Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your favorite tips or products to get beautiful hands
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Help. I use a lot of hand cream and I've used exfoliants but my hands need something else!

Does anyone have any favorite tips, favorite products or secrets for maintaining youthful hands or "plumping" up that loose skin that happens in your late 40's?

Thanks - Marie
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
I am a bit in the same boat. Probably the best result I have had was from Valmont Hands Treatment combined with their handcream. However, it has been over a month since I finished the products and my hands are not looking so good now. The Valmont is a bit expensive to use permanently even though I would like to. I am interested in the Orlane B21 Conditioning handcream and had hoped someone would review it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I am loving what Copper Peptide Serum has done for my hands. CP's when used regularly firm the skin, and lighten pigmentation problems. Every night I apply Super CP's on my hands (started with CP Serum /2 months), wait about 1/2 hour and use a hand cream before bed. CP's are not a quick fix but with continued use you will reap the benefits. Bonus...very reasonably priced. My hands, neck and declotee are showing lovely results from CP's.

During the day I use sunscreen on my hands (SPF UVB 30 drugstore type).

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I treat the back of my hands like more "face" since they get exposed to sun all the time just like my face does. So they get the actives (Vitamin C, retinoid, sunscreen) that I use for sun exposure on my face and neck. (Still thinking about CPs...)

I feel like I could be one of those mother-daughter hand models like in the commercials of the 1960's. (Though in a senior moment I can't quite remember what dishwashing liquid was advertised...)
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I feel like I could be one of those mother-daughter hand models like in the commercials of the 1960's. (Though in a senior moment I can't quite remember what dishwashing liquid was advertised...)

hmm Was it Joy?

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Quote:

hmm Was it Joy?

Ivory
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh, Damblues, you're right. Ivory it was.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Oooh, Damblues, you're right. Ivory it was.

At least they did not discuss douche.. I hated those commercials!!

Deb
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered Burt's Bees Banana Hand Cream and it is really nice, probably the biggest difference a lotion/ cream has made for me.

I have the same issue and am trying to get in a habit of using a little CP when I do my face, glycolic acid pads, and my Quasar SP, but have to admit to being a little lazy on that one.

Last winter I used Avon's Callus cream on my feet and ended up rubbing the rest on my hands each evening. I thought this really made a difference, but I have not been doing this for the summer.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Crabtree is good.
I have a small tube of hand cream in my hand bag and I use it after washing hands.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I usually use pure shea butter as a moisturizer on my hands cuticles and nails.

These are some of my tips Wink
- Share Facial Treatments on my hands. Apply a bit whenever use it on face.
- Wear protective gloves when doing work that might damage the hands or nails, such as gardening or dusting.
- Wear Sunscreen. Hands acquire sun damage just like faces do.

HTH
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
my tip? I wear gloves when I drive it keeps the sun off my hands and keeps skin smooth.
NJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
The best hand cream i've used is Dove pro age. My hands are dry with a lot of fine lines from washing my hands alot at work, but since I've used this hand cream, I've noticed that my hands are a lot smoother. It's got AHA (4%), glycerin and olive oil and it's about $5-6 for 75ml.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
The best hand cream I've used so far is Valmont Cellular Hand Cream. It keeps my hand well-moisturized without leaving any greasiness on my hands. However, it doesn't solve my cuticle problem, so I'm on a hunt for a good cuticle treatment. Unfortunately, Valmont's hand cream is a bit too expensive for me to use all year round. I apply hand cream after I wash my hands (every time). I also do a hand scrub once a week using table salt mixed with some olive oil.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I like Perlier hand cream (can order online direct or via Shopping Channel). Really rich and the scents are awesome

Best for hands/feet is (and this is REALLY attractive) slather on some Smith's Rosebud Salve (non-menthol) on your hands and feet, put on some socks (yes, on your hands too) and go to bed. Doing this once a week, with a decent hand cream once a day, does the trick. (Discovered this with a little sample of the salve that EDS sent me last year.)
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
It all makes a lot of sense except about the sunscreen. I wash my hands way too much.

But the Vit C would definitely be worth it since it is absorbed and can't be washed off.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to try Rosebud salve and the gloves.
Love all the tips.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have neglected sun protection for my hands in the past and now its start to show. I am more vigilant about putting sunscreen on my hands these days.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Jameson has an A*C*E hand cream that is very nice.
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have used much more on my face nothing for my hands Crying or Very sad
I heard the L'occitone hand cream is very good,anyone give review?Thanks! Smile Smile
Carzie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Jurlique handcream is the best!! But I also like L'occitone too.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I am in my early 50's, and have great hands...I attribute it to using my very good facial creams when I get bored with them and want to use them up. I also always moisturize before bed, before I head out in the morning, and once sometime during the day!!
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Carzie wrote:
Jurlique handcream is the best!! But I also like L'occitone too.

Which one is best,rose or lavender hand cream? Smile
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:21 am      Reply with quote
There is reiki facelift technique that is applicable to hands. See before & after photos:
http://www.reikifacelift.com/results_hands.htm

The class is over a weekend in Chicago area. I am considering going to Chicago specifically for this class (I live in Atlanta). They have not posted future classes schedule yet....
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I use StriVectin-NE Nano Exfoliant once a week and use StriVectin-HC Hand Cream 2 times a day. They leave my hands soft, smooth and supple. Really like the result though it's a bit pricey. By the way, Guerlain's Super Aqua Hand Cream is not bad either.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |