Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Where else can I use CP's?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I have been using CP's on my face and neck for several months. I started with GHK, now I am using the Super CP Serum, but am still in the stage of diluting it, working up to using it full strength. I was wondering where else it can be used. Knees? Feet? Nipples? Can it be used full strength in other areas besides the face, without getting the "uglies?" My knees are sooooo ugly, I can't imagine getting UGLIES over UGLY! Confused What improvements (if any) could be the expected results?
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:37 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl what results have you seen with using CPs?

I have been use the mild strength for a few months and have seen no difference, I was thinking of using it on my hands!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Mishie...honestly, I don't know if I've seen any results yet. My skin looks good, but that may be from 20 years of Retin A, and more recently, the Vit C Serums I've been using. I get the impression that the results you get from using CP's, are more visible once you are using them full strength....and of course there is a long, slow build up until you reach that point. I would love to hear from the seasoned CP users to know what changes they have seen in their skin!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I have both Super CP's and CP Serum. I use Super CP Serum on my face, neck and declotee once a day. To use up my CP Serum I rub it in my hands every night. It has taken about 5 months of continued use to see results from CP's. In another thread I mentioned all my skin tags are gone off my neck. My facial skin is starting to feel thicker. I am most thrilled with my declotee area. The declotee was neglected for a long time. It is so much smoother since I started using CP's.

When I first started using CP Serum (full strength) I did get the UGLIES for a couple of weeks. Rather then diluting it I started skipping a day in between.

If you have CP's to spare I would put in on your elbows, knees, feet and wherever. You would have to get advice from someone else regarding CP's on your breasts.

I LOVE Copper Peptides.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
zaney63
5% products discount

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi:
I've been using CP's for about 11 months now and it is the only skincare product I've found that really delivers what it promised. The Skin Biology forum has a lot of information regarding the use of copper peptides and supplements. It's not as much fun as this forum but I found it helpful.
HTH
MJS
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I have just ordered a small bottle of CP online. Never used it before. Ahemm.. what are the "uglies" please??
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
I have just ordered a small bottle of CP online. Never used it before. Ahemm.. what are the "uglies" please??

When you skin looks worse rather than better you have the UGLIES. Bad Grin Some people experience dryness or a slight loss of elasticity. In my case I noticed dehydration lines. What the uglies are telling you is that you are using too much CP's or too often. Start off very slowly. To be on the safe side use very little once a day (every other day). I am hoping you started off with CP Serum or the GHK CP's. If you skin is starting to show signs of the UGLIES stop using CP's for a few day. One good thing to remember is the UGLIES don't last. Chances are you will never experience this but good to be aware of.

You will get a lot of support here as so many members use Copper Peptides. Good luck. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Shock oh no! Hope that doesn't happen to me. I actually only heard of CPs here, so thought I would try it.
I have bought Cleanskin Care serum through a cosmetic doctor Phillipa McCaffery. I checked out her Sydney surgery online and the Cleanskin Care site first.
It comes in plain dark brown 15 ml bottle with dropper (cost $AUD40).
She advises 2/3 drops per day smoothed over the face. She says results are improved by first using something called a Novaderm face roller - but I didn't want to go that far. She mainly deals with burn and acne scars, but also age and sun damage (same thing really!)
I'm a bit nervous. I just want some creases where my dimples are, to go away! (plus a few other wrinkles
Wink .
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
Shock oh no! Hope that doesn't happen to me. I actually only heard of CPs here, so thought I would try it.
I have bought Cleanskin Care serum through a cosmetic doctor Phillipa McCaffery. I checked out her Sydney surgery online and the Cleanskin Care site first.
It comes in plain dark brown 15 ml bottle with dropper (cost $AUD40).
She advises 2/3 drops per day smoothed over the face. She says results are improved by first using something called a Novaderm face roller - but I didn't want to go that far. She mainly deals with burn and acne scars, but also age and sun damage (same thing really!)
I'm a bit nervous. I just want some creases where my dimples are, to go away! (plus a few other wrinkles
Wink .

Juliemarie you will be fine. Just be sure to go slow and be patient. CP's take time to show results. Please don't let the UGLIES scare you. Most likely you will not experience the U's. If you do, just cut back on frequency used. IMO CP's and Vit. C do wonders for the complexion.

rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

Please don't let the UGLIES scare you. Most likely you will not experience the U's.

My skin is not good at all (sensitive, acne prone, scar-prone, etc.) and I never experienced uglies with CPs. I had to make sure I was introducing CPs slowly, but it was worth it. No uglies what so ever!

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the encouragement Very Happy
Lily38
5% products discount

Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum. Would like to hear from cps users.

I have been on cps for about a little over 3 months. While my face has tolerated the cps pretty well my neck never did.

I got scared of sagging skin and stopped using them once I began seeing the signs of my neck looking worst instead of better.

Maybe the uglies? well my neck does not look or feel any bette even after I stopped them a month ago.

Do you think cps can make the neck look tighter and smoother?

I want to go back to using the cps on neck but am very afraid of making matters worst!

How can I tell if my skin texture is better? My skin around jaw feels thinner now. will it get firmer and tighter in time?

I have also been on retin a for years now along with vitamim c

any feed back would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh I am also getting the baby quasar! Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Lily,

What are you using now? CP Serum, Super CP Serum? You might want to consider GHK CP's. It seems as the most sensitive skin types can use GHK without any reaction.

I have the Baby Q. I just started using it faithfully again. After applying my CP Serum I use the BQ. The manufacturer recommends using the BQ on clean skin. I find that it works best for me after CP's.

As far as you neck looking worse after using CP's I think you were either using too strong a serum or using it too often. Some are more sensitive then others. Again, check into GHK CP's.

Lily38
5% products discount

Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie,

do you think I may have done damamge to my neck? How can I reverse this if possible?

As far as my face jaws area I pull my skin there and it feels so thin not firm like it used to.

I was using them with water after 3 months decided to use it without water.

I think the lac sal was too harsh on my skin.

So you use the bq after the cps? how long do you wait before you use the bq?

I want what everyone talks so much about tighter skin. Im in my late 30s.

thank you

thank you so much

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CP users! I was wondering if any of you have experienced any real firming effects around the jawline and tightening of the skin from using cp's? I've been using Renova off and on for 5 yrs now, and although I'm very happy with it (I barely have a wrinkle, just very faint 11's that I notice only at the end the day Confused ) I can tell that my jawline just isn't as firm as it used to be. I realize that this is inevitable as we get older, but if using something as simple and affordable as cp's can help slow it down a bit, I'd like to give it a go. Renova has been wonderful for preventing lines and improving skintone, and I plan to continue using it, but it doesn't seem to help with firmness. Does anything....really??? tia Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Lily38 wrote:
Thanks Winnie,

do you think I may have done damamge to my neck? How can I reverse this if possible?

As far as my face jaws area I pull my skin there and it feels so thin not firm like it used to.

I was using them with water after 3 months decided to use it without water.

I think the lac sal was too harsh on my skin.

So you use the bq after the cps? how long do you wait before you use the bq?

I want what everyone talks so much about tighter skin. Im in my late 30s.

thank you

thank you so much

Lilly,

Sounds like your skin needs a rest. Just let it be for about a week. In another thread you said you use Emu oil. Stick with Emu for a week. You can gradually go back to CPs. If diluting them worked stay with that. We all can tolerate CPs at different strengths.

I use my BQ as soon as my CP's absorb (around 2 minutes).

simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
what is CP?

oops sorry my bad!! read here what it is Embarassed
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

Lilly,

Hi Winnie,
I've heard others do the same thing - apply CPs (or other topicals) and then use BQ. Can you please tell me why do you do that?
I ask because I was told (more than once) by guys from AdvanThera not to apply anything that's not absolutely clear to my skin before a BQ treatment. They were not even supportive of me applying Exfol serum (which is completely clear) to my skin before BQ treatment. They claimed that anything with any pigment in it would completely prevent the penetration of light and would therefore defeat the purpose of using BQ.
Can you please help me figure this one out Confused ?
Thanks, R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I've recently noticed some hyperpigmentation under my eyes and after doing abit of reading I think CP's may be the way to go to get rid of it. I've noticed all the threads on CP's and in the past have dismissed them because I thought CP's were just for wrinkles. I know there have been tons of threads on this but I have a couple questions that I hope someone can answer to save me all the reading. Smile
Will CP's also fade freckles?
As a new CP user with sensitive skin, how should I start? With GHK?
What is the best site for Canadian's to buy from?
Is there anything in addition to CP's that I should be using. I have never used a retinol product and right now it's out of the question because I am breastfeeding. Oh and are CP's safe to use while breastfeeding?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Diana P....I think Vit C serums are supposed to help with hyperpigmentation. I've actually gotten more hyperpigmentation since using CP's and C Serums, but I am attributing that to my sunscreen failing me and the Pumpkin Peels I've done (which are not necessarily recommended to do in the summer when sun exposure is eminent because of the potential for hyperpigmentation.) When you say "under your eyes" I don't know if you are talking about dark cirles. That would not be helped by CP's or C Serums.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
.......As a new CP user with sensitive skin, how should I start? With GHK?
What is the best site for Canadian's to buy from?

re informing yourself re CPs, have found it most useful to browse the US site for all the info it has, but definitely order from the Cdn site.....next day shipping with freebies thrown in.

If just starting off and the price doesn't bother you & you want ease of use, start with the GHK. Lovely, mild, can be used around the eyes, and supposedly better at collagen building than the CP serum. PLUS, you'll avoid the uglies - a BIG bonus in itself & you won't have to fiddle around with diluting. Also, exfoliate at a different time of day when using the GHK. Apparently, acids applied at the same time counteract the GHK.

Patience is necessary when starting w CPs - real progress is seen when your skin can tolerate the stronger formulations. Hyperpigmentation probably won't be addressed until you're at the stronger formulae stage.

I've been using CPs for several months and pores much cleaner, smaller, oil balance better, skin brighter & firmer.
Daily exfoliation a must for me, along with AHA\BHA mask 2x wk along with the R&R with retinal. Have recently bought the cleansing bar & I it. SOOOO mild and yet thoroughtly cleans. And the EmuS oil is also fab.

You really have to be a bit experimental to find out what works for you & tho' this may take time, it's worth it. The whole thing with CPs is an adventure, with tweaking along the way as central to the process.

Good luck
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Winnie wrote:

Lilly,

Hi Winnie,
I've heard others do the same thing - apply CPs (or other topicals) and then use BQ. Can you please tell me why do you do that?
I ask because I was told (more than once) by guys from AdvanThera not to apply anything that's not absolutely clear to my skin before a BQ treatment. They were not even supportive of me applying Exfol serum (which is completely clear) to my skin before BQ treatment. They claimed that anything with any pigment in it would completely prevent the penetration of light and would therefore defeat the purpose of using BQ.
Can you please help me figure this one out Confused ?
Thanks, R. Smile

rubby,

Forgive me but I just saw this post today. Embarassed PM me if you ever have a question directed to me.

When I got my SP it came with a serum of HA, and CP's. Directions said to apply before using the SP or BQ and wait until it absorbed before treatment. From what I understand many Quasar users found the light therapy pushed the products in. I would not recommend anything but clear products.

AdvancThera will help customize your treatments according to skin type, age, conditions. I suggest you call them with any questions. I have a good friend that was getting no results using her BQ until AT gave her a custom treatment for her needs.

Some people probably should use the BQ or SP on bare, just cleansed skin. I do both. When my skin is on the oily side I use my SP on clean, product free skin (applying product of my choice after Tx). During dryer skin days I use CP's sometimes combined with Emu or HA.

Rubby, I think we all have to find how the BQ/SP will work best for us.

Jouke
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I use CP serum both on skin and neck. It has never been a problem for my skin, for some reason I have a very strong skin because I also use tretinoin (0,03%) and benzoyl peroxide every day (one in the morning, the other in the evening) and no irritation occurs.
However on my neck, I have never been tolerating the CP serum well. Even if I use it once a week, it really looks ugly, with red spots and lines. Even my husband notices it, and that says a lot because he never notices anything on me Wink
So now I am wondering if I should stop definitely with the CP on my neck. Maybe try GHK?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
However on my neck, I have never been tolerating the CP serum well. Even if I use it once a week, it really looks ugly, with red spots and lines. Even my husband notices it, and that says a lot because he never notices anything on me
So now I am wondering if I should stop definitely with the CP on my neck. Maybe try GHK?

People who can't tolerate CP's find the GHK very gentle (no uglies Laughing). I have not tried it myself but have several CP users I keep in touch with who swear by the GHK.

catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I use 6 drops of undilute supercp serum a night on my face. I've never used cp's around my eyes, do you think GHK would be of benefit around the eyes, Winnie?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |