Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DHC Multi-Product Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
First off, I have to say what a great company DHC is-- CS: they answered some questions I had promptly via email. Shipping: free shipping on orders over $75, plus they shipped my package the SAME DAY I ordered it, and it came two days later! Products: they put on monthly sales, so I can save on what I need, but still get top notch products.

Ok, so my order included Deep Cleansing Oil: A lot of you already know about this product, but it's one I order again and again. It removes makeup, sunscreen, anything you have on your face that you want off. It also helps to keep the oilies away on my combo skin, and cleanses away any blackheads I might have on my nose.

I also ordered Emollient Balm for a daily moisturizer. Its texture is light, but my skin drinks it up. It has a ton of skin quenching ingredients-- olive oil, squalene, hydrolyzed collagen, royal jelly, and the list goes on. The natural scent of the product put me off a bit-- I don't even know how to describe it. It almost smells like milk. But the scent doesn't stay on my skin. The packaging on this is wonderful too-- it comes in an elegant frosted glass bottle. Not good for traveling, but looks great on my vanity!

Balancing Lotion: I ordered this toner because it has glycolic acid in it, and it supposed to control excess sebum production. I've noticed that since using this, my skin is more even-toned and a scant less oily on my t-zone. It has no scent whatsoever, which I guess is a draw back because I like my toners to have a nice scent. The packaging on this one I'm not sure about-- it comes in a heavy frosted glass bottle, and you have to shake it out onto a cotton pad. If I order this again, I don't think I'll order the big 6oz bottle, but the 'triple minis' which are in little plastic bottles.

I also tried a couple of their boosters-- the Vitamin B and the Hyaluronic acid powders. These are interesting, powder to liquid products. I haven't quite got the hang of how I want to use them. I've been mixing the B powder with the emollient balm in the morning (it's supposed to control sebum production with B3). I haven't gotten any new blemishes since I've been doing this, and my skin stays matte longer. I've tried spot treating but the product dissolves in my palm before I have chance to get it on my face. The hyaluronic acid I'm kind of saving for the winter months. I have used it once, mixed with moisturizer, and it left my skin very smooth and plump.

Ok, and the BEST product I ordered was the Q10 Moist Color Base spf 30+ in beige. They market this as a color correcting makeup base, but it's so much more than that. It comes in a few different colors-- pink, yellow, green, beige, and apricot. I was torn between the latter two, but I emailed them with some questions on which would be best for my skintone, and they suggested the beige, which is meant to even out all skintones. I think the best part about this stuff is the sun protection. It has 20% zinc oxide and 12.3% titanium dioxide. I use a small bit of this after moisturizing. It's sort of thin, and a little goes a long way. To me, the beige is almost like a tinted moisturizer. It covers flaws, evens out skin tone... I feel like I could use this as my makeup and nothing else. It also has a lot of great ingredients-- co-Q10, olive oil, alpha-arbutin... I still want to try the apricot, which is supposed to 'enliven pale complexions' and was hoping to get a sample with my order, but they were out of stock!

DHC is such a no frills skincare company, and I love that their products are affordable. I received all of this for under $100. I'm already seeing a cumulative effect of using these products on my skin-- it's more even toned, moisturized, and bright (and I know you're all wondering-- no breakouts Smile ). And if you don't already, you should definitely subscribe to their monthly catalog-- it comes with up to three free samples of their newest and sale products.
www.dhccare.com
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I agree~
I have been getting thier catalog for over a year. The samples are great. There are only one or two products I personally couldn't use,but one the whole,this is a very nice line. I plan to keep using when my samples run out.
Good results,moderately priced and not too many preservatives.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
ajax wrote:
I agree~
I have been getting thier catalog for over a year. The samples are great. There are only one or two products I personally couldn't use,but one the whole,this is a very nice line. I plan to keep using when my samples run out.
Good results,moderately priced and not too many preservatives.

Do you have any favorite products?
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Let me see if I can remember....I have been spoiled with the samples I get,and honestly haven't purchsed anything for awhile!!

I know I liked their cleansing oil,protein gel,cleansing foam,seaweed concentrate,Q10ceramide quick,and their peptide cream.I have also used the hair treatment oil and LOVE it.

My favorites have been their extra nighttime moisture(very basic,sinks in well,light)and am seriously thinking about purchasing their Platinum silver nanocoloid cream. I figure I better purchase something soon or I may not keep getting catalogs! Smile

The ones I haven't been impressed with are the wrinkle filler, and the sunscreens(too heavy and left a white film) I also didn't like the Organic Kelp Gel....very sticky and I didn't see results(?).

I hope this isn't too hard to read....I was just sort of thinking of products as I thought of them~
Lisa

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have been hit and miss with them. I liked the Cleansing Oil at first, then did not. I do like the Whipped Cleansing Oil, I can throw that in my travel bag without spill worries ( I travel almost weekly for work).

I got the Q10 base in Beige and Yellow - neither worked for me although they felt good on the skin. The beige was just not right and the yellow made my face too pale.

I like the Mild Lotion toner. I love their little lip palettes (Trial size for $2.50) you get 6 colors (I am going from memory) and they last awhile. Easy to throw in the purse.

I, occasionally, use the Rich Moisture thing (white lotion) {again from memory}. I tried the Q10 but did not like it and have a full bottle sitting here. My daughter liked their balancing lotion and oil free moisturizer. I used the Virgin Olive Oil and it was ok.

I do like trying their samples. One they sent last month was awful though - the smell was so nasty - I cannot remember what it was - maybe protein gel?

I tried their Neck Peptide thing and it broke me out. I gave it away.

I think that is it.

Deb
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
damblues wrote:
I have been hit and miss with them. I liked the Cleansing Oil at first, then did not. I do like the Whipped Cleansing Oil, I can throw that in my travel bag without spill worries ( I travel almost weekly for work).

I got the Q10 base in Beige and Yellow - neither worked for me although they felt good on the skin. The beige was just not right and the yellow made my face too pale.

I like the Mild Lotion toner. I love their little lip palettes (Trial size for $2.50) you get 6 colors (I am going from memory) and they last awhile. Easy to throw in the purse.

I, occasionally, use the Rich Moisture thing (white lotion) {again from memory}. I tried the Q10 but did not like it and have a full bottle sitting here. My daughter liked their balancing lotion and oil free moisturizer. I used the Virgin Olive Oil and it was ok.

I do like trying their samples. One they sent last month was awful though - the smell was so nasty - I cannot remember what it was - maybe protein gel?

I tried their Neck Peptide thing and it broke me out. I gave it away.

I think that is it.

Deb

They did send the protein gel last month. I tried it-- didn't so much notice the smell... I tried the Royel Jelly extract-- that was smelly.

I want to try the rose treatment oil and rose face mist stuff. They look so decadent, but I wonder if all they do if just smell nice, or if they actually do anything for the skin.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Royal Jelly - YES that was it. Didn't that smell horrible? I would not want to put that on my face every night. Blech..

I forgot to add the Hair Brushing Foam (YUK made my hair sticky) and the new Hair oil thing they sent out a few months ago (another YUK for me)

BUT I love the cotton pads!! Those are the best I have ever used. I would like to try the Emollient Balm...have you tried that?

Deb
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
I relly love dhc deep cleanisng oil. it can remove impuruties and makeup and water sunscreen very well but leave my skin soft not dryness.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
damblues wrote:
Royal Jelly - YES that was it. Didn't that smell horrible? I would not want to put that on my face every night. Blech..

I forgot to add the Hair Brushing Foam (YUK made my hair sticky) and the new Hair oil thing they sent out a few months ago (another YUK for me)

BUT I love the cotton pads!! Those are the best I have ever used. I would like to try the Emollient Balm...have you tried that?

Deb

Yes, I reviewed it in this thread. Smile
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:19 am      Reply with quote
[quote="violetanne

Yes, I reviewed it in this thread. Smile[/quote]

LOL - I missed that. You sure did. It is on sale this month (Sept) and I was really interested. I keep trying different moisturizers although I keep going back to Complex 15, my skin keeps soaking it up in certain areas (my temples and forehead seem drier isn't that odd?)

Thanks and sorry I missed it.

Deb
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |