Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

best toner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
blg83
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Everyone: I am about to be done with my current toner. I need some great toner reccomendations. Man, I love this site! Cool
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:19 am      Reply with quote
My favourite toner is Valmont Vital Falls which I use with Valmont White Falls cleanser. I think that this is the first toner that I have ever truly loved, used up & purchased more. (I used to think that most toners were pretty much the same if you compared same price ranges). Anyway this is a gentle & lovely combo.
Mabsy

Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Oh no Ruth, don't tempt me! I really like the Valmont Fresh Falls cleanser (and the Nature one too) but I have not tried the toners yet.

Ok, great toners. Let's see. Is there something specific you want it to do (e.g. must have AHAs etc) or you just need a regular toner? I've got three favorites in terms of toners. 1) Phytomer Face Dew (smells faintly of rose and it leaves skin slightly moisturised). 2) Phytomer Eau Marine (really nice and refreshing). 3) Dr Hauschka Facial Toner (natural ingredients).

Mabsy
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

My toner is getting low and I need to purcahse a wonderful toner. Has any one tried Cellcosmet Active Tonic Solution? It is expensive, but from what I heard and the product description, it seems that it is worth spending the money on it. I would like to get some feedbacks from the forum members before I purchase it. I agree with Blg83, this site is great.

Rose
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:33 am      Reply with quote
I love Gatineau serenite cleanser and the floracil eye make up remover. Very soft and gentle on the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I need a new toner since I have come to the conclusion that ACV is not for me. Can anybody suggest me something? Preferably something natural, dont have any type of acid (I have dry skin and using RAM).
cheers
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I also like Valmont Vital Falls.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Dr Hauschka toner, not the clarifying one though, just the regular one. All natural ingredients (gotta love that) but note it does contain alcohol.

Ingredients: Aqua, Anthyllis Vulneraria, Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana, Parfum, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene.

I think it can be a little pricey though.

HTH

Kiwigirl.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Rose wrote:
Hi Ladies,

My toner is getting low and I need to purcahse a wonderful toner. Has any one tried Cellcosmet Active Tonic Solution? It is expensive, but from what I heard and the product description, it seems that it is worth spending the money on it. I would like to get some feedbacks from the forum members before I purchase it. I agree with Blg83, this site is great.

Rose

Hi Rose, currently I'm using Cellcosmet Active Tonic, which makes my skin very soft & comfortable. Before I bought Cellcosmet Toner I also tried Valmont Vital Falls(sample) that I really really liked---clear,smooth&fresh for my combo skin. Finaly I bought Cellcosmet one only because Cellcosmet had a large size Toner. Very Happy they are all nice Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Dr Hauschka toner, however I was reluctant to pay that amount on a toner!!
I am currently using Witch Hazel which has left my complexion lovely and clear and pores minimized.
Also when my skin is a little on the dryer side I like to mix 2 parts witch hazel with 1 part rose water.
The local chemist has some Lavender floral water, I may give this a try too Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
girls,
this might be a stupid question, but can I just use plain rose water as toner?
Also, has anybody ever used santa maria novella rose water? How is it?
I just suddenly have an urge to get a rose scneted toner.....
Very Happy
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Wow anything from Santa Maria Novella seems so exotic! With there reputation I am sure the Rose Water will make an excellent toner!

I have used Cellcosmet Toner....I liked it but it did leave my skin clear but a tad sticky...but most toners do that to me so who know!
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I'd like to try Vital Falls too!

Can you girls tell me what it does to your skin? Surprised
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:55 am      Reply with quote
I just love rose water mist as a toner and the best part is that it can be used any time of the day for a quick "fresh me up".

5% products discount

Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Avene toner is my all time favourite! It's very mild!
Another toner that I like is Kiehl's rose water (without alcohol), I put it in a spray container to use as refreshener in my office too!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I love Dr H clarifying toner or my own homemade ACV toner.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
Yes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Ive been really impressed with Liz Earle's Instant boost tonic... it's alcohol free...smells lovely and feels soft and non drying Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
roadtonowhere wrote:
Yes!

Carekate: Another stupid question, do you know how harsh/drying rose water is? (if it is drying at all) My skin cannot tolerate very harsh things...
thanks
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi’ya~ Can I have a Toner 101 here?

I haven't used a toner prior to two weeks ago since high school’s Sea Breeze...that was a toner, no? I had in my head that toner was solely for closing pores and/or getting the last bit of whatever off the skin from cleansing. But this is not correct I gather from this forum.

My impression was that, aside from astringents, if so contained, a toner didn't have much use besides the pleasure factors (not to be underrated) of a nice scent and the misting sensation. I have associated toner as water (vinegar, witch-hazel, alcohol) infused or combined with ingredients...not unlike tea or lemonade. So I can kinda see benefits depending on what is added...but the price? I've viewed toner as a bonus but not necessity...like lighting a scented candle when taking a bath.

Intrigued by this thread, last night I searched for "use of toner", "necessity of toner" and “application of toner” but didn’t find info. to answer this question....what benefits does one get from toner (astringent aside)? And have you all always used toner or did this forum or ones like it draw you to it (as it did me)? I recently bought toner for the pleasure factor (and love it) but diluted it because I thought $20 for 4 oz. of basically "pineapple linen water" was silly. I'm not asking for justification, just your opinion based on experience ~ I value this info. tia!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I love Paula's Choice skin balancing toner.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Dr. Haushka toners. They are non-drying and doesnt contain any alchohol

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
If you're sensitive, go for Mario Badescu's non alcoholic toner: http://www.mariobadescu.com/productDetail.asp?ProductID=17

I use it to exfoliate flaking skin from Tretinoin the night before Smile it's not harsh AT ALL Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:39 am      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
carekate wrote:
roadtonowhere wrote:
Yes!

Carekate: Another stupid question, do you know how harsh/drying rose water is? (if it is drying at all) My skin cannot tolerate very harsh things...
I haven't personally used Rose Water as a toner but my understanding is that it would be very gentle simply based on the ingredients, or lack thereof! There’s just simply nothing harsh about it.

A suggestion for making a simple rose water toner even more soothing and gentle would be to mix it with some aloe vera juice (you can buy it at health food stores in the nutritional supplements aisle – apparently if you drink it at works as a sort of colonic).

CyndiK. wrote:
Hi’ya~ Can I have a Toner 101 here?
You might want to check out these threads for past discussions regarding the benefits of using a toner and the whole alcohol vs. no alcohol issue:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9304&highlight=toner
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10514&highlight=toner
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7590&highlight=toner
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7884&highlight=toner
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4467&highlight=toner
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4881&highlight=toner

For the record, here’s your brief toner synopsis:

hpjrt wrote:
Now, don't take this as gospel ... because I could be wrong on this ... Laughing ... but I think we use toner for all the reasons you listed ... plus a couple more.

1. It will take care of any possible residue left from the cleansing stage.

2. It "conditions" the skin in preparation for the other products that you will use.

3. It helps to add both moisture and nourishing elements to the skin. [For some, particularly at night, toner is the only moisturizer that will be used.]

4. Because of the cooling aspect of it, it might help to tighten pores.

5. There is almost always some degree of astringent action of toners ... and in the case of problem skin, this action helps to clear up spots along with the pore tightening that toners have.

As you can see ... none of those reasons is postulated in a scientific manner ... but that's what I think toners do for the skin.

I'm sure that there are other, more scientific reasons that toners are used ... and hopefully others will post them. Laughing

In addition to everything that Mary listed, toner also helps restore the Ph balance to your skin following cleansing so the acid mantle is maintained. I think just about everybody who’s been around here for a while already knows my feeling regarding the necessity of using a toner and which one that I use! Very Happy

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |