning hair but it really made the color much darker when I colored my hair. Not exactly what I had hoped for!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Oakview wrote:
I used folligen spray for awhile. I didn't notice any improvement to thinning hair but it really made the color much darker when I colored my hair. Not exactly what I had hoped for!

Crying or Very sad too late, my folligen is already on the way...
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I've tried Nioxin but to no avail. CK's homemade hair concoction helped a lot - you can read my review in the DIY section.

I hate DIYs, but I will have a look if that really worths a try! thanks!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
And, vitamins too. GNC Hair, skin and nails - highly recommend it.
mephex

Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Here are some factors to take into consideration for common hairloss:

1. Seasonality. You'll lose the most hair in the fall -- typically November and December when hair reaches maturity in its growth cycle.

2. Diet. Hair loss can occur through poor dieting, tight ponytails, even with age.

3. Pregnancy Some women experience hair loss with pregnancy or as part of post-pregnancy hormonal changes. Other women experience hair loss when going on or off (usually off) the birth control pill.

4. Illness Sometimes it happens as a result of illness. Even stress, excessive weight loss, iron deficiency & thyroid problems can cause hair loss.

If you're really worried, ask your doctor. I hope that this helps~
neroliwater
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:

I was looking at the same picture and could not convince myself to continue reading all the descriptions...... Rolling Eyes
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I was listening to a morning talk show program yesterday on CKLW and a Doctor was discussing the most common reasons for hair loss in women. She stated it is usually linked to one of these four reasons:

1. Genetics
2. Low Iron
3. Low thyroid
4. High or Low testosterone

2, 3 & 4 can be determined by simple blood tests at your doctors office.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
neroliwater wrote:
iaimei wrote:

I was looking at the same picture and could not convince myself to continue reading all the descriptions...... Rolling Eyes

i feel the same! How can he convince people to use his products when he himself doesnt even have much hair??! hahaha....

has anyone tried products with KGF in it? suppose to work...
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
They said oil massage and yoga can stop hair loss. Both of them help to improve blood circulation which is especially good for the hair follicles. This is very interesting that I've never knew it before.
guide

Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
This is for the person with the hair loss problem,
happening to me as well now, I am thinking hormonal, I am going to have a saliva test done for my hormones.
As I was looking into this, I was told the thyroid is a big contributor to hair loss.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
If you are prepared to go totally natural with your hair products, try Morocco Method.

The shampoos are basically like MUD! Laughing

But they work, to prevent further hair loss and allow new growth. I agree with other members though that you have to also work from the inside out with hair loss and check for any other health issues that can be causing it.

Only proviso with Morocco Method is that if your hair is blonde, it can dull it down a bit.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |