Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Does anyone know a homemade solution for milia?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
michealjackson
5% products discount

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have had milia for about 2 years and was wondering if there was any homemade solutions for this.
michealjackson
5% products discount

Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Anyone know? Sad
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I don't have many solutions for ya, as I'm not affected by milia, but I can tip you off to a few easier ways to do EDS searches. Smile I'm assuming you searched for "milia" and didn't come up with anything - since you're a newish member I hope you don't mind the pointers! (For me, it took me well over a month to figure out the most effective ways to do searches here.)

Once you've entered the term in the search query box, make sure to click "search for all terms" if it's a multi-word entry (not applicable here, but useful in general). Also, in the "forum" row under "Search Options", try clicking "search topic title only". That way you will receive threads that are specifically about milia.

When I did this, I came up with several milia threads. Unfortunately I can't link to this index directly, as you have to re-perform the search to get there - but hopefully this helps. I know it's a lot of info to wade through in order to find answers, but I hope that this will be a good start for you! And if not, at least my reply will bump your thread up in the queue in case anyone sees this and shares some more info. Smile Good luck!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I rarely get them, but once I do, they refuse to go away unless I get a lance and extract it. Sephora sells them, as does EDS through Tweezerman. But you have to be careful and gentle and clean, otherwise you'll infect the area.

5% products discount

Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:25 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I don't have many solutions for ya, as I'm not affected by milia, but I can tip you off to a few easier ways to do EDS searches. Smile I'm assuming you searched for "milia" and didn't come up with anything - since you're a newish member I hope you don't mind the pointers! (For me, it took me well over a month to figure out the most effective ways to do searches here.)

Once you've entered the term in the search query box, make sure to click "search for all terms" if it's a multi-word entry (not applicable here, but useful in general). Also, in the "forum" row under "Search Options", try clicking "search topic title only". That way you will receive threads that are specifically about milia.

When I did this, I came up with several milia threads. Unfortunately I can't link to this index directly, as you have to re-perform the search to get there - but hopefully this helps. I know it's a lot of info to wade through in order to find answers, but I hope that this will be a good start for you! And if not, at least my reply will bump your thread up in the queue in case anyone sees this and shares some more info. Smile Good luck!
Thank you. This kind of helped. I guess I'll be trying out the aspirin mask.

skim wrote:
I rarely get them, but once I do, they refuse to go away unless I get a lance and extract it. Sephora sells them, as does EDS through Tweezerman. But you have to be careful and gentle and clean, otherwise you'll infect the area.
Do you know how much it would cost for someone to extract them for me?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:58 am      Reply with quote
You will love the aspirin mask. I use it twice a week and if cleans my pores out and brightens my complexion better than any cleanser/mask/cream I've tried.
As for getting them extracted, why don't you try going to an esthetician for a facial. Part of a facial is an extraction, where they squeeze all the gunk out of your pores. I've gone before and it cost me about $75.
michealjackson
5% products discount

Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Can I put the aspirin mask under my eyes, because that's where my milia is at. Where can I find uncoated aspirin?
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Interesting! As I just got my first one. I was going to go to a beautician to have it removed. I dont even know what they are, but I it has only appeared since i started using eye cream Rolling Eyes
Good luck with yours.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
michealjackson wrote:
Can I put the aspirin mask under my eyes, because that's where my milia is at. Where can I find uncoated aspirin?

Well I wouldn't get the mask too close to your eyes. I happened to get a bit in my eye last night while I was sitting with a mask on, and boy oh boy did it ever burn. But I do apply my mask pretty close to my eyes because I used to have a few small white dots under my eyes that have finally disappered and I don't want them to come back.
I buy the big no-name brand (Equate) at Wal-mart but you can also buy uncoated aspirin at any pharmacy.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Here's a few threads on milia. One of them even suggests baby shampoo?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4317
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1803
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8776
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=228
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1159
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9575
There are tons more if you do a seach but this will get you started. Smile
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
thank you, Diana P., for listing so many places to read about milia. It's a big help!
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I was so tired of that milia by my(eye) tear duct. I cleansed the area and used the point of very sharp little scissors. The skin stretches and it was hard to do.The little white ball moves around. Then I had a ugly little scab for my efforts.I would suggest to leave it to the professionals. My budget would not allow that and I tend to be a DIYer,so I was very careful.
I am going to try the aspirin mask with a q-tip to keep it away.
Yvetteski
5% products discount

Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Have you had your cholesterol checked? If the milia are around your eyes, they might actually be deposits indicative of high cholesterol.
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:25 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest changing your moisturiser/ eye cream. This got rid of mine.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Well, after all that carefully trying not to poke my eye. Brick wall That little milia is back,only much smaller.
Thank you for mentioning the chloresterol info.
I have stopped using creams close to that area.
Now back to reading all the info here on EDS.
Blinky
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Depending where your milia are, you can either:

A. go to a dermatologist and get his recommendations if they're around the eye area or

B. try a well formulated beta hydroxy acid like one from Paula's Choice if you have milia on the cheek(s).
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know a homemade solution for Milia but I am wondering if Jan Marini's Bio Glycolic Eye Cream would help. Some time ago I tried this resurfacing cream (I don't have Milia). It is quite strong yet made for the eye area. I am wondering if it would exfoliate the eye area to release the Milia. Milia is plaque. JM Eye Cream boasts to attack fat deposits around the eye. EDS does carry it:

Quote:
Bioglycolic Eye Cream is a resurfacing agent specifically formulated to address the eye area. The cream has a unique barrier emollient that helps to lubricate and protect the thinner skin in the eye area. In addition, benefits of the glycolic acid have been greatly enhanced by incorporating ingredients that mimic the water attracting characteristics of substances in the intercellular matrix of the skin. However, the most advanced and exciting aspect of this phenomenal formula is a new ingredient that has a lipolytic effect in fat pockets in the lower eyelids. Simply put, lipolysis is the process which enables tissues to release fat cells in areas that are resistant to fat metabolism. Studies at UCLA also indicate that this same substance inhibits free radicals and stimulates fibroblasts, thus leading to regeneration of connective tissues. As a result, Bioglycolic Eye Cream has genuine contouring and rejuvenating characteristics that surpass anything cosmetically available.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, Thank you for the suggestion. It sounds like amazing stuff.
I will be checking it out.
Linda
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |