Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Love these Brushes!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the brushes from Coastal Scents? WOW! They are marked down right now (wayyy down). I ordered a couple of shadow, blending and the pump brush. They are really nice.
I got the following:

Chisel Point/Pointed Crease Duet for $3.95!! Sable hair.

Flat Mineral Bronzer Buffer Large for $4.25. Here is the description from the website: The same brush sold by the nations leading retailer at an affordable price! This brush will give you an ultimate application, use with foundation, blush,shimmer powders, especially works wonders with veil & bronzer.

Made with natural pony hair, hand cut for precision application. Set in a seamless nickel ferrule with wood handle. Made to last a lifetime with proper care and cleansing.

I also got the Refillable Powder Dispensing Pump to carry in my purse. It is $6.95. Description: Great for on the go! Just unscrew the bottom to put in the mineral foundation or veil finishing powder. Pump the bottom to dispense the desired amount of powder into the bristles and brush on. Perfect for quick touch-ups during the day! Comes with a protective plastic cover.

I got a couple of the Picture Perfect Contour Shadow Brush for $1 each. Description: Exceptional quality sable hair shadow brush, offers complete coverage and control of your shadow application

I also ordered some samples of their MMU & some eyeshadow. I have not played with it yet but will let you know how it is. They also sell supplies to make your own MMU, bath bombs, etc.... Their Spa line looks very interesting and I am sort of interested in a couple of their masks.

Ship internationally as well and a number of shipping options (FedX, Mail, etc.. and a range of prices). Free shipping with $100 order.

I think I may order a Kabuki brush to try them. I am set on Kabuki right now but at this price, if it is as nice, it would be worth getting.

http://www.coastalscents.com
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I am looking for my new brush for my face. Thanks for sharing. Wink
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Wow, their prices really are amazing!

Thank you for telling us, Damblues Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I hate to be the voice of negativity, but I have tried these brushes and I hated them with the fire of 1000 suns. Seriously, they are the lowest quality brushes I have ever used. The angled blush brush was the worst--- it was really scratchy, and it made my blush go on all streaky and blotchy! I'm sad to say that this really turned out to be a case of getting what you pay for as far as the price is concerned. If anyone is looking for affordable brushes that are still top quality, I would highly recommend checking out Alima or Lumiere instead. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks manslayerliz for sharing and save me time and money. I just about to place an order. Embarassed
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I have not had the scratchy experience you describe. I did not get the brush you got. I have not had an issue with scratching on the brushes I got. I have not filled up the pump brush but it feels soft and pliable.

I figure if the eyeshadow brush that is marked down to $1 does not last more than a few months - I am ok with it. I use eyeshadow brushes a lot!

I will update in a couple of weeks to let you all know how they are holding up! Time will tell.

Deb
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Wanted to update on the brushes from coastal scents.

I have not had the horrible experience manslayerliz had with her blush brush.

I love these brushes. The eyeshadow one works wonderfully. The bristles are smooth, they hold on to the shadow and there is minimal "powdering" from applying eyeshadow. The buffer brush is really nice. I use it for my radiance I put on. It is soft and blends the bare radiance in flawlessly.

I put mineral veil in the pump brush and threw it in my purse. While I was in D. C. this week, I could pop a bit on in the evening before we went out for dinner because we frequently left from the office. It worked just fine.

The handles on the brushes are sturdy, when I test pulled on the bristles - none came out and they do not itch, scratch or shed while I am using them.

Also, I ordered the concealer brush and it is like the BE concealer brush. Just less expensive. I forgot to include that one in my first review. My BE one had bit the dust, so it is now replaced.

The $1 eyeshadow brushes I gave to my daughter. She needed some and took them. (Fine with me, they were only a $1) - she said they are working fine - no complaints. So I have not used those.

I do not hate these at all. I disagree that you get what you pay for on these - I feel you get more than you pay for.

Deb
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |