Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
For older lips, what lipliner works (transparent?)...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure what to get to keep lipstick looking nice, a transparent lipliner? And which ones work to keep lipstick from feathering?

Also, are there any lipstick sealers that don't dry out the lips and really work? I heard Benefit had one that works.

Are there any Sue Devitt lipstick fans out there? I bought Zimbabwe on Ebay, it's nice, but it was described on a website as being pinky/beige, and to me it looks like a wine/plum color, and it is the EXACT color of my normal natural lips. I'm so disappointed. How can this be described as a nude/pink/beige lipcolor? Or did they send me the wrong color? The label on the lipstick says "Zimbabwe" and the ebay seller has excellent feedback.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I read somewhere that dark reds and browns age a persons face and that a nude with a bit of gloss is fresher. I get compliments when I wear a bronzy peach gloss over nude lips. It's very sheer yet has a hint of shimmer.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I found that using Decleor's Prolagene plumps up your lips. You might want to give it a shot?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I like Duwop Invisible Lip Liner, Trish McEvoy Flawless Lip and a similar product from Guerlain, which all go before your lip stick to make it long lasting. They also make the surface of your lip smooth looking, oh, and if your would like to plump up your lips a bit I would recommend Lipfusion.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to try Cargo Reverse Lip Liner

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cargo-reverse-lip-liner-p_5284.htm

Quote:
Description:
The Reverse Lipliner was created for lipgloss lovers everywhere. This unique, natural colored pencil adds definition and fullness to the lip line, as it locks color in place. No more feathering! Can also be used in the inner lower eyelid to brighten the eye.

I've also found a transparent line from Avon.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Never heard of the brand you mentioned but I use Clinique lip liner and Lancome spf 15 lipstick and they last most of the day (the pink colour as they fade makes my lips look rosy). Its no use giving you the colours as we are so pale in Ireland but even though they are different brands the lip liner is the exact colour of my lips and it makes them look fuller just keep trying different shades! I rub my lips with face cloth briskly in shower every now and they to exfoliate them and never have feathering. Put lip balm labello on lips every night convinced that's whats keeps them soft.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:27 am      Reply with quote
I recently bought a few guerlain lip liners (in the sale) and they are very good. Sometimes I use it over my whole lips & then apply lip-gloss or lipstick. It gives a good effect and lasts longer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Thank you VERY much everyone, that's a big help.

To "DivaLovesMusic", would you share your exact lipstick and gloss brand/color that get you compliments? Thank you very much Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |