Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

WOW " NO MORE EYE BAGS BUT GLOWING SKIN!"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I've been liver flushing for around 2 weeks now. 4 times already, which I plan on tampering down on after today's flush because it was way too extreme - major flu symptoms (crawling skin, hot flashes, cold sweats, fever, pounding head, extreme anxiety) and even hallucinations. Scary.

But lately, the most miraculous things have been happening! And this isn't just placebo, because they are actual physical evidence.

- MY HAIR ISN'T FALLING OUT ANYMORE!!! I use to hate washing my hair because there would be 20-30 strands on my hand after shampooing. Now, I barely get 1 or 2 hairs!! That means alot to me because my hair has been getting pretty thin because of these health problems. My hair has even thickened up in a short period of time!! My bangs are nearly as thick as the back side of my hair again now!

- My skin is glowing/clearing/smoothing. For awhile, my face looked well-aged.. I just didn't look 19, I looked like I was 21-22, which isn't so good for a 19-year old. But lately, my face is glowing!! My eyes are brighter, no more eye bags, my skin is ridding itself of acne and has this nice, rosey color that I've never ever had in my life. My fine lines and creases have also gone away!!!! And strangely enough, I swear that my lips and cheeks are even plumper. Especially my lips, I can't believe it when I look in the mirror. Is liver cleansing good for collagen production or something?

- Brain fog is decreasing. I'm an Aries sun/Gemini moon, so I have always been so use to being a quick thinker and always coming up with the right witty things to say. It's slowly coming back, SLOWLY. I've noticed that I will feel superb for 2-3 days, then go through a week of horrible brain fog/exhaustion/depression, then feel even better for the next 2-3 days. Hopefully it will all go away ASAP.

- Ability to enjoy things again. It has been so long since I've felt enjoyment or happiness. All these health problems (adrenal fatigue, candida, sluggish liver) has really, really brought me down. There were times when I really felt like there was nothing left. But this detoxifying and cleansing is really sensitizing me. I think by 2008 (4 more months) I will be fully back to normal functioning and happiness. Thank you God!!!!

Well these are the benefits so far! I'm extremely pleased and I will continue until my blood flows of olive oil and lemon juice. Ha!

Good luck everyone. =)

P.S. I have also been having really unique, atmospheric dreams. I just had a dream around 2 hours ago that was the most real feeling dream I have ever had. It was so clear and vivid. I was driving in this kinda Victorian town in Pennsylvania probably, and after going through the woods and winding roads, I came upon a huge field. And it wasn't just any field. The grass looked like emerald spheres!! It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bright and vivid, I've never experienced anything like that before in a dream or real life before, the closest probably being The Wizard of oz. It was like a technicolor dream!!! So anyway, being the new-age person that I am, I go to analyze the dream and here is what I found:

"Field
To see green fields in your dream, symbolizes great abundance, freedom, and happiness. You may also be going through a period of personal growth.
To see freshly plowed fields in your dream, signifies growth, early rise to wealth and fortunate advancements to places of honor."

and since the green in my dream was so vivid:

"Green
Green signifies a positive change, good health, growth, healing, hope, vigor, vitality, peace, and serenity. Green is also symbolic of your strive to gain recognition and establish your independence. Money, wealth and jealousy are often associated with this color."

and since the green was emerald:

"Emerald
To see emerald in your dream, represents strength. longevity, and durability. You may be entering the healing stages of some situation."

How cool is that?!?! All the analyzations are talking about healing, growing, and happiness!!! How awesome! Right after I did a HUGE liver flush today.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
What are you doing to flush out your liver?
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
A simple liver flush

Smile
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
i agree that most types of detoxing is great for general results & skin!! im glad you're seeing such good results with it!! i think im going to detox again soon Smile
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
A simple liver flush

Smile

Could you explain that a little more for those of us that have never heard of a liver flush. Is this a kit you buy at the health food store similar to a colon cleanse? You mentioned olive oil and lemon juice. Is that the cleanse, to drink oil and lemon juice?
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Tasha I think it is great you are feeling much better but you really need to watch out if you had a reaction like that. Hallucinations?? I think you should speak to a doctor about what you are doing.

There are several medical sites that discourage "liver flushing" as a rule. Primarily because one of the claims is that you get rid of gallstones. However, tests have revealed that the "gallstones" are gelateous balls of the olive oil, etc..

While I think a detox, on occasion, is absolutely ok for most individuals who are healthy - I think people can over do it and I think the symptoms you described were pretty severe. Just be careful and note that a lot of the websites touting all of this stuff are selling the "items". Our bodies have built in detox systems; liver, gallbladder, kidneys, skin, etc.... and a healthy person with no medical problems in these areas probably has no need for a detox.

Not lecturing - I was just a bit horrified to read your symptoms. That is way scary.

Deb
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
A simple liver flush

Smile

And if I'd have known what a liver flush was, I wouldn't have asked. Smile
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
A simple liver flush

Smile

id like to know more too as i dont no what it is, whats it for. how do u do it, and how long do u do it for Exclamation
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of "liver flush" too!

would like to learn more abt it! do you need to go to the doctor or is it just something simple u can do at home?! Confused
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Google liver flush , you will find tons of websites with various "recipes". Just like for detoxing or any other "remedy".
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:02 am      Reply with quote
I appreciate I can google 'liver flush', but I was asking what you did?

I thought the whole point of the forums was for people to offer tips and advice, we can all google but if you want to share your experience then you have to let people know what you did. Smile
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
I appreciate I can google 'liver flush', but I was asking what you did?

I thought the whole point of the forums was for people to offer tips and advice, we can all google but if you want to share your experience then you have to let people know what you did. Smile

Oh sorry if you thought I was being snip, I wasn't. There are just so many "recipes" that are used. All of them pretty much seem to use Olive Oil, some use Epsom Salts, Apple Juice, Lemon Juice. The premise is you fast for a few days or drink apple juice for a few days, do this oil thing at night and have an explosive round of diarrhea in the morning. (yuk). Maybe she will share the actual concoction she used. I still say if it made you hallucinate that is pretty dangerous!! Scary.

Deb
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:53 am      Reply with quote
tasha92337 : I was wondering how often you do this? How long does it take? While doing this do u eat anything?

Liver flush is kind of scary for me. Confused
junassara
5% products discount

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
dude....you guys this sound crazy....I have heard of it before but this sounds extreme...like Deb says BE CAREFUL.....
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Wow my god what am,i reading here.

Sound Dangerous tho !!

Diaan
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Gulp, hallucinations? This sounds extremely dangerous; I'd definitely want to check with a doctor [holistic or conventional] before trying anything like this. IMHO, this is yet another example of taking what you read and see on the internet and news with a grain of salt.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting! But I had no idea that there's a huge difference between how a 19 y-o looks compared to 21 or 22???? Lots of 19 y.o. girls may be mistaken for a 21 or 22 y.o.'s just because there're not enough years to distinguish different features between the two.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:12 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Interesting! But I had no idea that there's a huge difference between how a 19 y-o looks compared to 21 or 22???? Lots of 19 y.o. girls may be mistaken for a 21 or 22 y.o.'s just because there're not enough years to distinguish different features between the two.

I got a little chuckle from that. When I read that she had been looking so aged and then read she looked 21 or so I almost choked! LOL. But she may have meant her skin was dull and not glowing more so than anything. I would love to be mistaken for 21... LOL. That is it though - just mistaken - please do not send me back in time to that age again.
rubie13

Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,
this is my first time posting a message and I thought maybe I could put a helpful word out. I have done many many detox flushes before and I am very experienced in this kind of health issue. I for sure think that when doign a liver flush you need to be careful and follow all instruction. I have heard many bad things that could happen from too strong of a liver detox. There is many other detox flushes that work wonders when you use them. For example, BioFirm by New Nordic. I used this for 6 weeks and it was amazing. My acne cleared up beautifully, my oily skin calmed down and I felt great. It slowly detoxofies so you don't get all the bad side affects.
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I don't get this liver flushing thing.

It's like doing in ONE day what you're supposed to be doing daily. I mean, isn't being "regular" and eating healthily enough? It's like those Dr. Ho pills/drinks that help you detox and make you "regular" so it cleans out your system.

5% products discount

Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Tasha,didn't you do a post a few months ago on oil pulling, and how it was responsible for giving you glowy, dewy skin and brighter eyes back then? Confused
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone. I did the Dr. Hulka's liver Flush every week for about a month then I adjusted it to once every two weeks once I started getting rid of stones!

I am happy with my results and yes Im the one who is still doing the oil pulling detox.

Im all about having glowing, dewy and soft skin the natural way. I dont remember when the last time I bought a commercial skin care line? (clinique, neutrogena, proactive, etc)

I feel none of those products work at all
Ive been acne free for the longest as I can remember and I still eat junk food from time to time. But eating healthy is key if you know how to balance!
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Kareberry* wrote:
I don't get this liver flushing thing.

It's like doing in ONE day what you're supposed to be doing daily. I mean, isn't being "regular" and eating healthily enough? It's like those Dr. Ho pills/drinks that help you detox and make you "regular" so it cleans out your system.

Kareberry,

Have you tried the Dr. Ho system? If so, what did you think it? I appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Yes I would like to know the precise one used in this instance too?
Maybe different ones produce different results - particularly on different ages and types. NOT that I want to be seeing things Shock !
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
tasha92337 still waiting to hear what your 'liver flush' consists of?!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |