Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Members from the USA, pls pls pls help me out here!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, i will be working near the Gold Coast (Australia) for a few months, during summer! The sun is harsh harsh harsh there! So i really need a good sunscreen, with high protection , as well as matt, as i have got the oilest skin ever... I was browsing through the forum and found many members have praised Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer with helioplex sunscreen, and its a spf 70!! Shock wow... I am just dying to get my hands on them..but i cant! They dont sell it here in Australia, and i tried ordering it on ebay, Amazon and drugstore.com, they all wont send it overseas.... Sad Anyway long story cut short...I need someone from the US to direct the package to me here, i can pay for it to be directed to your home first, then have you send it to me by mail. I will net bank you prior to posting of course... That is kind of a big ask isn't it... dont know if anyone out there be so kind to help me out?? Confused Confused
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Hey cc! With the high incidence of skincancer "down under", Australia has a reputation for making "da best" sunscreens! Laughing We always want what we can't have, don't we?

Anyway, feel free to PM me. If you're setup to make a deposit into a PayPal account, I can purchase and ship this to you - BTW, do you know what the UVA rating is?

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:37 am      Reply with quote
hey Athena. Thanks for your response. I got another member PM me and she's going to get it for me. Gee there are some really nice people in this forum arent there, including yourself!
Yup, your damn right we have the highest risks of getting skin cancerm but guess what? The highest spf they go up to here is spf30. And the suncreen here are so thick and sticky and they break me out majorly! The one im getting is spf 70, and hopefully will be my HG sunscreen. Anyway thanks to you again Very Happy
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Just remember the high spf dosent mean its high uva protection.

I think ive heard on makeupalley this isnt the highest PPD. Sorry! But it could be about 8-10??

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:27 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Just remember the high spf dosent mean its high uva protection.

I think ive heard on makeupalley this isnt the highest PPD. Sorry! But it could be about 8-10??

what is PPD Embarassed
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
cc428 wrote:

Yup, your damn right we have the highest risks of getting skin cancerm but guess what? The highest spf they go up to here is spf30.

I seem to recall hearing a long, long time ago that the Australian government body responsible for these things doesn't allow sunscreens sold in Australia to be labelled as over SPF30. I think the thinking behind this was that it gives some uninformed consumers a wrong impression that they don't have to reapply or some such reasoning. So these sunscreens may in fact have a much higher SPF than 30 but they can't label it as such?

Of course I could be wrong about this, as my memory is not what it used to be Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Neutrogena SS with Helioplex SPF45 and was completely unimpressed. I took it to Cozumel with me, and I still got dark. I think the UVA rating must be rather minimal.

I'd recommend something with Mexoryl in it like LRP with SPF50+ or Bioderma with SPF50+ because the UVA rating for these are really high.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
cc428 wrote:

Yup, your damn right we have the highest risks of getting skin cancerm but guess what? The highest spf they go up to here is spf30.

I seem to recall hearing a long, long time ago that the Australian government body responsible for these things doesn't allow sunscreens sold in Australia to be labelled as over SPF30. I think the thinking behind this was that it gives some uninformed consumers a wrong impression that they don't have to reapply or some such reasoning. So these sunscreens may in fact have a much higher SPF than 30 but they can't label it as such?
Very Happy

That's a good point. Spf 15 filters out 95% UV whereas spf 30 filters out 97% of UV. Any higher index doesn't mean it can provide more coverage, but allows you to stay in the sun for a longer period. So you can achieve Spf 30+ by reapply more often.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |