Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Help with foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Melexia!

Not Diana but I have also tried EDM, Lumiere and Alima and I prefer Lumiere the most. Alima doesn't have sufficient coverage and EDM made my face itchy.

I have dry skin and Lumiere is the best at dealing with my flaky skin/blemish marks out of the few MMU I have tried. I turned away from normal drugstore foundation because they just highlighted my flaky skin and sometimes felt like a mask.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Melexia wrote:
Oh, okey! So you didn't try Alima and Everyday minerals then?
What foundations have you tried before?
I read some reviews about Lumiere at makeupalley and the impression wasn't that good I have to say.. :/
What skintype do you have?

Thanks for the tip about the code! Smile

I have normal skin prone to oily T-zone and breakouts.

The only foundations I have used in the past is drugstore liquid foundations. I was using Almay sheer, which I really liked, but after reading how much better MMU is for your skin, I decided to try it instead. Like I said in my last post, I prefer a slightly dewy look, and the Lumiere Veena Velvet gives me a dry matt look, even with spraying mist after. I am hoping one of the other formulations will give me the look I am after.

I ordered samples from Lumiere, Alima and EM at the recommendation of experienced MMU users. I just happened to try the Lumiere first because I like their sample jars best. Laughing Once I had a close colour match with no breakouts, I didn't bother testing the Alima and EM and take the chance of breakouts with those brands. I've also heard that alot of users have a hard time finding a colour match and I'm not in to spending lots of time playing with colours. I may test the other samples someday just to compare. Who knows, maybe I will like them better. But for now I am happy with the Lumiere. Also, their brushes are very nice and some of the cheapest I saw.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:02 am      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
Hi Melexia!
I have dry skin and Lumiere is the best at dealing with my flaky skin/blemish marks out of the few MMU I have tried. I turned away from normal drugstore foundation because they just highlighted my flaky skin and sometimes felt like a mask.

cuppre, what Lumiere formulation are you using?
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
cuppre wrote:
Hi Melexia!

cuppre, what Lumiere formulation are you using?

Using the Flawless Finish, though I am definitely going to try a sample of the new Cashmere formulation. I love the feel of the silk powder. So nice.

Up close, you can still see flaky skin, but from 50 cm away, my skin looked pretty good. lol though this is starting from a base of red marks and dark spots due to really really bad breakouts. Laughing

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Melexia wrote:
Oh, okey! So you didn't try Alima and Everyday minerals then?
What foundations have you tried before?
I read some reviews about Lumiere at makeupalley and the impression wasn't that good I have to say.. :/
What skintype do you have?

Thanks for the tip about the code! Smile

I have normal skin prone to oily T-zone and breakouts.

The only foundations I have used in the past is drugstore liquid foundations. I was using Almay sheer, which I really liked, but after reading how much better MMU is for your skin, I decided to try it instead. Like I said in my last post, I prefer a slightly dewy look, and the Lumiere Veena Velvet gives me a dry matt look, even with spraying mist after. I am hoping one of the other formulations will give me the look I am after.

I ordered samples from Lumiere, Alima and EM at the recommendation of experienced MMU users. I just happened to try the Lumiere first because I like their sample jars best. Laughing Once I had a close colour match with no breakouts, I didn't bother testing the Alima and EM and take the chance of breakouts with those brands. I've also heard that alot of users have a hard time finding a colour match and I'm not in to spending lots of time playing with colours. I may test the other samples someday just to compare. Who knows, maybe I will like them better. But for now I am happy with the Lumiere. Also, their brushes are very nice and some of the cheapest I saw.

Try their luminescence formula? That is meant to be slightly more glowy. Or maybe you can add one of her overall face powders to the foundation so you can adjust the level of glw?

Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
[quote="cuppre] Using the Flawless Finish, though I am definitely going to try a sample of the new Cashmere formulation. I love the feel of the silk powder. So nice.

Up close, you can still see flaky skin, but from 50 cm away, my skin looked pretty good. lol though this is starting from a base of red marks and dark spots due to really really bad breakouts. Laughing[/quote]
So for someone that doesn't have dry flaky skin, would the Flawless Finish give a more moist look, or a matt look? Yesterday I ordered a full size of the Veena Velvet, but I also ordered samples of the other 3 formulations.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
[quote="cuppre] Using the Flawless Finish, though I am definitely going to try a sample of the new Cashmere formulation. I love the feel of the silk powder. So nice.

Up close, you can still see flaky skin, but from 50 cm away, my skin looked pretty good. lol though this is starting from a base of red marks and dark spots due to really really bad breakouts. Laughing

So for someone that doesn't have dry flaky skin, would the Flawless Finish give a more moist look, or a matt look? Yesterday I ordered a full size of the Veena Velvet, but I also ordered samples of the other 3 formulations.[/quote]

FF is not a moist look, but it might be less flat than VV. I would still classify it as matt.

I have ordered the liquid version of FF, I will let you know if that is more glowy looking.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I use NCN's new liquid mineral makeup - great stuff. It's light enough to not look obvious but allows for just enough to look finished - I use a DIU (pm if you want to know) pearl powder over it - love it...
Melexia
5% products discount

Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone! Smile

I guess I'll have to read more about Illuminere and Lumiere..
I don't think those brands are so wellknown here in Sweden though..

I think I'll skip Everyday minerals cause I think that the formula is quite similar to my YoungBlood mineral foundation, and I love it..

But which foundation do you think I would prefer of Illumineres and Lumieres?
Melexia
5% products discount

Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
....or better yet, the Illuminare homepage Wink

illuminarecosmetics

I am concidering to try the Illuminare introducy package, but I'm not quite sure.. How light is the lighest shade? (The Amalfi alabaster)

I read some reviews and some love it and some does not.. But it's like that with everything of course.. But most of the customers seemed to like the Fantastic Finish the most, and that one is not obsorbing oil :/
Though I'm not that oily, only in my T-zone..
Melexia
5% products discount

Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I am a brand new MMU user and have decided to use Lumiere Veena Velvet loose foundation. I actually bought lots of samples from Lumiere, Alima and Everyday Minerals. I started testing with the Lumiere and got a pretty close match with the first sample I tried. My skin didn't break out like I was afraid it would, and it stayed matt all day, so I decided to stop right there and stick with Lumiere. I'm still working on the right application of it, and just yesterday ordered samples of the other 3 loose powder formulations they have, just because I prefer a bit of a dewy look rather than the matt. But if you are looking for a matt look, then the Veena Velvet is a good start.
BTW, if you order from the Lumiere website, use code LF15 to save 15%.

Oh, thanks! Smile
I'm not quite sure yet, but did the foundation last all day and so on? Tell me about it please.. What skintype do you have? What foundations have you tried before? I may think that the YoungBlood liquid foundation is about the same, but I don't know.. How matt is the Veena velvet? I looked up some rewievs about Lumiere and many prefered it compared to Illuminare.. Where on the Lumiere site can I find the "introducing kit"?
Thanks!! Smile
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I would think that would be too light. You said you've used Teint Idole and the Portofino Porcelain is pretty much the same color as Teint Idole number 1, maybe a little lighter.

I think the clue is that you have to use very little, a lot less than any other foundation I've tried and you need to use a brush to apply it. I just happened to try it, but afterwards I saw that my hairdresser uses it for the bridal makeup she does.

I tried the ultimate all day stuff right now and it is quite thick. The Fantastic Finish is heavier (or what to call it) than the Teint Idole and would probably do the job.

Hope this helped a little Smile

Cadia

Melexia wrote:
Cadia wrote:
....or better yet, the Illuminare homepage Wink

illuminarecosmetics

I am concidering to try the Illuminare introducy package, but I'm not quite sure.. How light is the lighest shade? (The Amalfi alabaster)

I read some reviews and some love it and some does not.. But it's like that with everything of course.. But most of the customers seemed to like the Fantastic Finish the most, and that one is not obsorbing oil :/
Though I'm not that oily, only in my T-zone..
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Shu Uemura's Water Perfect foundation? I've been using this for a year now and it's still my top pick Smile
Melexia
5% products discount

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:45 am      Reply with quote
florli wrote:
Have you tried Shu Uemura's Water Perfect foundation? I've been using this for a year now and it's still my top pick Smile

No, I haven't Smile
What skintype do you have? Does it last all day?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Melexia wrote:
Where on the Lumiere site can I find the "introducing kit"?
Thanks!! Smile

http://www.lumierecosmetics.com/index.php?p=product&id=360&parent=43
I really like the brushes that I ordered from this site also. And the Lumi Lips are very nice.
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Melexia wrote:
florli wrote:

No, I haven't Smile
What skintype do you have? Does it last all day?

I have combination skin. This foundation is so light that it won't block my pores.

I think it lasts okay. At least it's a lot better than Lancome's. Bad Grin
guide

Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I love the Julie Hewett mineral foundation, finally the medium is not too light, not shiny, but still covers.
she also carries a cream
Just a suggestion
Essential Day Spa has it.
guntz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Armani yet, the mattifying silk foundation? I tried a lot of foundation as well, MAC, Bobbi Brown etc. But now I am falling in love with Armani. It's not cakey and not oxidited during the day
guide

Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
No I have not tried that one, where do you get it?
Melexia
5% products discount

Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
guntz wrote:
Have you tried Armani yet, the mattifying silk foundation? I tried a lot of foundation as well, MAC, Bobbi Brown etc. But now I am falling in love with Armani. It's not cakey and not oxidited during the day

Oh, nopes I haven't tried the Armani one, sounds interesting, what do you like with this one? What skintype do you have? Does it last all day?

Do you know where I can get it, or samples of it?
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
if you do care the price, i think la mer creme foundation is super good! i have try one time! but it is too expensive for me, because i seldom makeup.
guntz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Melexia : I have combination skin actually I prefer Luminious Silk Foundation. It give dewy look but not too much. It doesn't cover too much, but can stay all day long. In America is easily to find Armani and also in HK. Wink
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I use NCN's new liquid mineral makeup - great stuff. It's light enough to not look obvious but allows for just enough to look finished - I use a DIU (pm if you want to know) pearl powder over it - love it...

ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto . . . and I think I've tried just about every line and sometimes twice. Wink

Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |