Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ALERT: a new EBAY SCAM EMAIL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I got this Ebay email today. Supposedly it is a message from a fellow ebay member whom I bid 76 of his auctions. The problem is I don't use my Yahoo email address for my ebay account after it got hacked a few years ago. I changed to my other email account, and so far, it has not been hacked yet. So I opened up a new browser instead of clicking the link from his ebay message, and signed on to ebay. Then I looked for this user name. I found this same user name but with 0 feedback from KY and is not a registered ebay user any more, instead of the one from ME with 753 positive feedback like the one showing on my email.

Here's the message:

Quote:
Subject: Message from eBay Member
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 20:42:05 +0200

eBay eBay sent this message
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Question from eBay Member -- Respond Now

eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member through My Messages. Responses sent using email will not reach the eBay member.

Question from greg7833
Activity with greg7833 (last 90 days):
- I have bid on 76 items from greg7833

greg7833( 753)
Positive feedback: 100%
Registered on: www.ebay.com
Could you please email me back so we can end this??? I really think that you are not right!

Respond to this question
Respond Now
Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.

Marketplace Safety Tip Marketplace Safety Tip
If this message is an offer to sell an item without winning it on the eBay Web site (including Second Chance Offers sent through My Messages) please do not respond to the sender. These "outside of eBay" transactions are unsafe and not covered by eBay purchase protection programs.

Never pay for your eBay item through instant wire transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. These payment methods are unsafe when paying someone you do not know.
Is this email inappropriate? Does it violate eBay policy? Help protect the Community by reporting it.

Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:
http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial

This eBay notice was sent to greggho@aol.com on behalf of another eBay member through the eBay platform and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Privacy Policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.html
User Agreement: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

Copyright © 2006

So I think this is another scam to try to steal my ebay account info. If you ever get any suspicious looking Ebay or Paypal email about your accounts, the best policy is to not click the link they sent in the email. Just open up a new browser and log on to your account that way to see if there is any problem. When in doubt, you can always contact ebay or paypal directly to solve the problem.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have been getting these e-mails "looking like they are coming from an e-bay member" for years. Some of the ones I get tells me I bid on an item and won it and need to PAY, or I will be turned in. Funny thing that I knew they were a scam, because they come on a e-mail address that I don't use, nor does my e-bay account have that address. So, I know it is a scam. I first time I was curious and looked into it, then I realized I never would bid on the item they said I did. I just report the e-mail to my provider as spam and then they now get caught up in my junk filter. I think 2007 should go down in records as "year of the spam".

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
I have been getting these e-mails "looking like they are coming from an e-bay member" for years. Some of the ones I get tells me I bid on an item and won it and need to PAY, or I will be turned in. Funny thing that I knew they were a scam, because they come on a e-mail address that I don't use, nor does my e-bay account have that address. So, I know it is a scam. I first time I was curious and looked into it, then I realized I never would bid on the item they said I did. I just report the e-mail to my provider as spam and then they now get caught up in my junk filter. I think 2007 should go down in records as "year of the spam".

Same here! If this email got sent to my correct ebay email, I'd have probably responded differently. Thank god they haven't figured out what my real ebay email is yet.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:59 am      Reply with quote
I think the best thing is to always check whether the messages are also displayed in the message section of your My Ebay page. If they're genuine, they should be there. If not, ignore them.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I think the best thing is to always check whether the messages are also displayed in the message section of your My Ebay page. If they're genuine, they should be there. If not, ignore them.

Great point, Majorb! Thank you.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
oh my, that's scary! thx for the warning!!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |