Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
taning and exfoliating?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
blg83
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys:
If I wanted to self tan on body and face, can I still continue my usual regiment of masks and efoliants and AHA without stripping the tan emediately? Eh? A while back Gucci mentioned that she self tans the face and I know she is a skin care addict; how does your tan stay?

Or, should I just do the body and use dr. h's bronzing gel or some other form of daily bronzing cream/bronzing foundation?
thanks as usual!
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that AHA's and self tans don't go well together, that the self tan will not develop properly over an AHA.

By the way, if you haven't tried it yet, try the St.Tropez line, it is the BEST!! Fake Bake is also great, but not as dark. Love self tan!! I'll never tan for real after discovering these products. Even nice for hands and feet Smile
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Hey....I always self tan my face and body!

I use the Gatineau firming cream for the body, or L'Occitane body cream. I then cover myself in St tropez, or Ecotan. On my face I use all the normal Decleor oils and vitaroma's etc and everything else I use. Then I either use Decleor self tan, St Tropez or Ecotan on my face. I do my face every other night, probably because of the amount of products and oils that I use it needs doing more often. I do my body about every 3 to 4 days.

I'm allergic to the sun,(photosensitivity) it just doesnt get on with my skin, prickly heat like you've never seen before after about 2 hours. I used to be a sun worshipper and turn the most fab shade of brown, but that was before my little accident. I always feel better when I've got a tan so from now on its fake tan for me...

Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I just self tan my body (St Tropez) but I'm too scared to do my face. So I just use bronzers or very light self tans on my face (e.g. Lancome Flash Bronzer Gel). But I do exfoliate as usual, it does mean that the tan doesn't last as long but at least it goes on and fades evenly. But yes, you will have to reapply more often if you exfoliate.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Oh sorry, yes I exfoliate as well, if you dont your tan goes all patchy and 'orrible!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, just try some St Tropez on your face, put some moisturiser on your eyesbrows though, you'll be amazed...honest! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy. I agree with Gucci, you have to try St.Tropez for your face! I am a very pale PPP but I got the glow to rival Jennifer Lopez with only one application of it and it lasted a week! Went away very nicely, no streaking (but I exfoliate well). It was perfect around the hairline and nose and I didn't get orange around the brows either. Give it a try! Smile
Mabsy

Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Oh I don't know.... Like you Siri, I am very pale. St Tropez gives me a very rich color. I like that on my body but I think it might look funny on my face. Besides, there's no room for error on your face! If I stuff up it's there for the world to see! Laughing

Has anybody tried mixing it with a moisturiser and applying it that way? I'm just too scared to try it undiluted on my face Anxious
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I have only used it undiluted and it never goes wrong. You don't even have to be very careful with the applying. I use a tiny bit of moisturizer first. (I tried the same with Fake Bake, but this did not look as natural, too much red/violet in it). I guess how it develops has to do with oiliness and the chemistry of your skin. For me St.Tropez is perfect. If you have the St.Tropez moisturizer (I guess you can mix it with anything, but I would have chosen their line) try a mix first if you are a bit uncertain. But you have to try, it looks so good even on its own, and even better with some bronzer and blush on top. I don't do it all the time, I think the whole process is a bit tiring and I don't like sleeping in it. But I love the result!! For me to use it on my body only would probably look a bit strange, as I am very pale.. No other self tan I have tried develops properly on my face, it is too light or too orange and lasts 1-2 days if I'm lucky. I have tried lots!! Smile
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy I always moisturise my face before putting on any Self tan, especially my eyebrows. Decleor self tan is not as high in colour as St tropez. Honestly if you give it a try you will be hooked!

Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the tips! Ok, I will have to try this but I'll have to wait till I get a few days off work just in case it all goes bad. I'm nowhere near as nervous (not nervous at all!) with self-tanning my body. The face is a whole different ball game! Maybe I should invest in some full coverage foundation just in case Smile

Mabsy
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Heyyyyy good!

Let me know when you've plucked up the courage!!!

Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Oh I will..... Most probably because (knowing what a clutz I am) it will be a disaster and I'll end up in hiding for a while (and get to spend more time on the forum. Yay!) Laughing
Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |