Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How can I help a spot heal/fade faster?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moon_Man
5% products discount

Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
You know when you have a spot that just will NOT fade? Well, I got one of 'em - right on my nose Mad This is the second time it's happened; it's just a normal spot but it takes so long to heal that it's beyond a joke... The spot itself lasted about a week, but the red mark has been there for about 2 months (NO JOKE!)

So my question is what's an effective way to speed up the healing process? I have some tea tree gel, I'm wondering if that will help some?

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Yea try the tea tree oil/gel or witch hazel. Maybe even aloevera hmm. Hope that helps
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
sunprotection, plus expoliation will speed up the healing process.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
OUT! OUT! D*** SPOT!!!
Hi! Some people have said Rhoobis Red Tea products work.

EpidermxII from Naturderm is a great exfoliator to try to get the little booger off.www.greatnewskin.com

CPs help to rebuild the skin after exfoliation. Also the 30% Pumpkin Peel from this same site:www.ncnproskincare.com

Agree that you have to be consistent with SunBlock! Sofina Lucent is SPF 50+++ fromwww.bobodave.com. It is fab!

It's a constant battle - everyone has their favorite routine! Please share if you find something that works for you! Very Happy
HTH
fawnie

5% products discount

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
u know what i hate..., when ur not able to get wut u need to get. but THANKGOD there's soooo many ways to fade spots that are embarrassing and make u impatient. 4 me i cud fade spots EASY, but that's b/c i have a derm, if u don't, u cud if u want.

NEVER exfoliate ur "red spot". it'll keep it there EVEN LONGER.
as a home remedy, try any kind of good quality ointment, k?
sudansy
5% products discount

Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Skin Lightening/Brightening Products that have been banned!

search that thread and read away, please
(hope its helpful) Very Happy
sudansy
5% products discount

Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
oh, but exfoliating's just fine if ur spots are dark and not around any sensitive area of ur face Cool ....i'm sure of it, right?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Sun protection is number one to prevent the spot from becoming darker. You can also add vit c and gentle exfoliation to help speed things alone.

2 months is not too bad. I had one that took 6 months to fade.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Avoid the sun ... Avoid the sun ... Avoid the sun ... CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH OF THIS - while your scar is still red - once it has turned dark - it will take ages to fade (or not at all Crying or Very sad )!

5% products discount

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the great replies! I have never taken sun damage seriously, but one of the next things I'm gonna be buying is sun protection.

I will check out all the recommendations, but for now I'll use the tea tree (simply because I have it to hand).

Any more suggestions are welcome... and I'll definitely report back any results!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
do you put sun protection?
If not, you better!
well, exfoliation will decrease the spot area.
vitamin C will also help as well as aloe vera products....
Cheers Smile

quote="Moon_Man"]You know when you have a spot that just will NOT fade? Well, I got one of 'em - right on my nose Mad This is the second time it's happened; it's just a normal spot but it takes so long to heal that it's beyond a joke... The spot itself lasted about a week, but the red mark has been there for about 2 months (NO JOKE!)

So my question is what's an effective way to speed up the healing process? I have some tea tree gel, I'm wondering if that will help some?

Thanks![/quote]
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Another suggestion you may want to try is Bearberry. Bearberry is a safe and natural form of the potent skin lightener Hydroquinine. It comes as a fine powder that you mix with your favorite cream or lotion. (I mentioned this product on another thread a while back) This product will gently fade discolouration of the skin. It is inexpensive and can be purchased at Skinactives.com for $7.50 for 10gm. This amount would be enough to mix with 18oz of your favorite cream.

I have used this in the past to fade small brown spots and it really does work, plus it is an anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, skin lightener - All good stuff!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I found applying green tea mask helped heal my skin and using Vitamin C on regular basis help with the skin tone and texture.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
how about peel? Green apple peel may help.. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
how about C serum?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I just bought the Neutrognea Acne Mark fading Peel. I used it once last night, so far, and I think it's helping fade marks on my chin and t-zone. It's the salicylic acid that helps fade the old marks.

Something else you might try is the Beyond Belief Nose peel from Sally Beauty supply. It has salicylic, lactic acid, and tea tree oil.
sudansy
5% products discount

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
Another suggestion you may want to try is Bearberry. Bearberry is a safe and natural form of the potent skin lightener Hydroquinine. It comes as a fine powder that you mix with your favorite cream or lotion. (I mentioned this product on another thread a while back) This product will gently fade discolouration of the skin. It is inexpensive and can be purchased at Skinactives.com for $7.50 for 10gm. This amount would be enough to mix with 18oz of your favorite cream.

I have used this in the past to fade small brown spots and it really does work, plus it is an anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, skin lightener - All good stuff!

but you should never bleach an unhealed area, right?
sudansy
5% products discount

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
U KNOW, i used hydroquinone on an unhealed area and....
IT MESSED ME UP BAD!!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've had good results using a combination of JB Green Apple Peel, aspirin mask and vitamin C serum.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |