Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hypopigmentation anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
andreana
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have both hyperpigmentation and am now noticing hypopigmentation as well. Wondering if anyone has found any products to reduce these awful white spots? Thanks in advance
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Where, on your face? I had a spot on my leg that someone told me was fungus! But not to scare you. It's probably not that. Maybe you could google it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have spots that showed up after Fraxel laser, so i think it is from that, they are just random spots on my cheek, but I will definately be asking my derm next time I go there
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately I don't believe there's a remedy for HYPOpigmentation. I have a spot on my face from a biopsy from years ago. For whatever reason the melanin doesn't produce in the damaged area. Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I had hypopigmentation on my face. It was smack dab in the middle of my cheek! It was because I had an allergic reaction to beef and when that happens I get bumps, if I scratch it turns into a rash. Unfortunately I scratched and when the rash healed, I had a perfectly white patch about 1 inch diameter. I never had hypopigmentation after any type of inflamation before so this was a first for me.

I had it for a good 4-6 months! At the time I was pretty depressed because of it and I'm not a makeup user either. I was on a study abroad trip and while I was in HK, I bought this cream called "Cosmed Spot Off Intensive Anti-spots & Freckles UV Whitening Treatment" You can find it at sasa.com

It's supposed to whiten with Arbutin (Bearberry extract) and Retinol, but instead after my study abroad I noticed that the entire white patch was gone! It seemed to even out my skin tone...no more hypopigmentation!

I'm pretty sure I have a picture of me with the white patch somewhere, if I can crop it nicely I'll try to post it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Karebear thanks you so much I will definately be trying that!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have a spot of this hypopigmentation on my face and I am finding that the Obagi is helping everything "blend" together if that makes sense. I can't tell if the hypopigmentation went away or if because my freckles diminished so much and my skin tone is starting to become more even that it makes the hypopigmented spot way less obvious.
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I thought about recommending Obagi, but I'm afraid it might be too traumatic a route for someone who never looked into it before. I imagine someone who went the Obagi route had enough will power whether due to their own insecuries of their skin or just plain strong willed for change! But yes, Obagi will help with the hypopigmentation because it is supposed to even out skin tone as well as fade hyPERpigmentation.

Definitely do your research about this one though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I agree Kareberry. Obagi is not something to just jump into. Too many people start this without doing any research into it!
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:22 am      Reply with quote
As promised, here's a picture of that patch of hypopigmentation I was talking about. It's not a good picture because I cropped just my cheek, but trust me it's there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I have had numerous "white spots" on my legs and particularly arms, for years. It is the result of severe sun damage. I don't know of anything will help with the kind I have...hopefully you have something different!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I have had numerous "white spots" on my legs and particularly arms, for years. It is the result of severe sun damage. I don't know of anything will help with the kind I have...hopefully you have something different!
guntz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I had brown spots from acne on my face T^T, maybe I can find something to get out quickly. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I have white spots all over my arms and some on my lower legs and have had them for 30 or so years as a result of SEVERE Sad sun damage. Nothing can bring back the color. Hopefully yours is something different!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Is there an echo in here?? Sorry, I didn't realize my 1st post got posted, hence the redundant posting! Embarassed
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Oops. The image wasn't working. Had to upload to photobucket but that severely cut down the quality of the picture so it might not be too visible. Nevermind, it's working now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Ican't seem to see the image
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I got numerous white spots on my face from sun damage on newly healed skin from acne. After LOTS of online research, I read about how needling could help, by poking through the scar tissue, so melanin containing cells can fill in where you poked--

So, I've been doing that, with a 1.5mm dermaroller, as well as with diabetic lancets. The spots are still lighter than the rest of my face, but no where near as bad. I have definitely gotten some repigmentation- maybe around 50%. It's possible i could get quicker/better improvement if I got a little sun on my face, but I'm not willing to risk hyperpigmentation sun damage. Obagi + Retin-A have helped that a lot. Light spots, dark spots.....do Dalmatians worry about it? Rolling Eyes
Robin
andreana
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
kyplantjunkie

Did you do Obagi nuderm? I am really dyign to try this as I think my pigmentation makes the hypo look much worse
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I did the nuderm. You're right- evening out any hyperpigmentation does make the hypopigmentation less apparent.
Robin
sudansy
5% products discount

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kareberry* wrote:
As promised, here's a picture of that patch of hypopigmentation I was talking about. It's not a good picture because I cropped just my cheek, but trust me it's there.

howcome i can't see the picture? it shows a box and an "x" inside that one and next to that "X" shows the word image.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I can't see it either, sudansy, don't feel like you are the only one!
SJHOLLIS0331

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am new to this forum but I have both hypo and hyperpigmentation. I am currently using the Obagi Nuderm products. Are these good to help with hypopigmentation. I notice that my skin tone is trying to even out, the dark spots on face are lightening up but not sure that the lights spots are getting the color back. Pls help if u can.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |