Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Skin Lightening/Brightening Products that have been banned!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
athena123 wrote:
simran, are you sure you're not overreacting to the hysteria that websites like these are only too happy to promote? Very Happy

hmm no. I mean it is not like i developed hysteria all of a sudden. I been reading up on hydroquionne and other ingrediants for 5 plus years now. And my opinion got more and more reinforced each time. So personally i have made up my opinion on not to use it.

I also have heard ALOT of horror/bad stories about such ingrediants from other users as well on the skin brightening/lightening boards. I mean yes some of them are quite stupid to use such things in huge quantities but most are not Shock

simran, sorry if it sounds like I "harshed" on you that wasn't my intent. I stopped using hydroquinone a few months ago after reading rumors of possible links to skin cancer, but after evaluating the source a little more deeply, I've started using it again in small doses. After I use it I apply a LOT of heavy duty sunscreen.

There's no one thing that won't cause bad reactions in some folk, while proving to be extremely beneficial to others. Aspirin is still a miracle drug, yet a few are allergic to it. Same thing with penicillin.

What worries me about these kind of "scare" tactics is that they just give more ammunition to the FDC. As John C's previous post indicates, the FDC would love to make hydroquinones a prescription only product. I don't want to have to pay big $$ to go to a dermatologist and obtain a prescription for something that I know has worked well for me.

And on down the road, I really REALLY don't want the FDC to require a script from the doctor everytime I need to refill my vitamin supplements. I'm quite capable of deciding which supplements work for me without the advice of an "expert", thank you very much.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I actually question why the first, original post to this thread listed so many "dangerous" products containing HQ, steroids, mercury.

We all know about the "dangers", alleged or otherwise of those ingredients.

I think many EDS members are well-read and educated about products, and their ingredients, and are not swayed by scare lists, value judgments or marketing copywriter creativity.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
nyonyakay, like i said in my starting post, im only sharing my information with others and i also said im copying and pasting the POST on the list of ingrediants and products. I am not trying to scare anyone, neither did i make up the list myself. I only tried to share the information and what members do with it is up to them Exclamation

Far as from what i read here. I only saw the good things being said about most of these ingrediants. I only want to make the newbies aware of the other side of the information too. Then if people know ALL the information not half, they can make their judgement accordingly.

Athena123, no apology needed. You have right to share your point of view on this as well Smile

I know what you mean regarding supplements and things. My mom told my doctor i take vitamin supplements cause she is of course horrified by the fact that i take them. And my doctor told me if im not required to take them then i shouldnt. If im worried about my vitamin intake levels then i should eat alot of ffruits for example oranges for vitamin C. Taking vitamin supplements are my decision and yep i would be horrified if i could only get them by prescription and at a much higher cost Shock
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
hi sinran, thank u for ur review!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing, It's my new knowledge.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for your sharing.
I did not know most of the brands.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |