Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Please help with my aging skin!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
samuel
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 27
Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
I had very good luck with DMAE,Emu oil and HA but then the DMAE report came out and I gave it up. I started trying just a tiny bit of 2nd generation CP serum at night and Alpha Derma CE during the day. Now I look terrible, my skin looks so saggy and I see little lines coming up around my lips and my nasolabial lines are more prominent. I gave up the CP's and ADCE because I got so scared. What the heck went wrong with my skin? Could the DMAE have damaged my skin and it did not show up until I stopped using the serum. Please give me your input on how to get my skin back on track!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2004
Posts: 2304
Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:07 am      Reply with quote
I think someone with more experience on CPs may be able to help you more but initial use of CPs has been known to cause "the uglies" or dry, lined skin. I think you should continue with the routine and you may find your skin will settle down and good results will show after some time.

_________________
Skin: Over 60, ex combination now sensitive, Cellcosmet
Oakview
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Posts: 222
Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:30 am      Reply with quote
You might try to use even less of the cp's and proceed very slowly. I have never had a problem with them but know that some people do. Skinbiology has a new, milder cp product and I'm thinking it is the first generation product. If it is not the one you are using, you might want to try it. Also, are you still using any type of moisturizer? I think for plus 40 skin it's important to moisturize. Good luck!
Racecargirl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 175
Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
You might want to start out with the CP serum of 4 drops to 4 drops of water. Then after a couple of weeks, increase the CP serum to 5 drops and 3 drops of water. This will introduce the serum into your sign slowly will little reaction. I started this way few months ago and I have noticed an improvement in my skin. (I'm treating with CPs due to hyperpigmenation.) Somewhere around here is an entire thread on CPs and how to introduce them slowly. Good Luck.

_________________
Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
samuel
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 27
Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi, thanks everyone for all the replies. I have been using a minute amount of CP's like 2 drops with 6 drops of emu oil. I might be one of those people who are very sensitive to CP's. I was so excited to start the routine and my dissapointment is great. ACDE sucked all the moisture out of my very dry skin eventhough I also slathered on the emu oil and HA with it. I might think about using the 1st generation CP's but at this point I have wasted lots of money to make my skin look bad!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Apr 2006
Posts: 1313
Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
samuel wrote:
Hi, thanks everyone for all the replies. I have been using a minute amount of CP's like 2 drops with 6 drops of emu oil. I might be one of those people who are very sensitive to CP's. I was so excited to start the routine and my dissapointment is great. ACDE sucked all the moisture out of my very dry skin eventhough I also slathered on the emu oil and HA with it. I might think about using the 1st generation CP's but at this point I have wasted lots of money to make my skin look bad!


Hi Samuel,

It sounds like you might have pushed the cps further into your skin with the emu oil. Have you tried it with water? What is your method of exfoliation? Do you exfoliate everyday? I can attest to the fact that the Super GHK is a great product, but it is a bit expensive.
samuel
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 27
Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
samuel wrote:
Hi, thanks everyone for all the replies. I have been using a minute amount of CP's like 2 drops with 6 drops of emu oil. I might be one of those people who are very sensitive to CP's. I was so excited to start the routine and my dissapointment is great. ACDE sucked all the moisture out of my very dry skin eventhough I also slathered on the emu oil and HA with it. I might think about using the 1st generation CP's but at this point I have wasted lots of money to make my skin look bad!


Hi Samuel,

It sounds like you might have pushed the cps further into your skin with the emu oil. Have you tried it with water? What is your method of exfoliation? Do you exfoliate everyday? I can attest to the fact that the Super GHK is a great product, but it is a bit expensive.


Hi, I did not think about that! I have not tried it with water and now I am scared to. I use the microfiber cloth for exfoliation. What has the Super GHK done for your skin and what type of skin do you have? Thanks for your help!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is just an overuse of CP and you had a case of the "uglies" from too much, too soon. If you want to try the CP again, you need to use water. The emu oil is pushing the CP into your skin deeper!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Apr 2006
Posts: 1313
Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
samuel wrote:
skincarefreak wrote:
samuel wrote:
Hi, thanks everyone for all the replies. I have been using a minute amount of CP's like 2 drops with 6 drops of emu oil. I might be one of those people who are very sensitive to CP's. I was so excited to start the routine and my dissapointment is great. ACDE sucked all the moisture out of my very dry skin eventhough I also slathered on the emu oil and HA with it. I might think about using the 1st generation CP's but at this point I have wasted lots of money to make my skin look bad!


Hi Samuel,

It sounds like you might have pushed the cps further into your skin with the emu oil. Have you tried it with water? What is your method of exfoliation? Do you exfoliate everyday? I can attest to the fact that the Super GHK is a great product, but it is a bit expensive.


Hi, I did not think about that! I have not tried it with water and now I am scared to. I use the microfiber cloth for exfoliation. What has the Super GHK done for your skin and what type of skin do you have? Thanks for your help!


Don't be scared to try it with water. If anything it will make it less potent...milder. I use both the cp serum and the Super GHK Serum. The Super GHK is firming and it also diminishes lines. I have only good things to say about it. The one drawback though is the price. It's just too expensive to use everyday. Sad

P.S. If you're skin looks really bad right now, I would take a break from cps for a couple of days and then start again with it but try it with water.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Samuel - Let us know how it goes!
KrazyKat
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 47
Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Samuel, I had the same experience as you with the uglies. I waited 1 year for the goodies to come and they did not (yes I mixed w water, took a break, lessened my dosage etc.). I want to warn you to pay attention to YOUR skin and see what happens as you go back on them or not. I was constantly waiting for the good affects everyone else has, but my skin was just not getting better.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 3539
Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
samuel

So sorry to hear about your experience. Perhaps you got a good case of the "uglies." CP's are agreeing with me. However, other products that members love don't. In saying that, you have to go with you instincts. If you feel that CP's and ADCE are not agreeing with you give them up.

Personally DMAE does not concern me at all. In fact, I use it everyday. If you are not comfortable with DMAE go back to applying HA with Emu on top. Within a few weeks I am sure your skin will be back to normal. At that point, if you want to add another product, I would look into an organic line. Adding one product at a time can help detect any skin sensitivities.

Good luck.

_________________
As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g)