Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Hauschka experts... I need your help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Dr. H line now for about a month. I love the fact that it has gotten rid of stubborn clogged pores that have been there forever, but my skin is also dry and scaly and itchy in places. What could this be from and has anyone else experienced this?
For reference I use: AM Cleansing Cream, Moisturizing Day Cream or Quince Day Cream and at night just the Cleansing Milk to remove makeup... nothing after as per Dr. H. I don't really like the toner... it seems to aggravate the itchy-scalies. Every couple of days, I use the Rejuvenating Mask. I like the results I am getting from the pore cleansing, but I hate the ill-effects. What should I do?
Thank you in advance...
Ali

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I would stop using it for a while to see if your skin improves. Itchiness from products is never a good sign. Dr Hauschka contains alcohol and it could be that your skin does not tolerate this. Another possible irritant could be the beeswax in the Quince Cream.
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Smoothskin... I thought the alcohol in the Dr. H products was supposed to be more of a food grade variety and therefore less harmful than the topical variety. I definitely could be wrong about this though. I don't think it is the Quince cream because I really only use it sometimes and the itchiness and scaling are fairly consistent. I just don't know what to use instead. Crying or Very sad I want something that is really natural, but that has a lot less irritating ingredients in it which for me is alcohol and loads of essential oils. I heard really good things about Osea, but I just spent a small fortune on Dr. H so I am not too thrilled about trying something else. I just want nice non-itchy, flaky skin!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
You are right, they are using a grain alcohol which they say is not drying, but opinions differ on this matter. Some people say any type of alcohol is drying on the skin. Personally, I had a reaction to the Osea products, but I know that many people on this board really like them. (I also did like the texture and effect before they started irritating my skin). Having sensitive skin is so tricky, I know that feeling when you really want to like something and it just does not work out. I am currently thinking of getting some Epicuren products which I have heard wonderful things about. Other than that I have had great success with a simple regime from Amanda Lacey + Kucci Kukui oils.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
They say it isn't drying, but I've always found the Hauschka alcohols to be drying to my sensitive, dryness-prone and also oily-prone skin. Whenever I use one of their moisturizers my skin seems to react by producing more oil to make up for that moisture-zapping alcohol (except if I use the Normalizing Day Oil, of course, which only contains oils). And don't even talk to me about their toners, I won't touch 'em after trying a sample. It's a shame because I really like their formulations other than that - I stick to lower-alcohol moisturizers like the Rose Day Cream (but many people prone to congestion find that to be too heavy - not sure why it works so well for me, but I don't question it!).

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I like the toner and I even have sensitive skin. I have the clarifying one. I wonder if it has the same amount of alcohol as the regular or if it has more. My favorite thing to do is to use the toner and following up while my face is still moist with the Rose Cream. The original one. Just a little bit. I do this in the morning before sunscreen and it gives me the feeling that there is a barrier between my skin and the sunscreen. Yucky sunscreen.

Alilicious, you really should email Hauschka. I've done it several times and they were helpful. I know how painful it is to invest in a line and then worrying that it won't work out. But remember, you don't really have to use a whole line like they say. You can mix and match.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'd definitely take a few days off in between. I've myself also invested a lot of money in Dr. H's line and used it for about a month. The entire time using it, I just wanted to crawl out from underneath my skin -- it was itchy/dry. I used CC, toner, the night treatment vials, rejuvinating mask, quince cream, clay mask, eye cream, etc...It's the alcohol and essential oil stuff that my skin hates. His line gave me a certain glow initially, then my just got too dry/itchy. I stopped and it went away. In fact, I think I still have everything -- I may give it another go later on in the Fall, but I'm scared to experience all that again....itchiness/few breakouts/dryness...
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Gosh guys... thank you so much for the replies! I have always heard such glowing reviews of this line and it has made a difference, but I'm worried about doing more harm than good. It's comforting to hear of others who have had problems with this line. I was beginning to think that there is some sort of problem with my skin.
Chesterfield what do you use on your skin these days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I would stick with the cleansing cream for the pore-unclogging effects, but ditch the rest of the line and see what happens.
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I have stopped using the CC and the toner because I honestly think that is what was jacking up my skin. Whenever I exfoliate for an extended period of time, my skin reacts. I think the toner just has too much alcohol in it for my skin. I don't know... I am being stubborn about this because I want to use what I have paid for, but if this doesn't change matters for the greater good then I will have to say goodbye. Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin... what kind of reaction did you have to the Osea products? Which ones had you been using?

5% products discount

Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Talking about essential oil, how about give Decleor a try!!! I used to have sensitive skin whenever the weather changes. A friend recommended me Decleor Aromessence Rose for Reactive and Sensitive Skins

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/decleor-aromessence-rose-p_1166.htm

Once I finished the bottle in 3 months, I can feel my skin getting healthier and less affected to the weather change!!! I think Decleor moisturize ur skin deeply, even it looks greasy!! Even now I still stick w/ Decleor Aromessence. Maybe you should give Decleor a try!

Btw, I have tried Dr. Hauschka's cleasing cream and I like it as my face remains moisturized after cleasing w/o bubbles.
Mabsy

Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Ali - have you always skipped moisturiser in the evenings? I know Dr H advocate this but I suspect this might be why your skin is drying up. If you have used a rich cream before then this might be too much of a change. I used the Dr H products in combination and did skip the night-time moisturiser (ok, I cheated with eye cream, but that's about it) and used the ampules instead. My skin got used to it but I prefer to use moisturiser and find my skin feels more comfortable with it. Now I just use the Dr H CC because of the effect it has on the pores, and their masks. Although I am about to buy their light rose moisturiser I think....

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,
I stopped using moisturizer at night about a month and a half ago. I guess that is when I noticed my skin drying up, but I have also noticed fewer clogged pores and less breakouts so that is why I am reluctant to start using night cream again. I know there are more options out there than a heavy night cream, but I just don't know what would be a good option. Confused
BTW... I have used the Dr. H Rose Day Cream Light and it is very nice for someone with combo skin... much lighter that the original.
Thanks,
Ali

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm new to Dr. Hauschka skincare also. Thanks to the strong recommendations of Mabsy.

I initially wanted to get only the Rhythmic Night Conditioner, but because of the promotion they were having, I ended up leaving the counter with a whole load of products.

I've been using them for 2 weeks. There's some purging effect with whiteheads coming to the surface but not nothing serious. I think the key is not to squeeze them.

Am, I use the Cleansing Cream, Clarifying Toner then Normalising Day Oil. PM, I use Cleansing Cream and Rhythmic Night Conditioner. I also use Facial Steam Bath, Cleansing Clay Mask then follow by Rejuvenating Mask once a week. I think I'm seeing some differences.
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
What is the Lavender Bath for? When I ordered my Dr H. kit, I got a some with mine. All of the other products were explained except this. Thanks!
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
In the ongoing saga of my Dr. Hauschka experience I think I have found the allergy producing culprit... Cleansing Milk. I had read on another post on Makeup Alley that someone had said that a rep for Dr. H said that the Cleansing Milk contains fermented grain extract which can be allergenic for some people. Having read that, I eliminated it from the regime and my skin has totally returned to normal! Now I use Cleansing Cream, toner and Moisturizing Day Cream in the AM and Shu Balancing Cleansing Oil and toner in the PM. All along I thought it was the fragrance and alcohols in the products, but it was the Cleansing Milk.
If anyone is having problems with Dr. H, I suggest removing the Cleansing Milk and see if that helps.
Ali

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:56 am      Reply with quote
hattie wrote:
What is the Lavender Bath for? When I ordered my Dr H. kit, I got a some with mine. All of the other products were explained except this. Thanks!

The Lavender Bath is quite functional. You can add a few drops in the water for cleansing your face. I was recommended by the girl at the counter to add 1-2 drops of Sage Bath in the Cleansing Cream to help with my breakouts.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:52 am      Reply with quote
The main function of the lavender bath is for use in the...bath. It's a bath oil and it makes your bath smell lovely.
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:40 am      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
The main function of the lavender bath is for use in the...bath. It's a bath oil and it makes your bath smell lovely.

Actually, I thought the same initially. Then, I learned from Dr.Hauschka's site that their bath concentrates support the other skin care products. You can add a couple of drops to the water in the basin for washing your face. It's very therapeutic.

http://www.drhauschka.co.uk/productinfo.php?product=56
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |