Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MATRIXL3000 or DMAE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sicarogue

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi all ! Very Happy Very Happy
Just curious. What is most effective? Matrixyl3000 or DMAE? I have read some posts about these products and am looking for someone to post that has long term experience with each. A little hesitant to try the DMAE since the albeit inconclusive report came out that it could interfere with or stop cell division. Is anyone still even using DMAE? Thanks , guys!
The EDS forums are amazing. I am loving it here!

Sica
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
We performed a consumer testing study on an anti-age lotion I made with Matrixyl here at my primary workplace. Before and After photos were taken of all the participants. A few got a placebo, and the rest got the Matrixyl version. None of the participants knew which formula they were using. The After photos for the Matrixyl showed without any doubt that fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes were measurably reduced. Not so for the placebo users. And, we were pleasantly surprised to find that some of the dark sun damage spots around the eyes showed visable lightening as well. From this study we concluded that the Matrixyl does indeed work as claimed for reducing fine lines and wrinkles.

Interesting note: After the study was done, ALL of the participants wanted to keep using the lotion even though we don't make it as a consumer product! They liked it that much.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
John,

What are your thoughts on DMAE?
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest, I've never used it. I really can't comment on something that I have no experience with in any way.

sorry,

John

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
chiming in with my two cents, i ADORE matrixyl 3000! really works like nothing else i've tried for quickly building up collagen. unfortunately, however, once you stop using it, your skin goes back to its original condition.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Which product in the market contains a decent amount of matrixyl and sold at a reasonable price?
Uno
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
John,

How long have the participants been using matrixyl?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
youngrace, which Matrixyl 3000 product did you use that you love so much? Inquiring minds want to know! Very Happy
sicarogue

Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Whoa you guys!
Thanks for the input!
Im eagerly awaiting more data! lol
**sica rubs hands together maniacally
sicarogue

Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Are the effects culmulative with matrixyl3000 like they are with dmae? Just curious which one is the best. Anyone using matrixyl3000 and/or dmae that can give comparisons or results ? I did see some threads like I said, but wanna know if matrixyl is just as good or not as good as dmae. Thanks again guys!

Sica
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I can't answer this question but I did read that the 3000 had really good reviews and I don't think there is any negative side affects on long term basis.

Maybe someone can prove me wrong?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I have not heard of any negative side effects. I have also read that it takes at least 60 days before you will notice anything with Matrixyl. I don't know of any studies on DMAE, but I think I would put my money on the Matrixyl. I would still like to know of some good Matrixyl products. I believe the Alyria has this in it and IFP line eraser, but would like some other products listed!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks riley!

I know Kate Somerville has it also in their deep tissue repair. I can't comment on the wrinkles but found it to help fade my red veins on the side of my nose.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Uno, the participants were in the study for 8 weeks. 8 weeks is also the amount of time used in studies from the maker of Matrixyl which is Sederma. We did notice some smoothing as early as 4 weeks out in some of the participants.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Uno, the participants were in the study for 8 weeks. 8 weeks is also the amount of time used in studies from the maker of Matrixyl which is Sederma. We did notice some smoothing as early as 4 weeks out in some of the participants.

John

What does uno mean?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

What does uno mean?

You know... Razz
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Uno"John,

How long have the participants been using matrixyl?[/quote]

I believe he was answering Uno's question.
sicarogue

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for all of your input. So much appreciated! FINGERS CROSSED!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sicarogue

<edited by moderator to remove home based business information>
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
[quote="Uno"John,

I believe he was answering Uno's question.[/quote]

Shock Embarassed Oops! Sorry Uno, I didn't notice your EDS member name. Wink
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
yogi wrote:
[quote="Uno"John,

I believe he was answering Uno's question.

Shock Embarassed Oops! Sorry Uno, I didn't notice your EDS member name. Wink[/quote]

Oops I missed too.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I know Kate Somerville has it also in their deep tissue repair. I can't comment on the wrinkles but found it to help fade my red veins on the side of my nose.

Skincare, I also have these small red veins on the sides of my nose which I assumed were broken capillaries, but I'm not sure. You say the Kate Somerville deep tissue repair gets rid of those? How long did it take?
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I can share my experiences, for what they're worth!....I have used varying strengths of DMAE and not noticed any level of firming or tightening, either short-term or long-term. I now use two products, an eye cream and a face/neck cream, that contain Matrixl 3000 and I am amazed at the results that I have already seen (~5 weeks or so). My entire eye area looks firmer and more evenly toned and the upper eye area that was starting to get 'baggy' has tightened up nicely as well (that really amazed me). I am told that what I am seeing is as a result of the increased hydration levels and that the Matrixl will only make the area better and better. Obviously, I am one for whom Matrixl is a highly beneficial ingredient.

I will say that I personally have discovered that I can't tolerate a lip product with Matrixl in it. My lips swell up (think clown-like Rolling Eyes )and get blood red blotches. Then, after a day or so, they start to peel deeply, bleed and then get crusty. I actually gave the product a try twice because I was so anxious for it to work for me but the same exact thing happened again and tooks weeks to heal. Definitely gave up on that one!

Hope this helps!

~Mary
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Skincare, I also have these small red veins on the sides of my nose which I assumed were broken capillaries, but I'm not sure. You say the Kate Somerville deep tissue repair gets rid of those? How long did it take?

Yes, you are right Diana P...it is called broken capillary. Please keep in mind Diana, that with continued use, the capillary does not show at all. There is one deep one that I have and that one is more faded. I would say after the first two use of it, at night only, I found the red capillaries faded but was still there. I can't remember exactly when I noticed that it was totally gone except for that one deep capillary.
I will never forget when one morning as I applied my concealer, I did not have to put it on the side of my nose. That made me feel good about that! Very Happy

There was a time, maybe due to stress and drinking too much coffee, that I had light red capillary on my eyelids. So I decided to experiment and applied the KS Line Release on my eyelids and found by morning that my eyelids looked less puffy and the redness was gone. I looked more calm.

I would have to say that this was the only thing I noticed with Matrixyl 3000.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in New Beauty magazine, it explains that matrixyl builds skin/thickens the skin? Maybe this is what has happen for my nose. I guess only time will tell if matrixyl is a permanent treatment. Maybe not, if the dosage is not high with these skincare products. Confused
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Diana P wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Yes, you are right Diana P...it is called broken capillary. Please keep in mind Diana, that with continued use, the capillary does not show at all. There is one deep one that I have and that one is more faded. I would say after the first two use of it, at night only, I found the red capillaries faded but was still there. I can't remember exactly when I noticed that it was totally gone except for that one deep capillary.
I will never forget when one morning as I applied my concealer, I did not have to put it on the side of my nose. That made me feel good about that! Very Happy

Thanks Skincare! Off to read the KS reviews. Smile
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
I now use two products, an eye cream and a face/neck cream, that contain Matrixl 3000 and I am amazed at the results that I have already seen (~5 weeks or so). My entire eye area looks firmer and more evenly toned and the upper eye area that was starting to get 'baggy' has tightened up nicely as well (that really amazed me).
~Mary

Hi Mary, could you share with us which product (brand name) you are referring to?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |