Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

100% Pure Essential Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
lately my friends and i been crazy over about the wonders that 100% Pure Essential Oil can do to our skin.

1 of them willing be going US in Oct, hence wondering if anyone know where to find 100% Pure Essential Oil in US?

tia. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Hey rainbow, there are so many ways pure EOs can be beneficial to your skin. With the exception of lavendar oil, all of them have to be diluted first. Which one did you have in mind? Rather than purchase EO's locally, I save a lot of money by ordering them online from reputable vendors. Does your country limit importation of essential oils? If not, here are a couple of sources I've personally shopped. My overall favorite for EO's and hydrosols iswww.mountainroseherbs.com. I like them best because they offer organic EO's and have a wonderful selection of tea.

Another great source for EO's in addition to a ton of other actives iswww.gardenofwisdom.com

HTH!

athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
athena123 ~ thanks babe! i am still pretty new to EO, currently i am using lavendar, tea tree and chamomile oil.

actually there are quite a few stores that are selling EO over at my side.however, they are all kinda of pricey partly due to the import of the goods etc. thats why been thinking if it could be cheaper if over at US.

can i check with you, how fast do you usually received your order from
[www.mountainroseherbs.com]? how is their customer service?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
rainbow, I received my product within a week after placing the order. Paid for priority shipping; they shipped within 24 hours of placing the order. Their CS could use some improvement, however. I sent them an email prior to placing the order and it took them 4 days to get back to me.

link to their international order policy...
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/order/internat.html

To give you an idea of the money I saved -- they sell .5 oz. organic lemon EO for $5.75 USD. I'd pay close to 15.00 for the same amount of lemon oil at my local healthfood store and it wouldn't even be certified organic!

Good luck! Smile

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
tea tree oil doesnt need to be diluted. I always use them directly on my acne.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 ~ ohh.. thanks so much! the information you provided is very useful for me! this is indeed alot of savings. i will most certainly be sending them an email soon.

no doubt some of the stores @ my place does indicate that they are certified organic but they only carry limited range. often those more rare ones are heavily mark-up.

what other EO are u using at the moment? do you use it alone or with your moisturizer?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
tea tree oil doesnt need to be diluted. I always use them directly on my acne.

You're quite correct grace, I can also use undiluted tea tree oil on my face but since rainbow indicated she has sensitive skin in her siggie....

I'll qualify my statement in the interest of accuracy and in the battle against disinformation! Very Happy

Lavendar oil is one of the only EO's that can safely be used on facial skin without any dilution for all skin types. There are, however, exceptions to every rule and a patch test is recommended if using EO's for the first time. Those lucky ladies who are slightly oily or have thicker skin can also safely use tea tree oil in it's undiluted form. Those with sensitive skin may need to dilute tea tree oil for facial use.

athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
rainbow_listic wrote:
athena123 ~ ohh.. thanks so much! the information you provided is very useful for me! this is indeed alot of savings. i will most certainly be sending them an email soon.

no doubt some of the stores @ my place does indicate that they are certified organic but they only carry limited range. often those more rare ones are heavily mark-up.

what other EO are u using at the moment? do you use it alone or with your moisturizer?

You're welcome rainbow! In most cases, I use EO's as an ingredient in my simple DIY concoctions. The only ones I use neat [as is] are lavendar and tea tree oils neat to treat blemishes and scars.

If you have drier skin, I'm not sure what to recommend although I'm pretty certain lavendar will be a safe bet. One of the carrier oils I've heard work very well for drier and sensitive skin is rosehip seed oil. Hopefully some ladies with your skin type will be able to contribute to this.

rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
ohh... i have just ordered rosehip oil last week. ha.. still waiting for it to reach me. Laughing cant wait to start trying out those.

actually my skin is of combination, drying @ the cheek and oily over @ the t-zone area.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
be careful with rosehip oil, do not use it on active acne, and some people can be very sensative with that eo and it can cause some to get breakouts, make sure you dilute it well with a carrier oil.hth

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |