Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Kerastase - Which to get?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard good things about the Kerastase range and I was wondering if any of you lovely folk might use the Kerastase range and might be able to help me choose some products!!

I have shoulder length, fine hair (that is the fibre is fine but I have lots of it), I like to use straighteners (I know but my hair looks so nice!) but its not chemically treated in any way. Its pretty resilient but after my holiday in Florida its a bit dry on the ends.

I am thinking Bain Satin 1 or 2 plus the Masque Intense for fine hair OR the lait vital although I've read reviews on MUA that this isn't very moisturising?

ETA - I am a very active outdoorsy sort so I like to wash my hair frequently (I horseride so have to wear a riding hat which does not make for a good hair day!!LOL!

Then there's the Resistance range - its all soooo confusing!! Help please!! Laughing

Would love some ideas - I tried Phyto and while it was fine initially, after a few uses my hair became very static-y and dry so trying to avoid that disappointment again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
My hairdressers and I recommend the Bain Satin 1, as the best and the other numbers are not as good. I also intermittently use the Volumizing (green top) shampoo. My hair is fine and due to a medication I am losing a lot of it. But ever since I found Kerastase it is my #1 choice. I use other conditioners, mainly Nioxin, so can't comment on your other choices, but the shampoo is absolutely terrific. In US can only be found at upscale salons or here in Chicago at Bravco, but in england, for example, it was in all the windows the last time I was in London. I'm sure you will love it too, as everyone I recommended it to did.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Right now, I'm using Cromo line. I use their shampoo, conditioner, hair mask (about once a week or so) and their cream polish.

I can't remember the other name from Kerastase, but it is this oil and I apply that almost everymorning to smooth out any fly aways and before I use my straightening iron.

Here in Toronto, it has become more difficult to find Kerastase or simply too far to travel just to buy shampoo and conditioner. I think I will be switching to Davines.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks - that's given me some ideas!
Skincare - I was eyeing the Cromo line (That's the shine enhancing line isn't it?) But as my hair isn't coloured I thought it would probably be unsuitable?

EL - Thanks - I was dithering between the 1 & 2 but I think I'll go for 1 as it seems to be recommended for frequent use too. Smile Sorry to hear about the way the meds are affecting your hair - that must be hard to deal with, I had a major (scary) 'moult' after a car accident many years ago and it was difficult to accept - I didn't get patches or anything but my hair got even finer and I was so scared (I was only 17). Thank goodness it all calmed down and recovered. (Althogh it drove me mad when it all grew back in again as I had all these new short hairs sticking up round my hair line and parting)!
Hope you get well soon and don't have to take them anymore.

Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:48 am      Reply with quote
I've only used the Oligo Curly line (or whatever it's called), but wasn't that impressed, I'm afraid.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Majorb - was it just not worth the money or did it not do any thing for you hair?

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Thanks - that's given me some ideas!
Skincare - I was eyeing the Cromo line (That's the shine enhancing line isn't it?) But as my hair isn't coloured I thought it would probably be unsuitable?

EL - Thanks - I was dithering between the 1 & 2 but I think I'll go for 1 as it seems to be recommended for frequent use too. Smile Sorry to hear about the way the meds are affecting your hair - that must be hard to deal with, I had a major (scary) 'moult' after a car accident many years ago and it was difficult to accept - I didn't get patches or anything but my hair got even finer and I was so scared (I was only 17). Thank goodness it all calmed down and recovered. (Althogh it drove me mad when it all grew back in again as I had all these new short hairs sticking up round my hair line and parting)!
Hope you get well soon and don't have to take them anymore.

Thanks

I don't know if it makes a difference if your hair is coloured or not when using Cromo. I do love it, but again, it's difficult to find this line.
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've fine chemically treated hair (colored and digital permed in the past) and it's thinner on the top but I have more hair on the back of my head. Thus, I tend to ensure that hair products do not weigh down my hair since the top is pretty flat.

Over the years, I've used the followings:
- Bain Satin 1 Shampoo
- Masque Intense for fine hair
- Chroma Reflect Masque
- Masque Age Recharge (Firming Masque for Devitalized Hair)
- Elixir Oleo-Relax (Ultimate Controlling Elixir for Very Dry, Rebellious Hair)

As you can tell, I love the first two products alot but I stopped buying as it's too expensive. I had alternate the Chroma Reflect masque and the Masque Age Recharge at one point when I have color treated hair. The Chroma Masque definitely made my hair shinier and the hair color more distinct. Age Recharge did make my hair softer but it's not as good as the other two masques though. As for the Exlixir, not sure why I bought it in the first place as my hair wasn't unmanageable to start with. Thus, it didn't do much for me.

If I have $100 to splurge on this brand, I'll go for the first two. Smile HTH!

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone - think I've narrowed it down (ish) Laughing to Bain Satin 1 plus the Masque for fine hair OR the Chroma bain 1 plus masque. My hair is pretty shiny naturally anyway so may start with the Bain Satin because lots of people seem to love this....hmmm Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Majorb - was it just not worth the money or did it not do any thing for you hair?

Smile

Both, I'd say! It was an expensive exercise in how not to treat dry, curly hair. Embarassed
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Majorb - That was pretty much my experience with Phyto.....an expensive way of having a bad hair day (several!!).

Hoping Kerastase isn't the same for me!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Thanks Majorb - That was pretty much my experience with Phyto.....an expensive way of having a bad hair day (several!!).

Hoping Kerastase isn't the same for me!!

Lots of people love it and there are quite a few different ranges, so fingers crossed! Let us know how you get on once you've tried it.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I bought Kerastase bain something for sensitive scalp, and I loved it at first, but ended up not finishing it. I had half left. It didn't continue to perform.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I adore Kerastase.

I purchase fromwww.slapiton.tv. I've got a huge list comparing prices and they are consistently cheaper ... even with shipping from UK to California.

I've also picked up products not available in the U.S.

That said, prices in Europe are cheaper than the U.S. There is a salon 5 miles away that is a Kerastase-approved salon, but it's still cheaper for me to order from slapiton.tv.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Chroma Riche collection. I have shoulder-blade-length blonde highlighted hair and recently started using Kerastase products... and my hairdresser gushed over my hair! She said it was so soft and shiny. I don't find that the products build up at all.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
I used the whole line for years and I still love it a lot.
I have now changed my methods. Throughout the year, I use the light green conditioner only & about once a year, I use the leave in conditioner. I use Chroma conditioner once a year.
As for shampoo, I use Bain 1 or 2, but not as frequently. Maybe twice a year?
Thanks to a good friend of mine that I met on EDS, she suggested that I try Komenuka Bijin daily hair shampoo. This is perfect for colored hair. It is $10 less then Kerastase. The shampoo is a copy of baby shampoo, but the formulation is different and more of a luxury feel without drying out your hair. I really, really love this shampoo and I would encourage you to try it at least once.

I used to apply macadamia nut oil before I wash my hair, but the supplier is difficult when it comes to shipping. That help battle my dry hair and protect it from washing, but little did I know that Komenuka Bijin is very gentle.

Kerastace is top of the line hair care. You really can't go wrong with the conditioner if you have dry hair. I usually order in bulk for their hair conditioner.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |