Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
OCM - I think I finally get it!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I have been dabbling with OCM on and off for a while now, ever since discovering tips about it on EDS. However, I tend to be both skeptical about big-deal blackhead-busting claims, as well as lazy about time- and labor-intensive beauty practices. Any given step shouldn't take more than five minutes, TOPS! (That's why it took me forever to break down and buy a hair straightener.)

But I think I finally get it. Recently, I was doing OCM for a longer time than usual, after having been in a hot shower with steam loosening my plugs for a long time, and I finally actually felt dried sebum plugs coming out of my pores. That was an absolute first! So I think I get it now - you really have to do it for a LONG time, and it helps if you do it at the END of a long, hot shower. Not sure if this will make me actually be diligent about it, and try to get more extensive results, but honestly anything that helps with blackheads is really welcome because that's a problem I've never found a solution for (even if I extract they always fill back up). It was so gratifying to actually feel it work!

Thanks to everyone for all the awesome information about OCM - all the tips and tricks here were really helpful. My mixture right now is castor oil and macadamia nut, with lavender EO for fragrance and antiseptic purposes. The macadamia is SO highly fragranced, I may need to add more EOs just to mask it! (It's not a bad smell, but very rich and foody, and very strong.) I'll repost if I have any more luck. Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. I am so glad you that you posted about this. I have not been able to get results.
But,now I get it Idea I havent been massaging long enough or opening pores first.
I like your tip about adding Lavender too.
Linda
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
TO be able to message for a longer time, does that mean you have to use more oil? How much oil is expected to use on the nose area alone then? I am always worried about using too much .. which may cause the opposite result - congestion.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
As long as you remove all the oil afterwards (either by rinsing off or using a separate cleanser as I know some folks do), I don't think you really need to worry about using too much oil. It's not like you're leaving it on there overnight. I start with a little bit and keep adding more as I go (I have a pre-mixed vial of oil that I use).

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I do't massage the oil all the time, it is enough that is is left on for a good while with massage when applying and at the end (and in between if you want). Just give the oil time to work on dissolving the plugs. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I massage the jojoba oil into my skin and neck for about 2-3 mins to get my makeup off and then following it with my regular cleanser. This seems to work great. Wink
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:50 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing this too, now, for at least a month. Yesterday I had a minor breakthrough, because I threw a new oil in the mix: Centella ASiatica!
I used:
Castor,
Sunflower infused with Centella Asiatica
Hazelnut
and EOS of rosewood, palmarosa, and geranium.

Whereas before I would massage some dead skin off and it felt great, this time, seriously, it felt like the few whiteheads I had melted off my face! Today my skin looks excellent.

I might add that I also added a helichrysum hydrosol to my mix.

I love it!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I do the OCM,whit jojobaoil,.....because my skin is combi whit large porien and blackhaeds.
(and i am 49 Cool i don,t understand why or how everebody nows what oils tho mix with,and how to now that it wil by better,........hm or it,s just the way its smels or feels.

Because i have try vitamine E,whit it/and olive oil,the only thing that i feel was thats sticky/and the smel was differend ,but no benefits at al.

so i do jojoba.and hot water.

Diana
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
diaan46 wrote:
...so i do jojoba and hot water. Diana

Same here Diana Wink and Vitamin E oil is thick and sticky.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I always use vit e instead of lip gross. it's good.
jccl
5% products discount

Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:26 am      Reply with quote
hi, i have just started the ocm and it has really improved my skin, especially in smoothing out the bumps on my cheeks! Am using 50% sunflower oil and 50% castor oil.

just a quick question if anyone can help: i bought a bottle of almond oil when i got my castor oil. both oils are from Bell's. i wonder if i can use almond oil on my skin? see, i was doing some research on how to use almond oil and found that there are two types - sweet and bitter, and I can only use the sweet variety. i have no idea which one the bell's almond oil is - it just says Almond Oil B.P.- and am not sure if it is safe to use on my face..can someone help?

TIA!
Jibh

Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hey...well i had some questions about this OCM...i use to have crazy acne all over my face...but now thats it pretty calm and clear...i have alotttttt of blackheads in the T-zone..so i want to try this OCM out and see if it really works...but i dont know which other oil to use with the castor oil..so if i could get some suggestions...i would really appreciate ittt....
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
So I think I get it now - you really have to do it for a LONG time, and it helps if you do it at the END of a long, hot shower.

What's a long time? Maybe I missed that part.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I only got plugs to loosen after doing it for a good full five minutes, at least. I also recently discovered that jojoba oil works best for me.

(And for what it's worth, shortly after I started this thread I had some nasty cystic-type acne that I think may have been related to OCM with castor oil, so I never do it with castor anymore!)

Jibh

Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
where can i get jojoba oil?...
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
I have been doing this too, now, for at least a month. Yesterday I had a minor breakthrough, because I threw a new oil in the mix: Centella ASiatica!
I used:
Castor,
Sunflower infused with Centella Asiatica
Hazelnut
and EOS of rosewood, palmarosa, and geranium.

Whereas before I would massage some dead skin off and it felt great, this time, seriously, it felt like the few whiteheads I had melted off my face! Today my skin looks excellent.

I might add that I also added a helichrysum hydrosol to my mix.

I love it!

--avalange

Hi Avalange!

Do you use equal amounts of your castor, sunflower and hazelnut? TIA
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |