Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best wet shine lipstick for dark lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Hey Everyone,
I am an Indian origin girl with brown complexion and dark colored lips.
I am looking for good shiny lipstick. When I see people wearing lipstick in pink and peach color which is very shiny almost having wet look I really wish to have same look I tried so many lipstick but cant copy the same look.

As my lips are dark, shiny lipstick doesn't give me coverage. And if I first apply lipstick then gloss over it, lipstick remove very easily and very soon and leave mark on cups,glass and food ..everything that comes in contact with my lips..which is very embarrassing.

Could you please recommend me for my lips that give coverage for my dark lips and wet like shine for my lips.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ritas, You may want to try the LIPFUSION XL - if you have not done so. It is a clear plumping lipgloss which does a nice job of plumping up my lips giving them a moist and healthy look even without adding on a lip color.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
On my experience it's not easy to cover you lip color if only apply for lipgloss.you'd better use the lipstick first then use the tissue to press on the lip,if you like do it again,then use lip gloss on it,it will make the lipcolor pretty and last for a long time. Smile
mjlover
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I use a lip stain (i love the revlon LE ones) and then gloss over the top. That way the stain gives you a nice bright colour and the gloss gives you a shine.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
To get the look you want I think you'll have to use a lipstick, then a lipgloss. I'd recommend Clinque Long Last lipsticks-- very pigmented and the STAY all day. Then you could use a clear gloss over the top for the shine you want. Maybe something like Bigelow Mentha lip shine, from Bath and Body works.
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hey All,

Thnx so much for your suggestions.
MJlover ,I like the idea of using lip stain first then lip gloss over it. Though I've never tried lip stain..I tried cover girl 2in 1 long last lipstick with shine dont know if its lip stain or not but gave me very cracky dry paint look which was very embarrassing and had really bad experience with it.

Beautydream and violettane With normal lipstick, if i apply gloss over it i just eat my lipstick within 15 min..
This week I am going to sephora and will try vincent logo lipstain as suggested by one of member and will apply gloss over it.

Lifeisbeautyful, Just a quick question about lipfusion...Is it for aging lips or anybody can use it. I am 29 yr old. Is there any side effect of prolong use of lip plumper?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hey All,
Yesterday I bought Vincent Longo lipstain in mysunshine and Cupids Breath. and salley hansen 's lip inflation.
Lip inflation did nthing to me but yeah i like the sensation it caused to my lips.
I like vincent Longo lipstain alot. My DH also complimented for it. But i was expecting more out it. Actually my lips are very dark pigmented so all the shades i tried in vincent longos are really dark on me.I was thinking baby boo would be on lighter on pinkish shade but it was more of purple on me Sad which was not looking good.
So i end up buying mysunshine and Cupids Breath though it is looking really pretty and natural and i'll add it to my HG list but still i was looking for some light nude shade.
I know its almost impossible to have lighter nude shade (in pinky or peachy shade) on my pigmented lips..but I am still waiting for some MIRACLE Pray .
May be i'll find one in the market someday and till then i'll keep trying..if anyone got any solution pls let me know.....

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ritas, sorry for my late reply. Yes I believe there is some long term effect on using lip plumpers. I switched to using another lip balm instead of the LIPFUSION XL for the last few days and I am already seeing some 'deflation' (wrinkles coming back Crying or Very sad ) on my lips.

I have not tried lipstains before - can you tell me if the Vincent Longo is drying compared to a regular lipstick or lipgloss? Do you need to put anything on top of the stain?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I say just stay as close to your own natural lip shade as possible. This is what will truly look best on you. Lips are meant to be rosy.
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
lifeisbeautiful wrote:
Hi ritas, sorry for my late reply. Yes I believe there is some long term effect on using lip plumpers. I switched to using another lip balm instead of the LIPFUSION XL for the last few days and I am already seeing some 'deflation' (wrinkles coming back Crying or Very sad ) on my lips.

I have not tried lipstains before - can you tell me if the Vincent Longo is drying compared to a regular lipstick or lipgloss? Do you need to put anything on top of the stain?

Hey Lifeisbeautiful,
thnx for ur reply.
Vincent longo compare to creme lipstick or lipgloss is definitely drier but compare to other lipstains or long lasting lipstick it is not at all.
I dont apply anything on top of this lipstain and yet gives very smooth and clean application asif i hvenot wore anything on my lips and lips r naturally like that and i really like that feeling.
But ofcourse at the end of day u do need to remove it completely and apply lipbalm at night otherwise u'll have drier lips.
What I do is after cleaning my lips completely at night I apply Vaseline on my old toothbrush and brush my lips lightly for 1 min then leave them like that for whole night.
It makes my lips very smooth and in better color and ready to have next application of lipstain next day. I saw this tip on youtube and its really helpful Smile
HTH

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |