Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Calling all peelers(skin not clothes)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sueqlew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I have been using JM bioglycolic cleanser and bioclear lotion for 2 months-and have had absolutely NO breakouts-woohoo!My over-40 skin is smooth and clear,finally!But,now I'm interested in adding some sort of peel to help with scarring and over-all texture and glow.I have been looking at Platinum Skin Care's TCA peel.I need to know how to incorporate a peel(and which brand) into the JM regime that is working so well for me(or if I even can). Please advise and thanks in advance-your expertise has been invaluable to me.
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sue,
There are so many peel products out there to choose from but I personally have stuck with Platinum TCA products. If this is your first peel then I would start with a 1 layer 12.5% TCA peel and progress from there. TCA will def give your skin a glow once you have all peeled.
To incoporate it into your routine kinda has to work like this. Use JM products for 3-4 weeks straight then STOP all actives and move to using a gentle cleanser / toner etc for 1 week prior to peel.
Do the peel and for the follwing two days try to avoid cleasning and use CPs and emu oil. Use the gentle products until you have fully peeled. Once all the peeling is over then you can resume the JM routine for 3-4 weeks and so on. Does that make sense? Dips Smile
sueqlew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Dips18-Yes it does make sense.I want to try this so much,but am feeling a little anxious.Am I correct in thinking that if I leave the peel on for a shorter duration,it will be less harsh than leaving it on for longer?I would like to start out slowly and see how I react.
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sue,
The first peel always feels like that for everyone but honestly once you give it a go you will be fine as long as you take it slow. And yes leaving the peel solution on for less time will be less harsh. What kind of skin do you have? Oily? Dry? thick? tanned? pigmentation issues?
The 12.5% TCA was really light and weak for me BUT other people have posted how they frosted with just 1 layer of 12.5% so it's all about each individual skin type. Might pay to do a test patch first. Dips
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I've used the lactic acid peel from Makeup Artists Choice. And it seems to do the trick. I want to try a TCA peel - I understand this is the next level! but kind of nervous.
Why did you choose Platinum TCA over another?

Thanks for the before and after suggestions. I don't remember seeing anything like this before but they make sense. Wink
sueqlew
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dips,I have over 40,pale,acne-scarred,sun-damaged(pigmentation issues)skin that I have just recently gotten under control from acne thanks to Jan Marini's Bioglycolic cleanser and Bioclear lotion.I am trying to eliminate the discolourations and thought that a peel might be the best thing for me.What do you think is my best plan of action?
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I've used the lactic acid peel from Makeup Artists Choice. And it seems to do the trick. I want to try a TCA peel - I understand this is the next level! but kind of nervous.
Why did you choose Platinum TCA over another?

Thanks for the before and after suggestions. I don't remember seeing anything like this before but they make sense. Wink

Hi sister sweets, I chose Platinum after reading all the rave reviews and success people had had with their products. Also several people that had tried other brands mentioned that they found Platinum to be stronger. Platinum are also so helpful with answering emails and giving tips etc. Cheers Dips
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
sueqlew wrote:
Hi Dips,I have over 40,pale,acne-scarred,sun-damaged(pigmentation issues)skin that I have just recently gotten under control from acne thanks to Jan Marini's Bioglycolic cleanser and Bioclear lotion.I am trying to eliminate the discolourations and thought that a peel might be the best thing for me.What do you think is my best plan of action?

Hi Sue, I live in NZ so I have been peeling left, right and centre and making the most of the cooler weather as I plan to stop when summer arrives - just too high risk of hyperpigmenting.
So are you in the States? Canada? If so I would wait till the weather starts to get colder. Since you are using glycolic based products you skin will be well prepped when you do a peel. If you want the peel to go deeper then using retin a every night will also help. If you want to start peels I recommend starting with 12.5% TCA and go from there. I chose TCA as that was considered the best for pigmentation as it goes far deeper that glycolic or salicylic acid peels and I wanted to speed things up. HTH Dips
sueqlew
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your help Dips-I live in Canada so I will wait for the weather to get a little cooler before I try one.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |