Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
JM bioclear lotion or cream?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
hi all!!
i used to use alphahydrox 10% gel which worked wonders on my skin at first but i wonder if my skin has gotten used to it, because i don't really get the same results with it anymore...? same thing happened with me for avene diacneal which has 8% glycolic acid- great results at first, then plateaued and now seems to have little or no effect.
im considering switching over to jm bioclear after hearing so many raves about it here, but i was wondering which i should order- lotion or cream? i have combo skin, mild to moderate acne-prone, recovering from an unusual explosive hormonal cystic acne breakout (first time & HOPEFULLY last time in my life it will ever happen...)
also, have users of bioclear experienced what i did with alpha hydrox & diacneal- good results at first, then seems to not really be effective anymore...? obviously i would like to add something to my routine with staying power!! Smile
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hey amami aya,

Im finishing my first bottle of JM lotion. While I do really like it and it gives continous great results (clear skin, clean pores and lightening of scars) I have my eye on Skininteractives Utlra Clear Treatment Gel that was mentioned in this thread.

That being said I have reordered the JM so it will be a while before I can report on the other, however, I do recommend the JM. Im really oily so I perfer the lotion (but not under MU as it balls up) but if you lean towards being dry the cream may be your best bet.

Also I use E2 and really belive it helps it penetrate better and deliver great results, You might want to look into a manual exfoliater for this reason. Especially if you dont find your products always working to their full potential.

Let us know what you decide!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
thanks vonstella! i started using epidermxII recently and find it's helping my skin out; however, since bioclear is acid-based, is it ok to use it after epiII? when using the alpha hydrox or diacneal i tried using it at the opposite time of day that i used EII because i think i read somewhere on this forum not to use acid-based products after the microdermaabrasion? but since ive stopped using AH and diacneal ive upped EII usage to twice a day.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I did think so at one time, but not now. If I use a really light hand when doing the E2 and then do JM I dont have a problem. I think I was using a lot of unnecessary pressure in the beginning. Embarassed Its been fine for me though.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I have combo skin and have used the lotion, which I like a lot. But I am going to switch to the cream because the pump keeps breaking on me and it's a common problem. I believe the cream is slightly more emolient than the lotion but I think it;ll be ok with winter coming and all.

HTH
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Do let us know how the cream works for you Cat!

amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
does anyone know if the breaking pump issue has been resolved? i remember when i searched for bioclear on this forum many users complained about the pump and the company said they were going to change it? is this true / been put into effect yet?
im still undecided between lotion and cream (since winter is coming- but then again i could always use the lotion and then one of my nightcreams on top if its not moisturizing enough in the really dry winter months) and whether or not the pump still breaks easily is my only issue with the lotion...
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
amami aya wrote:
does anyone know if the breaking pump issue has been resolved? i remember when i searched for bioclear on this forum many users complained about the pump and the company said they were going to change it? is this true / been put into effect yet?
im still undecided between lotion and cream (since winter is coming- but then again i could always use the lotion and then one of my nightcreams on top if its not moisturizing enough in the really dry winter months) and whether or not the pump still breaks easily is my only issue with the lotion...

I vote for the cream, I use it year round and feel like it eliminates the extra step of moisturizer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
i ended up ordering the cream, i cant wait til it gets here!! thanks everyone for your suggestions, i really hope it works for me!! Smile
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
amami aya wrote:

I just got a bottle of the bioclear lotion from EDS and I have a problem with the pump. The pump worked well for my first use and now it doesn't work. I had to unscrew the pump to get to the product.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
an update on the cream which ive used for almost a week, i seem to be having small bumps coming up- is it common to purge at first with this cream? the last time i thought i was "purging" from a product it messed up my skin Sad
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
I have ordered the JM bioclear lotion twice in the last 6 months and I have not had any problems with the pump. Although... I do feel I need more exfoliation (I've been using the bioclear lotion cleanser plus pumpkin masks.) The lotion has been great at reducing acne marks that haven't been there long.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:12 am      Reply with quote
I've used the Bioclear cream and lotion but I found the cream to be too greasy for my combination skin so bought the lotion which is sort of like a serum more than a lotion.

I've used 1 and a half bottle of the lotion and neither of them had a faulty pump. But I wont be reordering it again because I find that after purging, although my skin is a bit softer, it doesnt seem to be helping with my acne nor red marks. It has dealt with the blackheads on my nose for a while but now, the blackheads seem to be the same too.

HTH

BTW---when I used the cream, I did purge for at least 2 weeks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
it's been about 2 and a half weeks since i started using this and im STILL breaking out from it... i think im going to return it...

i dont think i am the type who "purges", (this is not the first time i thought i was purging from a product and it just kept giving me breakouts...) i had a talk about it to my sister who thinks that "purging" is all a crock, if we didnt mess with our skin or use the right products then it wouldnt happen at all Crying or Very sad
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi amami aya

Sorry to hear you are still breaking out from the JM. You should maybe exchange it for the lotion? Because I found that when I switched, I didnt really purge from it and it has helped to even my skintone. However, it hasnt done much for my acne and marks.

yy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
For those of you purging, I would recommend slathering on a good moisturizer afterwards. I think purging is aggravated by irritation to skin. I noticed that when I use any BHA, AHA, BP or SA treatment, it irritates my skin and makes it worse. But I started putting on Paula's Choice mask for very dry skin (and I have combo skin!) as a moisturizer after my treatments, my skin started getting better!

It's still a mess because of red marks from healing acne, but I used to get 2-4 new blemishes a DAY and now I get one every other day or so. And it's slowly improving so I am happy with my results so far.

I feel like it's a huge balancing act and I am finally starting to figure out how to balance all these great products. Which to use more, what to use less, how often, in what order, etc. So I would advise you to experiment in terms of frequency and product combinations. It's taken me months to make this much progress.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
im already finding the cream is too greasy for me (even with a SUPER thin layer it leaves my skin sooo shiny, i can only use it at night) so i sort of dread what would happen if i put a moisturizer over it...! i think if i noticed it was helping fade my marks, i would switch for the lotion, but i think this product just isnt working for me... im already using other products that even my skintone, i want something that will control acne and fade the older and darker marks Crying or Very sad i will try it for one more week, and if im still breaking out, i will go ahead and return it... the search for a product that works for me goes on!!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Definately! When I used my JM bioclear cream, my face was SO SO SO oily and uncomfortable. With a thin layer, it seems like it wont be effective. But with another layer on top, my face looks like its dripping sweat!

The lotion is better, but I still find that it slightly gives off a shine and a non-sticky film on my face. But a lot better than the cream.

With these products, you really have to give it time...however saying that, I wont be repurchasing the JM bioclear.
Im on the same boat as you, I want something to control my acne and to fade my red, purpley, black marks...but I've yet to find a product that will Sad
I will soon try Naturderm - Epidermx II (which I've used in the past but on and off) and the Chrysalyx. Hopefully, they can control my acne and totally remove the marks!

Good luck!
yy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah, im using epidermxII now- i like it and it seems to be helping fade the marks a bit, but nothing dramatic. i tried chrysalyx on and off, hoping and hoping each time itd work for me since people raved abt it getting rid of past acne marks for them, but i didnt notice much AND i think it was clogging my pores, even when i used the tiniest amount... pity, because i love the fresh tropical scent!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
amami aya wrote:
yeahyeah, im using epidermxII now- i like it and it seems to be helping fade the marks a bit, but nothing dramatic. i tried chrysalyx on and off, hoping and hoping each time itd work for me since people raved abt it getting rid of past acne marks for them, but i didnt notice much AND i think it was clogging my pores, even when i used the tiniest amount... pity, because i love the fresh tropical scent!

EEEK, I was having high hopes for the Chrysalyx too...do you think that if you spot treat with it, it will work better? I so want to try this. Mainly cos Liz's reviews on it! Her before and after photos were amazing and I hope to get her "after" skin Laughing
Are you using the Epi II with the JM?
How bad are your acne marks anyway? Can concealer conceal it? Cos with my marks, it seems to be fading slightly with the things Im using so its like little black dots with a red surrounding, but I still breakout with painful cysts.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
im using the epiII with the jan marini, but at a different time of day- i also just started using jan marini's bioglycolic cleanser, which i think works better for me than the bioclear cream for some reason...??
my marks at the beginning were REALLY bad- purple, practically black, from cystic acne (which i'd never gotten before, so i didnt know how to deal with them and i think picking at them and stuff made it MUCH worse). time + epiII and i think some of the other products i use (sekkisei, kanebo's freshel white c, immortelle brightening serum, and dermalogica microfoliant) have helped fade them but there hasn't been a WOW- it's been a slow process, and since this has never happened to me before i dont know what the normal timeline for fading is- i just want my skin to go back to its normal no-need-for-foundation look! at first, i couldnt even cover them with concealer. nowadays they're still there, but lighter- they can be ALMOST covered with my powder foundation, but you can still see them a bit.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Aah, I can still remember the days when I had no blemish in sight- the good old times!
It is definately a slow process...I cant even cover my blemishes and marks right now, maybe cos my concealers not that good or something Sad

You're using the Kose Sekkisei? Is it any good? I was going to buy that but it smelt very medicinal and the SA told me that it only had eight ingredients in it when clearly there isnt!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
i jumped on the sekkisei wagon because it's soooo popular in japan! Laughing it'd been recommended to me by more than one friend and coworker with great skin when i was freaking out last year over having gotten a sunspot on my cheek, i was looking for something to fade it (at the time it was the only problem with my skin... now how i long for those days again!)
it actually didnt help that much with fading the sunspot (it's still there) but i found it's nice for brightening my face and giving it a little glow in the morning, especially the cream. i dont use the medicated sekkisei lotion (toner) though, i use kanebo freshel white c.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Its a very popular whitening skincare line in HK too. They seem to love following trends in Japan and Korea! But due to so many other brands that offer whitening effects, I guess its not so popular now. But there are many products that gives off a glow after usage, so I think I'll stop regretting why I didnt buy the Sekkisei Wink
Its weird how they call the lotion a toner, as when I tried it on my hand I was expecting a lotion/cream/emulsion but it was watery. I must have given the SA a shocked look cos then she told me that everyone there calls toner lotion Embarassed

I started out with a very small blemish/imperfection on my face too...then a few more then a few more then WOAH, full blown acne!!!

Good luck with your mission for perfect flawless skin! Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the JM bioclear cream awhle back and did not stick with it. After reading the positive reviews I decided to try it again. The bottle has an exp date of 11/08. The texture is no longer a cream but a liquid?? Can I still use it?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |