Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Seeking Carol's Daughter reviews - anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
So I did a search, and there are a few really short-lived threads about Carol's Daughter haircare products, but they all ended after four posts or so and no one had actually tried the products yet. I read the Organic Beauty Expert article, but I'm lookin' for some nice, trustworthy EDS feedback. Has anyone tried any of this line, and could they vouch for any of it? I'm really interested in giving it a try, but I wanted feedback first if possible. Thanks!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ginnie! I'm not sure whether or not to give the yay or nay to Carol's Daughter's products. On the one hand, they smell totally fabulous--- my sister is addicted to the Mango Melange scent, and my husband swears up and down that the Almond Cookie body butter is one of the best creams he's ever smelled, however, I've heard from various people that they tend to go bad fairly quickly, and since it does take some time for me to work my way through a jar of product, that has put me off of buying their stuff as of yet. I would personally recommend starting out with Shea Terra Organics--- I've never been wowed so quickly by a line of natural bath and body products. (And I can't WAIT to get my hands on a jar of that Nubian Milk Chocolate shea body butter!!^-^)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for weighing in, Liz! I too gathered the short shelf life claim, and I'm generally too lazy to bother making a trip to the fridge for product, so I never refrigerate stuff even when I should. And I'd hate to spend $20 on a conditioner that went rotten before I was at least mostly done with it.

You did get me hooked on Shea Terra with your description - I have two shower gels and an oil spray coming my way. The smells of products are what gets me the most, so that's part of what drew me into looking at Carol's Daughter - but I'll stick with longer-lasting stuff until I hear some better reviews!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Thanks for weighing in, Liz! I too gathered the short shelf life claim, and I'm generally too lazy to bother making a trip to the fridge for product, so I never refrigerate stuff even when I should. And I'd hate to spend $20 on a conditioner that went rotten before I was at least mostly done with it.

You did get me hooked on Shea Terra with your description - I have two shower gels and an oil spray coming my way. The smells of products are what gets me the most, so that's part of what drew me into looking at Carol's Daughter - but I'll stick with longer-lasting stuff until I hear some better reviews!

Ooh--- I've been eyeing those shower gels, so please let me know what you think! What scents did you get?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I think I got the papaya/mango one, and also one of the black soap ones (the one with lemongrass, I think). I was hoping there would be a chocolatey or vanilla one, but that seems limited to scrubs and lotions, sadly.

lola
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I have the Carol's Daughter Hair Milk and I LOVE it! It's a wonderful mix of natural oils and it works wonders on hair. The only thing is you don't want to put this on fine hair or hair that gets weighed down easily. It's perfect for me because I have very thick wavy/curly hair and even so I have to use very little, about a pea size amount (my hair is almost waist length). It moisturizes very well and it helps with the strong humidity in South Florida where I live.
My cousinn who has very tight curly medium texture hair uses this as well. She puts it on her hair when it's wet and lets it air dry....her curls dry in perfect ringlets.

Have a great Day! Smile Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Oooh, lola, now you have me wanting this stuff. That's probably the first product I would start with if I got anything, as I have thick, dry, coarse wavy hair that I sometimes scrunch for curls and sometimes iron straight. Sounds like this stuff would be great on curly/wavy days! Do you have a sense of whether the short shelf life claims are true?

lola
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, I've had the Hair Milk I think it's been at least 7 months and it's fine! It sits in my bathroom with all of my hair stuff and it smells the same way it did when I bought it......Delicious. I guess only time will tell. Even if it goes bad in another 2 months, it's been very well worth it and I would buy it again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Cool, I'll have to give this a try, then. Thanks for your feedback!

ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't yet made any Carol's Daughter purchases, because I was hoping to do MUA swaps before investing in her products. What I'm really after is the Hair Milk, but I wound up swapping for a bottle of her Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner.

It's... weird, but delicious, haha. The formula is completely and totally liquid, and it doesn't seem to have any actual oils or emollients or detanglers in it. So it's just a bottle of amazing-smelling hair water, or tonic, I suppose. But the scent is to die for -- like the true vanilla scent you get when you open a jar of actual vanilla beans. My boyfriend went nuts complimenting me on it, and he has a really poor sense of smell due to having been a smoker for years, so that also tells me that the scent is STRONG. But in a good way, IMO. Smile I just wouldn't wear a conflicting perfume.

I couldn't figure out how to apply the stuff -- the first time I tried, I washed and conditioned my hair like normal, and then I sort of tried to saturate my hair with this while I was in the shower, and then blot dry. I think the towel got more conditioner than my hair, and it really didn't seem to do that much for my texture, etc. -- it's ever so slightly sticky, but it didn't really enhance curl like most leave-in conditioners do for me. It honestly didn't do much of anything at all, other than make me smell good. I guess it did also give my hair a bit more texture than normal, but nothing like using a product specifically to create texture.

But I was determined to enjoy it, if nothing else, for the scent! I used to make a concoction that was basically a little bit of glycerine diluted in water, and spray that onto my hair to enhance wave/curl and to keep my itchy scalp calm. So I decided to try decanting this stuff into a spray bottle and adding a bit of glycerine. I think I may have added a teeny bit too MUCH glycerine, so I'm going to dilute it, but it's definitely much easier to apply now. I will probably repurchase this stuff with the idea of using it as a hair fragrance, since the scents are all natural which is hard to find in hair fragrance products (at least I think it is -- I can really only think of two such products, a version of Chanel Allure they made, and some old L'Oreal sprays that were supposed to help your hair smell less smoky after a night at a bar or club, etc.).

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy review that doesn't actually say much in the end, haha. Does anyone else have experience with this specific type of her leave-in conditioners (i.e. the not-really-conditioning ones)? Or for any of her other stuff, for that matter? Very Happy

doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased the Jamaican Punch natural spray. Love the spicy scent. All the ingredients listed are "Fragrance oils in an alcohol dilutant". I spent time sniffing all the C.D. products at Sephora and found the scents to be great.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |