Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Yves Rocher Jardins des iles de Polynesie Shower Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
After reading several threads on Yves Rocher, it seems a lot of folks just hate their products.

I am a shower gel, oil, etc.. junkie. I got this for $2 for 5 oz. What a deal!!

You put this all over your wet skin and rinse it off. It is not "oily" like many oils are and it leaves your skin feeling silky. The smell is incredible!!

The scent is very soft but distinct. It is a lovely floral but not old lady floral, if you know what I mean. It does not smell "manufactured" to me. It is the Polynesian Tiare Flower and to me it smells sort of gardenia/jasmine-ish. I got it for my mom, as well, who has such dry skin and her caregiver puts it on her when she bathes her. They both love it!!

I would definitely repurchase and since it is so inexpensive right now ( a special) may go on and get a few more to put back.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I used a few products from Yves Rocher mainly was because yes the price is unbelievably cheap! The biggest complain from me is the products are always heavily perfumed, no matter it's for face or body, or hair.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that some of it is too perfumed but this oil leaves a light scent. I do not like a heavy scent either.

One of their shampoo/body wash things was supposed to smell like the tiare flower but it smelled like a toilet thing (the chunk of stuff they used to hang off the side of a toilet - deodorizer thing!!) I swear that is what I immediately thought of... blech... BUT some of the gels and this oil are very nice.

Deb
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried their skincare? All their products are botanical.

I ran out of toner 2 weeks ago and decided to steal my mom's Fatigue Eraser Toner (my budget is kinda tight these days Confused ). I loved it. The toner has a creamy texture but not greasy at all, and it doesn't have a strong fragance that everyone is complaining about. The best part is it leaves my skin smooth and soft. Very Happy

I'm planning to try out their other products. If they turn out fine for me, I could be saving thousands of dollars each year!!
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Florli,

I have not tried their skincare but they sent a jar of a moisture mask as a free gift. I have used that and it felt really nice. It was not heavily scented. I have used it twice now. No reaction - yet!

Would I purchase it? Not sure, I have not ever really used a moisture mask and I am not certain it s something I think i "need" but it did leave my skin feeling very, very soft. I suppose most moisture masks would do that.

They sent a sample of a day cream also. I threw that in my travel bag and tried it this week. Felt good. Again, not sure I would change what I am using for it but it certainly did the job.

If you do order, please let us know. Check ingredients because I know they were putting mineral oil in some products and you do not want that on your face. It could have been a body oil - I cannot remember.

(Does this all sounds as disjointed as I feel today? LOL)

Deb
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
damblues,

Mineral oil is definitely safe on the face. I recall reading an article on that. They claim that Shu Uemura's best selling cleansing oils are purely made from mineral oils as well.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |