Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Sweaty palms and Wet Feet problem
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I get this even when nervous and also alot of the times when not nervous. Be it winter or summer it happens constantly.

I dont so much mind the sweaty palms. But i mind the bottom of the feet as it stops me wearing heeels or open sandles or open shoes with heeels. Cause when they are sweaty the feet would slip alot or slide forward alot and i end up with blisters from all the rubbing

It is quite bad on feet lol on worse days if i would walk on a wooden floor it would leave footprints Exclamation Confused

SO i just wear socks and closed shoes for now but ooh when something comes up and i have to wear nice shoes it is anoying to end up with blisters and i worry what the hell m i gonna do.

I tried putting baby powder in my shoes but on sandles that would look weird and it DOES NOT WORK and closed shoes with wet feet and baby powder it creates a right mess!

I saw a foot spray/cream on EDS for sweaty feet once while browsing i forgot the name, il try and look that up again but wondering if anyone else has similar problem.

And of advice as to what would be good to use for this?

I have graduation coming up soon and i want to wear nice shoes with heeels on a dresss. Wearing heels for long time gives sore foot at the end of the day but to add blisters and skin coming off Yikes. Crying or Very sad

Please help
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Try a spray antiperspirant, like for underarms. Try it out before the big event. If that doesn't work try the mineral antiperspirant stones that they have in health food stores. Failing that, I've heard Botox works if you're really desperate.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
My doctor recommends Botox also.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps you could also try something natural like Rescue Remedy which promotes inner calm since this happens when you are nervous.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
i want to avoid botox if possible. I mean i have had tests before for this to see if i have some problem internally for the sweat glands forgot the proper name for it but the doc said both times the tests came out normal. And the doc said so it is normal its just the body cooling itself down or whatever Confused So i dont want to try botox and want to avoid it if possible cause it might cause an adverse reaction.

But a temporary method which stops this for a couple of hours or so is what m looking for.

Ok i found this spray which i saw on EDS a couple of months ago.

M wondering if anyone has tried it and if its any good?

Allpresan 5 - Foot Foam for Sweaty Feet
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
just bumping this up so i can get more feedback on this Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Are you thinking of HIDRASOL? It's a liquid that controls Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). Check with a doctor or nurse practitioner to see if it would be indicated for you.
I also heard Botox helps
HTH
fawnie

Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
What about By142 Moisture Aborb? It's a pleasant smelling (orange oil) talc and mineral oil free lotion with anti-bacterial properties that helps to absorb excess moisture on the skin instantaneously.

According to the product description, it can be used to "combat sweat palms, on the entire foot to absorb excess perspiration, around the décolletage, to improve grip for athletes/chefs/etc. or to clean and/or dry hands in place of using paper towels. (It should not be used under the arms as these are hormonal glands.)"

It was featured in the August 07 issue of O Magazine, though:
    "We like to think of ourselves as cool, calm and collected but we can get as frustrated as the next person before a lunchon with beauty industry big shots or a celebrity meet-and-greet, and we're not above coming down with a case of sweaty palms. To avoid victimizing others in a clammy handed grip, we rely on a pump of By142 Moisture Absorb ($30). A dollop of this cream eliminates wetness, thanks to the key ingredient, Polly-pore 200, which absorbs 110 times its weight in moisture. Even when the flesh pressing is over, we like to reapply. The cream is loaded with antibacterial agents, which satisifies the fastidiousness in us."
http://www.by142.com/
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sweaty palms and feet can be a sign of an over active thyroid gland. This condition is not serious and easy to manage. Most likely you don't have this condition but thought I would mention it.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
peachy
5% products discount

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
try putting some baking soda on the bottom of your feet.

5% products discount

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
or if all else fails you can just get prepared for the blisters by putting on nu skin or another kind of liquid bandage which I believe is transparent. Just a thought!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Simrun - I suggest you try a product called PerspireX. It is fragrance-free and specifically designed to stop excessive sweating of your hands, feet and underarms and is applied to dry skin at night before you go to bed (because you tend to perspire less while you're sleeping Wink ). You then wash the product off in the morning.

Here is a quick synopsis of how it works:

How does PerspireX work?
It works by temporarily blocking the sweat glands. The Aluminum Chloride in PerspireX reacts with the water in the sweat gland and forms a keratin plug in the gland. This little plug causes the sweat gland to go dormant. The plug will be expelled with the shedding of the dead cells on the surface of the skin, and the sweat gland will become active again. This process takes from a couple of days up to a week, which is why you have to reapply PerspireX only 1-3 times a week.

PerspireX is available in two versions; a lotion for hands and feet and a roll-on product for underarms. Here is a link to the company website for additional information about these two products.
www.perspirex.com

The only word of caution I have is to make sure you apply the product to skin that is 100% dry and wound-free (blow-dry the area if need be and cover any cuts with band-aids). Also be careful about applying too much of this product at once (your skin can become irritated and itchy if you over-use this stuff). My advice is to carefully read all the instructions in detail to avoid any irritation from developing.

Another product that I would use in conjunction with the PerspireX is Summer Soles. I have used a smaller half-size version of these absorbent peel and stick insoles in my sandals to prevent my feel from slipping out of them on hot days and they worked wonderfully. I am confident that if you use these two products your hands and feet will be as perspiration-free as possible for your upcoming graduation event. Just remember to start using the PerspireX at least a week before the event for best results!

Here is a little blurb about Summer Soles -www.summersoles.com

Summer Soles open shoe innersoles truly are the perfect cure for sweaty feet problems related to summer footwear - and even those stuffy, muggy mules, pumps, topsiders and flats!

Since everyone's feet perspire, it's impossible to keep shoes looking and feeling good-as-new. Until now! Summer Soles cure sweaty feet problems by providing a soft, dry barrier between feet and the beds of shoes. Feet stay dry. Shoes stay nearly-new. So if you're looking for a cure for sweaty feet woes - we're ready for you!

Unlike tightly woven fabrics, our special-blend non-woven fabric absorbs moisture and channels it away from your feet, where it dissipates quickly.

So your feet feel dry not muggy or clammy- even in closed shoes and even if wearing pantyhose.

Absorbent Details
Much like a cotton ball, random interlocked fibers are compressed into firm, 1/8-inch thick fabric strips. This special fabric blend is 70% wool and 30% Rayon, a perfect combination for absorption and evaporation of feet perspiration without unnecessary odor. You won't find any cotton insoles here. Cotton insoles are NOT recommended by podiatrists, since it takes way too long to dry after becoming wet. Cotton insoles can lead to major skin problems... not something any of us would like.

Summer Soles' wool- yes wool!:
Summer Soles Ultra-Absorbent style are made with 100% virgin fine Australian wool tops, from which the world's most luxurious fabrics are made. It's not the harsh scratchy stuff you might remember when we were kids. This wool is soft and comfy.

Why wool works:
Wool is naturally... wonderful. It has been used for years in the medical industry because fibers naturally grab each other, leaving air spaces that let both air and moisture pass to keep your feet dry in the summer. Foot perspiration falls away from your feet and into the crevices between the fibers where is moves to the edges of the insole and dissipates.

BTW, for Canadians looking for PerspireX, you can find it at Shoppers Drug Mart. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:32 am      Reply with quote
i've a friend who will be going to Canada tomorrow!!! JUST IN TIME!!!!!

Thank you so much for the info, ScotsLass!! Laughing
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the tips i will try then out Very Happy
skincarefun
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'll try them too. Thanks.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:
i've a friend who will be going to Canada tomorrow!!! JUST IN TIME!!!!!

Thank you so much for the info, ScotsLass!! Laughing

simran wrote:
thanks for the tips i will try then out Very Happy

You're welcome ladies! Another interesting product that I ran across at Shoppers Drug Mart is a packet that contains small peel 'n stick shields that you can attach to the underarms of your clothing (dresses, suit jackets, etc.) to prevent perspiration from leaking through. I can't remember the brand name of these shields and can only tell you that they were around $5-6 for a few pairs. I found them in the personal hygiene row (where deodorant and shampoo's etc., are located). HTH's! wave

Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi I just wanted to add that I suffer from sweaty palms on occasion too and the derm prescribed hydrosol. Like someone mentioned earlier, it's a concentrated roll-on (probably similar to Perspirex) and you apply at bedtime. I don't have to use it everyday. I have found that two nightly uses prevents sweat-breakthrough for many days afterward so start slowly if you decide to go this route. If you use too much your palms will get dry. Great product and it really works.
Sandygirl73

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Insoles are a very good remedy. Very important: Don't use chemcial products. I've made best experiences with cedarsoles (e.g. Zederna Insoles). The quality is better than summersoles.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
My friend's cat gets sweaty paws when he has to go to the vet. Don't think Perspirex would help as he'd lick it off and poison himself. Embarassed
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
My sister got botox for this, it helped.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, pespireX works well
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Perspire X worked well for me too. Only thing is that it made my feet dry and scaly, looking in need of a pedicure.
I would suggest regular scrubs to the soles in addition to using Perspire X
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |