Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Stem Cell Facial Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Stem Cell Facial Therapy --- The Next Big Thing:
The Sloane Clinic is Launching the New Stem Cell AAPE for Skin Rejuvenation

Imagine a "chemical messenger" that can enter skin cells and send a signal, teaching it to be young again. In time, the skin will begin to feel naturally rejuvenated, tighter and younger without surgery. Superficial blemishes and pigmentation will reverse itself, leaving the complexion flawless and young. Now The Sloane Clinic is offering treatments using AAPE, a stem cell protein extract that is able to deliver just that.

Singapore (PRWEB) August 29, 2007 -- Imagine a "chemical messenger" that can enter skin cells and send a signal, teaching it to be young again. In time, the skin will begin to feel naturally rejuvenated, tighter and younger without surgery. Superficial blemishes and pigmentation will reverse itself, leaving the complexion flawless and young. Now The Sloane Clinic is offering treatments using AAPE, a stem cell protein extract that is able to deliver just that.

Stem cells have the unique characteristic of "plasticity" -- they have the ability to give rise to all of the different tissues of the human body. In general, stem cells have two distinguishing characteristics: They are unspecialized, in that they can clone themselves without limit; and they can differentiate into many cell types with specific functions.

As you know, no treatment is able to freeze time as our bodies and skin is subjected to many environmental assaults daily, but this treatment certainly comes close Recently, scientists have discovered that human adipose (fat) tissue has a higher concentration of adult stem cells than any other tissue in the body. In fact, a given volume of adipose tissue contains 1,000 times more stem cells than the same volume of bone marrow -- 500 mL of fat can yield approximately 200 million stem cells. Stem cells have many unique applications in science and medicine, but this is the first time, protein extract derived from stem cells are used in the field of cosmetic dermatology.

In July 2007, facial and scalp rejuvenate therapies using AAPE was introduced at The Sloane Clinic in Singapore. AAPE (advanced adipose-derived stem cell protein extract) is a mixture of refined growth factor proteins that is extracted from human adipose-derived stem cells. AAPE uses proteins or chemical messengers that are extracted from stem cells found in human fat tissue. These messengers, when deposited or absorbed into the skin or scalp if that were the case, would then send a signal to cells in the skin teaching them to regenerate.

"In a very simplistic way, we are basically using this product to tell your skin to be young again," says Dr. Low Chai Ling, Aesthetic Physician of The Sloane Clinic, Singapore, one of the first doctors in Singapore to offer this treatment to her patients with overwhelming response.

"These AAPE cells are extracted from human adipocytes (fat cells) during the process of lipoaspiration (fat suction) and they contain the maximal number of stem cells in the human body. By cultivating these regenerative cells in test-tubes, we can establish cell lines which will serve as a reservoir of stem cells for anti-ageing and aesthetic therapies far superior than traditional methods of synthetic chemicals," she added.

Stem Cell as a Therapy
Stem-cell therapy can be viewed as a way to restore embryonic potential to a patient's aged or damaged cells. The goal of stem-cell therapy in aesthetic surgery would be to regenerate aging tissue. (of the face or scalp)

AAPE is the protein messengers extracted from these stem cells, and hence AAPE have the innate ability to rearrange, change, or repair local tissues significantly and rapidly. One of the most promising uses for AAPE may be the regeneration of facial fat that has been lost through the natural aging process -- facial fat atrophy. AAPE to could not only replace lost facial volume, but may also be able to rejuvenate the face by regenerating the skin from the inside out.

AAPE on the scalp can also help with the regeneration of ageing hair follicles and help stimulate hair growth and reverse the effects of balding without the need for hair transplant surgery.

A session will take about 30 minutes with multiple tiny punctures and most will begin to see the effects from your 3rd session onwards. Most patients will do a series of 6 sessions initially to prime their skin for long lasting anti-ageing effects.

"As you know, no treatment is able to freeze time as our bodies and skin is subjected to many environmental assaults daily, but this treatment certainly comes close," says Dr. Low Chai Ling.

Safety and Efficacy
AAPE which is the growth factors derived from stem cells harvested from human fat cells have been certified safe by CTFA (Cosmetic. Toiletry and Fragrance Association) as an approved cosmetic ingredient (Sep/13/2006). It has also been registered with INCI as human adipocyte conditioned media extract. This product is patented. (Patent registration number: PCT/KR2006/004111).

Stem Cell Facial and Scalp Therapy -- Miracle Facial?
Overall, stem cells raise the prospect of regenerating the aging face from the inside out, and thereby have the potential to change the entire practice of facial rejuvenation in the future. Stem Cell Facial Therapy for anti-ageing and intense facial rejuvenation purposes (reduction in wrinkles, pigmentation, evening of skin colour, closure of pores and softening and tightening ) costs around USD$600* per session. Stem Cell Scalp Therapy to regrow hair and reverse balding costs around USD$550*. Hair regrowth is usually seen in 6 sessions, 2 weeks apart.

For most, this is a leap in aesthetic advancement that is going to revolutionalize the cosmetic industry. And this will bring people a step closer to their anti-ageing ideal with the least amount of effort in the long run.

After all, pretty is what you are born with. But beautiful, that's an equal opportunity.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/8/prweb547516.htm

Dr. Low Chai Ling is an aesthetic physician and the medical director of The Sloane Clinic, Singapore. For more information on this and other treatment, please visitwww.sloaneclinic.com

*Prices accurate at time of print but may be subjected to change.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
This really boggles the mind and it is the first I have heard of stem cells from fat. Maybe I have not read the info properly, but If they are getting the stem cells from your own fat then why isn't your own body doing the job for you. I wonder where the fat stem cells are coming from? Someone else?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
My parents (65 and 66) just got stem cell therapy done in Thailand (i.e. they live there). My mom was telling me about it. It's certainly fascinating. It cost them 250K baht (or $7,576). I'll definitely try to get more feedback after some time has passed.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
My parents (65 and 66) just got stem cell therapy done in Thailand (i.e. they live there). My mom was telling me about it. It's certainly fascinating. It cost them 250K baht (or $7,576). I'll definitely try to get more feedback after some time has passed.

Have you seen your parents after their treatment yet? For the price paid, I hope they get some decent results.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl -
THis is fascinating. I will be curious as to how your parents felt about this and had to say about the results.
cl425

Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, if you click on the link to the Sloan clinic found in the first post, you can watch Dr Low being interviewed on facial stem cell therapy (go to stem cell beauty). Beyond the impressive before and after shots, one of the interesting points made was stem cells can be applied to the skin in two ways: by injection (most effective method) and topically. I wonder which cosmeceutical firm will be the first out with a topical.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm fascinated with this topic as well, all, so I will be sure to check with my parents often to see if they see any good results or not. My mom said the doctor harvested the stem cells from her spines and put them in a freezer. Then my parents returned in a few days and get re-injected with the stem cells in to the various parts of their bodies that the doctor recommended (I guess depending on the health issue they were concerned about). My mom opted for her face, too, but my dad didn't. I won't be seeing my parents again until next year, but I talk to them very often on the phone.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I live in Thailand. I saw a lot of people very crazy about it for a while. But right now it's just simple things. I saw it's just direct sell and don't have any fascinating. It's too expensive and can't give you the brillant result. I heard someone said it's very very greasy and do not see any differences. Someone said it can break them out.
MBGirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Adipose tissue does indeed contain stem cells.

However, if this "promising new treatment" was really "all that", it seems that we'd already be seeing significant skin rejuvenation results here in the US in patients who have autologous fat transfers (fat grafting) to their faces. To my knowledge, we don't see incredible results beyond the improvement in facial volume in direct relation to the amount of fat grafted to (and retained in) a particular area.

In other words, with autologous fat transfer, all we see is increased facial volume as per the amount of retained grafted fat, and not any further rejuvenation or increased youthfulness in the quality of the skin.

What DOES show promise in rejuvenationg older skin is Restylane. Studies have found that repeated Restylane injections cause the formation of natural "young" collagen in older patients, i.e. new collagen which is the quality of that of a younger person's skin starts to form in an older person's skin.

Since Juvederm is also injectible HA, this may be true of Juvederm, too (Juvederm is longer lastng and gives a "softer" appearance due to being higher molecular weight HA)...however, the only studies to date have been on Restylane, not Juvederm. Both are HA, of different molecular weights, by the way.
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl,I have some girlfriends that had the same treatment done in Bangkok too for roughly the same price. They opted for injections into lines and wrinkles on their faces and necks too. The claims are pretty outragious and i'm pretty dubious though they reckon it takes a good six months for it to kick in. They are also taking stem cell supplements now.One of them is my best friend and i did do some research and came up with this
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6370140/site/newsweek/
which is interesting,i think. It's been a few months now and i can't say my girlfriend is looking alot younger but she reckons her metabolism is alot faster!!! But for the money she paid,I personally would expect a bit more.
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
MBGirl wrote:
What DOES show promise in rejuvenationg older skin is Restylane. Studies have found that repeated Restylane injections cause the formation of natural "young" collagen in older patients, i.e. new collagen which is the quality of that of a younger person's skin starts to form in an older person's skin.

Since Juvederm is also injectible HA, this may be true of Juvederm, too (Juvederm is longer lastng and gives a "softer" appearance due to being higher molecular weight HA)...however, the only studies to date have been on Restylane, not Juvederm. Both are HA, of different molecular weights, by the way.

Hi MBGirl!

I notice that you use the term studies and not study. I am only aware of the following study on HA injections and increased collagen production. http://archderm.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/143/2/155?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=Voorhees&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT
Can you provide links to the other studies? TIA

To All: As for the Stem Cell AAPE treatment-I get the impression that they are not injecting fat/stem cells or topically applying fat/stem cells but rather that they have found a way to extract growth factors from stem cells derived from adipose tissue.

Here are some quotes from the Sloan Clinic website:

"AAPE stands for Advanced Adipocyte Protein Extract and is a mixture of growth factors that come from stem cells that is harvested from fat."

"However, with this treatment we are using growth factors to stimulate the production of new cells and thus new and younger looking skin."

So it sounds to me like this is just a different way to obtain growth factors. What those growth factors are I don't know. And how they compare to growth factors derived from other sources I also don't know.
jjuretu

Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
What is actual facial therapy means? I heard that stem cells are only for the related to cryo-cell dot com impotency and pregnancy.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |