Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Perfume, looking for something "grapefruity"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Any recs on a "grapefruity" smell that's light for everyday?
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yellow Mat by Masaki Matsushima. They have it at Sephora. Very nice - light and grapefruity for day.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Yellow Mat by Masaki Matsushima. They have it at Sephora. Very nice - light and grapefruity for day.

I will try it! Sounds yummy!
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
For summer I use L'Occitane Verbena. I have a big size EDT in my bath room to spray on after bath every morning.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure what it smells like as I've never tried it, but Demeter does a Grapefruit Tea that sounds yummy. And I love Ecco Bella's Lemon Verbena, personally. The Body Shop and Kiehls both have some grapefruit scented products that are delicious too, though I don't love all their ingredients (Kiehls is better than BS for that). Good luck!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Jo Malone has a WONDERFUL, delightful, over the top Grapefruit eau de cologne as well as body wash, candle, body lotion, etc. If I could stop thinking about my skin, I could get it. It is light and just right for what you're thinking of.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Oyédo by Diptyque is gorgeous - citrus with a hint of herbs.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Thanks for all of your replies. I will have to try and sample them all if I can. The Demetri scents on Sephora all sound so appealing, I wonder how true to life they are!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
If you meant Demeter, it's hard to say - they used to be INCREDIBLY dead-on, but over the years I think they've gone more on the "perfumey" than the "reality" end of the spectrum. Depends on the scent though - the older "classic" ones are still freakishly accurate. Their "dirt" seriously smells just like dirt, and their "ginger ale" actually SMELLED like carbonation, somehow.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I second the Jo Malone.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Annick Goutal has a frangrance which is orange based. So does Guerlain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot about Hermes Eau D'Orange Vert - delicious, but I was always disappointed by how short-lived the fragrance was. They may have a stronger version though, I always just tried the eau de toilette version.

VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to add - both the annick goutal & guerlain last the whole day. Is very fresh smelling without it being overpowering.
The annick Goutal's called 'les nuits d'hadrien' & Guerlain's called 'aqua allegoria orange Magnifica'. There's a grapefruit one (in Guerlain) but I don't like that.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. This isn't what you asked for, but I LOVe SEA of LOVE's Lemon Vanilla perfume. I don't know if they have a grapefruit one or not, but they may by now... you can check, if you have one of their stores in your area!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Where can you get the Sea of Love product, Andrea38?
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I was at Wal-Mart just browsing the aisles and I smelled someone spray this citrus-lemony-orange scent. I asked what this lady sprayed and she sprayed a "tester" of Calgon Tropical Dream Body Refreshment Spray. Yummy. I bought the small one for $1.88 to test. Sprayed it on, doesn't last too long but I think I will also get the lotion to layer. JUst something light while I hang around the pool or take on vacation with me. My hubby noticed the orange-fruity smell and liked it. I liked it too, but I can smell the alcohol.
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love Kiehl's Grapefruit spray. It smells so yummy and I always get compliments when I wear it! Very Happy HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Rileygirl;

Sea OF Love is a chain of stores in Canada,
We have one here in Halifax- and there's one in Ontario. They are just a tiny store here, but they cary candles, soaps, perfumes, stuff like placemats and picnic baskets- and even furniture! Their furniture is very expensive.

You can probably find them online. Other than the lemon vanilla- they also carry blueberry perfume, and orange canteloupe, YUM!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently Sea of Love is no longer in Halifax. Sad And I cannot find them online either. But I'll keep looking into it, and see where they are for ya!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Andrea38. Boy, that scent sounded good, too!
KrazyKat
5% products discount

Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Yves St. Laurent-Babydoll (pink bottle).

Classy, warm, fruity grapefruit thats not knock you over the head sweet or loud. This one makes me happy.
Caspers Mum

Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
http://www.jomalone.co.uk/site.nsf/shop/level3?readform&cat=frag&subcat=CAT0028&CartID=7167-19740

Jo Malone. Or Love's Fresh Lemon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Okay! Which one am I gonna buy???? Oh, decisions, decisions...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
let me know what you try, divalovesmusic. I love this type of scent, too, and am looking for the same thing!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I love FRESH's Hesperides - nice grapefruit note and it comes in lotion too. Available at Sephora and they do samples.
That Lemon Vanilla from Sea of Love shur sounds good! Any word where we in the US can find it???

Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |