Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Japan Eyelashes Perming
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
winwin_tan
5% products discount

Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
hihi...is anyone try the Japan eyelashes perm? the curl is really natural...

5% products discount

Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Is there a difference between the Japanese eyelash perming and the other ones?
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I think normal eyelash curling just uses curling rods - the lady who does mine (who is Japanese in London) uses rods but also curls each one individually with a thin wooden stick.

It's actually Korean eyelash perming that they do in Japan.
winwin_tan
5% products discount

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
i'm not sure is same or not?i hv try to do for my customer,all of them hv a good satisfaction.is really different with other eyelashes perm.the curl is really natural.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Shock Eye lash perm ?
Do they actually use perm lotion of some kind ?
A lash curler is so quick and easy to use.I guess I dont see the point.
Linda
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I had my eyelash permed for once, I am not sure if it is the same as Japanese one or not.
But I did not like that, I prefer using curling rods.
ddang
5% products discount

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
Shock Eye lash perm ?
Do they actually use perm lotion of some kind ?
A lash curler is so quick and easy to use.I guess I dont see the point.
Linda

Sometimes lash curlers just dont work! (Well on me anyways Sad ) They'll stay curled until mascara hits them or deflate throughout the day w/o mascara.
juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Is it dangerous? I'd love to have permanently curled lashes, but I don't want to risk eye damage from stray perm solution. Also, is there risk of damaging your lashes? Everyone was all hyped for the lash extensions and then later people learned that the extensions often took your lashes with them when they fell out.
juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
OK, so I was really skeptical, but with my longer lashes (thanks Carrie!) I thought it would be fun to have them effortlessly curly.

So I got my eyelashes permed and it turned out great. They say that the solution is totally safe for your eyes and skin (I'm not sticking any in my eye to verify). They have little foam tubes that are sticky. They stick them to the base of your eyelid, right above you lashes and then stick your lashes onto the foam rods. Then you open your eyes to make sure they didn't stick your lower lashes by mistake. After that they apply a stinky solution and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. They they apply another solution for 5-10 minutes. After that they clean you up and you're all done in less than 30 minutes total.

My lashes turned out great. They curl gently up (instead of sticking straight out like they used to). It starts to fade after 2 weeks. Since it's $35-45 in my area, I don't know if it's worthwhile since I'd be spending over $100 bucks a month. I might just do it as an occasional treat.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know where I can get this done in the Vancouver Canada area?
juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:26 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get this done in the Vancouver Canada area?

I can give you a list of places in Seattle, if you ever come down here. Let me know if you find anyplace really good in Vancouver ... I'm thinking about going up there for a shopping trip and a visit to EDS.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Julie, what are you using for longer lashes?
Very Happy
I have been using JM for about four months or more, but it is stinging the eyes too much, even with a tiny application. I am tired of walking around with red itchy eyes (Demon be gone LOL) Embarassed
luvmakeup1000
5% products discount

Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I googled lash perm for my area and got a few salons that did it. I have short straight lashes, so when I got it done, it was really nice because once I put on mascara you could actually see I had lashes!! It lasted about 3 weeks for me. It's humid here, so even when I would curl them before it wouldn't stay curled so this was great. I wouldn't do it all the time but for the holidays when you have lots of parties and places to go it's fun.
juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Pippi_Plum wrote:
Julie, what are you using for longer lashes?
Very Happy
I have been using JM for about four months or more, but it is stinging the eyes too much, even with a tiny application. I am tired of walking around with red itchy eyes (Demon be gone LOL) Embarassed

I've been using a lash serum created by someone on the forum, CareKate. You can PM her for details.

It works really well. It stings if I put on too much and accidentally get some in my eye, but I almost never do that (and I rinse right away when I do). I haven't tried JM so I don't know if it's more or less irritating.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Julie, I'm glad you came back and posted the outcome of your lash perming experience. I remember having it done once too a few years ago... I happened to just be at the salon for a pedicure (this little Japanese place in Sydney's CBD was the best kept little secret a friend of mine let out)... a lady had just had her lashes permed and I was just stunned how amazing they looked. I said to the ladies, "I'll have that please !". Shock Laughing

I remember the solution being gentle but reminiscent of ammonia, but I loved the results too!!! I think I would go get it done for a treat every now and then, not something I'd schedule regularly.

These days, waterproof mascara and a good curl with eyelash curler is the only thing that keeps my dead straight Asian lashes up and staying up!!! Cool
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |