Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Low earring holes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have a long earing hole because I had many infections on the ear. I keep having allergies to the "cheap" earings.

Has anyone ever had this fixed? I can't ear longer earings because they look like thy're falling out. What do I do? How much does something like this cost? What type of doctor fixes this? Thanks! Very Happy
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
A Plastic Surgeon is normally the type of doctor who repairs earlobes.

Here is some info...there are lots of sites with info

http://www.myhealthsense.com/response_060710-earlobes.htm
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Thank you!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I have used a product that works very well (I believe it is Lobe Wonder). No longer do I have the box. There are a few such products I came across when searching the net.If you don't want your ears repaired surgically this will greatly help.

http://www.timeformecatalog.com/cgi-bin/timeforme/cat_item.html?prod=90043&media=GT0020&days=XVQ&gclid=CLfW-8jDp44CFRf5gAodw38mRQ

http://www.earlifts.com/?directLoad&uid=E3C76D6AC7B149AB2CEFF86E60BA6DF5

Amazon.com gives the best reviews for Lobe Wonder Ear Support.

http://www.amazon.com/Lobe-Wonder-Support-Earrings-60-Count/dp/B000FKHJNG

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Oh cool, I never knew they made such a product. I suppose there is a product for just about everything!!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Hm, I have multiple piercings in each ear, but for the past several years I have wished I could go back to just one in each ear for a more classic look (ah, youthful indiscretions... don't even ask me about my tattoo!). Do any of you know if the products you posted about would be good at making the old holes disappear completely? I had given up hope of that, and settled for only wearing earrings in my bottom hole, but I'd love for a product that could make the prior holes vanish. I'd use it for my navel ring too.

(I know, I know... what was I thinking? Please, if any of you have kids that you are trying to talk out of any sort of body art, please please please use me as a resource - I've found that I often scare them away from that stuff because I'm young enough and still kind of funky enough in my style that they tend to listen to me when I express my regrets about, oh, every single piercing/permanently altering thing I've ever done! Laughing )

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz,

These products will not make the piercing disappear. The product is meant to support ones earrings so they do not weigh down the ear lope from stretched piercings. The product also helps the tear not to get any longer.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I see that now - what a shame. I guess if I were really motivated I could try scar repair cream on my holes, but I am pretty doubtful that it would do any good on piercings I've had since I was a kid. Ah well, thank you for the advice, Winnie!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder why they didn't close on their own? I had a second piercing in my ear for about a year or so, and when I stopped wearing my earring in that hole it completely closed up. Of course, now there is a permanent small lump where the hole once was, which sometimes grows larger and hurts a bit. Yeah, definitely talk your children out of body art....I'm with ginnieliz on that one!!
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I had this done in June last year and it was one of the best thing i have ever done for me. My ear holes were stretched from wearing heavy earrings in the 70's and for the last 10 years I only ever wore huggies or studs.
It was done by a plastic surgeon and is actually quite intricate. I had iv sedation and it took about 1 and half hours. After surgery I had mild discomfort but swollen ear lobes and tape on them for a week till they took the stiches out. I got my ears repierced in NOvember and I probably would wait a little longer because the lobes were still a bit lumpy and the piercer had to advoid the lumps so it narrowed down the choices of where the holes could be.
Now I have no lumps and wished I waited becaue they are little too low (I have small lobes) but I have bought up big time in the earring department.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
I wonder why they didn't close on their own? I had a second piercing in my ear for about a year or so, and when I stopped wearing my earring in that hole it completely closed up. Of course, now there is a permanent small lump where the hole once was, which sometimes grows larger and hurts a bit. Yeah, definitely talk your children out of body art....I'm with ginnieliz on that one!!

Heh, glad to know I'm not the only one who regrets all the decisions I made from ages 198-22 (at least about my appearance)!

It's weird - my holes seem to stay open for longer than the average person's. I also have my nose pierced, and while I actually still like that piercing, for a while I was working in an uptight law firm and took it out for the duration (just over 2 years) and I always had a big obvious hole that probably looked like a very bad blackhead or something. Embarassed

When that job ended and I got a new position with a relaxed Brazilian company, I tried putting my nose ring back in just to see if I could, and it went in with almost no complaint (a bit sore/tight but NOTHING like they tell you it will be if you leave your piercing out for that long!). And my second earring holes were done at age NINE and they still haven't totally closed! Go figure.

damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have 7 holes between 2 ears.. 3 on each lobe and 1 in the cartilege at the top. I do not wear earrings in those holes anymore (other than 1 in each ear) but they have never closed up. The one in the cartilege is at least 14 years out and I can still insert a stud.

I would have thought they would have closed but they never did.

kate, I am glad the surgery worked for you!
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
The procedure is actually called revison of scar as the hole is actually scar tissue. It is microsurgery and involved sewing 3 layers of tissue. This is why the holes never ever fully close over.
The surgeon has to cut out the scar tissue and sew the edges back together.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
damblues wrote:
I have 7 holes between 2 ears.. 3 on each lobe and 1 in the cartilege at the top. I do not wear earrings in those holes anymore (other than 1 in each ear) but they have never closed up. The one in the cartilege is at least 14 years out and I can still insert a stud.

I would have thought they would have closed but they never did.

kate, I am glad the surgery worked for you!

Deb, I'm nearly the same - six holes between two ears, and one is in the cartilage. Do let me know if you ever come up with anything that makes them go away, and I'll do the same! Very Happy

juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if TCA could help with old earing holes? If it can make "ice pick" acne scars go away, I'd think that it might be possible to make small ear ring holes less visible.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Heh, what's TCA? Very Happy

juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
It's an acid based peel:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17724&highlight=tca

There are a lot of reviews on EDS. I've never used it, but some of the pictures I've seen of people treating their acne scars looked impressive.

It is really super strong and you could burn yourself, so it's not for the faint of heart.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
My boyfriend's mom has this problem, and I've occasionally noticed her wearing earrings that look like... bracelets.

I'm not sure where she gets them, but they're like a bracelet with a tiny opening of a few millimeters, and she wears them with the opening resting on her actual ear, above the lobe, in the cartilage part. It sort of grips on gently and just hangs there. Obviously, these are hoops, and they're pretty big ones -- so it's surprisingly not that noticeable that they're not actual earrings.

This wouldn't work for all styles, but it seems to suit her style well. I'm not sure where she gets them, but I figure the determined shopper could probably track them down. Very Happy

WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Bumping this thread up...

I need some help....I have one ear piercing that looks like a large hole that has never closed. It's not too-too bad, just need to fill in the hole some.

I can't afford the surgery nor will my insurance cover it. So I would like to DIY close it or make it look better.

I've been trying some TCA peel stuff and it's slowly helping but would like to try a cream or some serum or something.

Figured I'd ask here since I'm thinking along the lines of rebuilding the collagen there or something...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have a belly button piercing but I no longer want to wear the belly ring. The hole is still there. Do I have to get it surgically removed? Will the surgery look like there was never a piercing there?
Julia Bartlet
5% products discount

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
You can get your earlobes repaired, if they're torn, by a dermatologist, takes about 15 minutes, totally easy:

dermtv(D)com/repairing-torn-earlobes

If they're just saggy and wrinkly, you can get laser and/or botox and filler injections.

youtube(D)com/watch?v=OC3PKeddr5k

Bother are outpatient 10-20 minute procedures.

Hope that helps!
J

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately around where I live, they do actual surgery where they put you under. I will have to keep looking for a Derm that does it in 15 mins, using just a local. ::fingers crossed::

In the meantime... I came up with some ideas I will try:
Dermarolling (since it seems to help with pitted scars)
Copper Peptides
Retin A
Continuing with TCA in the holes I want to close

I'll report back on how things go... Smile

Surgery would be the quickest though...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |